OSU beats Rutgers whoopdeDoo

FreeBird

• FreeBird changed the title to OSU beats Rutgers whoopdeDoo
6 minutes ago, concha said:

Except for it not being a designed play, of course.

Why didn’t he punt that Don? No chance of it being blocked. You’re up 40 against the worst team in the B1G. He had a free run so he took it. Coaches probably should’ve told him if you’re up by 40 against Rutgers, you kick it anyway. Anyway, big day for the RB! 

9 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Why didn’t he punt that Don? No chance of it being blocked. You’re up 40 against the worst team in the B1G. He had a free run so he took it. Coaches probably should’ve told him if you’re up by 40 against Rutgers, you kick it anyway. Anyway, big day for the RB! 

He’s a rugby-style punter, and was running to the right side to kick, and looked up and saw that there were literally no Rutgers players on that entire side of the field.  He could have moon-walked backward for a 1st down.

5 minutes ago, reggid said:

He’s a rugby-style punter, and was running to the right side to kick, and looked up and saw that there were literally no Rutgers players on that entire side of the field.  He could have moon-walked backward for a 1st down.

We agree. Had a free run so he took it. Just like the coaches taught him but they probably didn’t expect him to do it at home against Rutgers Lol

9 minutes ago, hardhit1 said:

Exactly 

they put pressure on to block it and no  defenders were on the right side of the rugby style kicker so he took off

nothing to see or make of this 😂

But I thought he was a rugby style punter and goes to his right either way? That’s what another Ohio fan stated. Ohio fans going to back their team. I get it. If Alabama runs a fake punt while up 40 against Vanderbilt would you have different energy? It is what it is. Fake punts against Rutgers at home while up 40 points is bad no matter how you want to slice it. He had a free kick, could’ve gotten off a booming punt, he ran. And you guys want to say it wasn’t designed. 🤩😁

The punter runs if he has an open lane for the first down. That’s designed , coaches should’ve told him not to take it while up 40 at home against Rutgers. 😁

1 minute ago, HurricaneNick said:

But I thought he was a rugby style punter and goes to his right either way? That’s what another Ohio fan stated. Ohio fans going to back their team. I get it. If Alabama runs a fake punt while up 40 against Vanderbilt would you have different energy? It is what it is. Fake punts against Rutgers at home while up 40 points is bad no matter how you want to slice it. He had a free kick, could’ve gotten off a booming punt, he ran. And you guys want to say it wasn’t designed. 🤩😁

The punter runs if he has an open lane for the first down. That’s designed , coaches should’ve told him not to take it while up 40 at home against Rutgers. 😁

You should have watched the game

it was not designed but think all you want

because I’m a fan I’m not hating on teams. Fair enough? 😀

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

We agree. Had a free run so he took it. Just like the coaches taught him but they probably didn’t expect him to do it at home against Rutgers Lol

They probably didn't expect Schiano to have no contain whatsoever on the edges.

Go figure.

So...it's no big deal that he took off on a fake punt.  I can live with that.  I also can live with the hit on said "punter" even out of bounds.  You're down by 39...the guy fakes the punt...take the SHOT.

Would have loved to see Shiano and Day fight it out.

Rufus>>

15 minutes ago, concha said:

Next time Schiano might try to act like he's at least making an effort and not leave a freeway-sized opening with an invitation and assorted snacks and beverages lining the path to the first down.

Just a suggestion.

Day might wanna suggest his punter slide if he's gonna run up by 39.

Rufus>>

On 10/1/2022 at 6:22 PM, HurricaneNick said:

Why didn’t he punt that Don? No chance of it being blocked. You’re up 40 against the worst team in the B1G.

So Rutgers can continue to play the game and overload for the punt block but Ohio State somehow has to put their hands in their pockets and stop playing?

You guys crying Argentina for Rutgers are making zero sense.

If Rutgers wanted the game to be over they could have went through the motions to get the game over. 

But if they are gonna continue to play hard for the entire 60 minutes it’s ridiculous of you or anyone else to suggest that their opponent shouldn’t do the same.