Lakeland is better than

badrouter

14 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

I do.

I find it unbecoming to use a high school program as a personal vehicle for one's ego.

Funny that you think playing an OOS game is only for egomaniacs but sticking around as coach into your late 70s just to break the wins record somehow isn't.

He's still doing a great job. He beat STA by two touchdowns when he was in his 70s. There's no reason to think he should step down. One may think pursuing other interests would be more fulfilling. But that's a matter of personal preference. It's not anyone else's business.

11 minutes ago, badrouter said:

However, getting your skull dented by vastly superior opponents over and over can really harm team morale, and vice versa.

But nobody is claiming this.

You're just flailing by using Lake Gibson as a comparison to the powerhouse teams you mentioned above.

The better you are the farther you have to go to find quality competition.

I agree that crappy Lake Gibson shouldn't be playing American Heritage. But that's got nothing to do with the subject.

5 minutes ago, SportsMarketing said:

Venice looked somewhat competitive for a bit in that game (being they didn't get running clocked like you predicted) and they got a cut of TV revenue and a gate for the game but your telling me the best games Lakeland could get is Osceola and Apopka? Give me a break!

The home team gets a fee but no gate and no TV revenue when it's an ESPN game.

2 hours ago, badrouter said:

I might argue that in the classes of '23 and '24, Lakeland has fourteen players with 3* or more, while the two schools I mentioned have six each. Next, I'd speak to history. Under its current coach, Lakeland has many wins over major national powers, while those schools have (off the top of my head) zero such wins. Lakeland also has seven state titles in a state which is known to be orders of magnitude better than Illinois and Hawaii. So, on paper they are much more talented, and in real results under the current coaches, they are much more established.

It's a pretty easy argument, actually. Though I'd be happy to stick with Nolebull's initial comment. But, as long as people are going to put out national rankings, I will be happy to offer my own opinions.

Lank to this Lakeland team 🤔

Most FL teams I've seen have been borderline trash.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, badrouter said:

@954gator @golfaddict1 @Atticus Finch three votes. Who’s better, Rainey or Bowman?

Bowman is faster straight line from what I recall, but it’s been so long.  Everything else, I’d lean Rainey first thought at the HS level.  You know me, 😂  I don’t take questions lightly, especially sports related.  
I’d have to watch clips for awhile to make a more serious effort.   

Just too much on my plate with a sports addiction and current Abby normal analytical dissection of my Swiss cheese portfolio 4th quarter adjustments and game plan next week to get my %’s the way I want until end of year.  

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

Oh shit GSB is back 

No it's that Lake City cross-dresser than runs from board to board pretending to be the guru of Florida.

Next time you are traveling through NFla he/she can be found performing at "Incahoots" in Jacksonville. (If you're into that kind of thing)😏

6 hours ago, badrouter said:

Coaches and schools that want to become known and relevant can benefit from playing a big OOS opponent. Castle doesn't need to seek any of this.

Lakeland controlled the Osceola game, getting on the verge of blowing it open. They failed to do so primarily because of three plays. Up 13-0 and with the ball inside Osceola's 40, a wide open RB dropped a pass in a monsoon, and the drive stalled. Then, Osceola moved their best player over from defense, and he turned a screen pass into a TD (he's a great, 4* player); they then recovered an onsides kick, then threw up a duck on a broken play that the same guy pulled in and took in for a score. osceola also got another onsides kick to start the 2nd half, and hit a trick play to set up the 3rd score. The game was also played with the assumption that it would be the first of two games between the teams, so I imagine Castle kept some things in the playbook for November.

I also maintain that Osceola is better than many realize. Their ugly win over Treasure Coast doesn't look nearly as bad now given STA also had an ugly win over TC. Looking forward to seeing them play Jones in a week.

Lakeland is a very good team, but Lakeland was never on the verge of blowing it open. 

Two short field positions off turnovers early in the 1st gave lakeland a 13-0 lead. From there Jackson took over, he took a screen for a TD and the went over the defender and took the ball proceeding to outrun the defense for a TD. (was no broken play). 

Ja'keem Jackson (Florida Commit) is a stud on defense but not the best defensive player on the team. Osceola's Defense is loaded with Power 5 players throughout. (Bo Mascoe (Rutger commit) the other DB actually blanketed Lakelands star reciever Tyler Williams) (Side note: Jackson was originally a Wide reciever with D1 offers converted to DB so Osceola usually has him line up at reciever every game, not just for this game)

Look forward to the Osceola vs Lakeland rematch in the post season should be a Great game! 

And you are correct Osceola is better than many realize, I actually have them as one of my favorites for the 4S division.

Lakeland is much better than Osceola, they had 14 points taken off the board over 2 ridiculous calls.

1. Dreadnaughts RB goes 70 yards for a TD that was back when they call holding 30 yards down the filed on the Lakeland WR.(WR's blocking happens EVERY play. See the video) 

2. An Osceola RB fumbled and Lakeland was returning it for a Td when a bogus call said he was down (See the photo)

Lakeland'22.jpg_medium

• Like 1

11 hours ago, PCGridiron said:

Lakeland is much better than Osceola, they had 14 points taken off the board over 2 ridiculous calls.

1. Dreadnaughts RB goes 70 yards for a TD that was back when they call holding 30 yards down the filed on the Lakeland WR.(WR's blocking happens EVERY play. See the video) 

2. An Osceola RB fumbled and Lakeland was returning it for a Td when a bogus call said he was down (See the photo)

Lakeland'22.jpg_mediumUnavailable

I do not agree the game was never on the verge of being a blow out as much as people would like to make it seem.

14 Points were not taken off the board.

1. The TD called back was the correct call, at the stadium it was clear as day. Not to mention the ref was in perfect position and had the best view in the house and made the call. 

2. Not able to see the picture you posted, it is saying unavailable on my side.

Not trying to be an asshole but you are reaching with these 2 points.

This is a rivalry game that always is back and forth, as it was in this recent meeting. Coach Castle and Coach EP are very familiar with each other and I didnt expect anything less.

STOP THE CAP!

On 10/2/2022 at 9:19 AM, Atticus Finch said:

I do.

I find it unbecoming to use a high school program as a personal vehicle for one's ego.

Funny that you think playing an OOS game is only for egomaniacs but sticking around as coach into your late 70s just to break the wins record somehow isn't.

What you say might have some validity if we wasn't able to do the job very well (and no, traveling several hours away for games is not "part of the job"; most schools don't travel that far for games). If most felt that the program would be better off with someone else, etc. But, as you said he IS Lakeland football. When he finally steps down, the program figures to take a step back. Nobody at Lakeland wants him to leave.

You just don't like seeing him close in on the record.

On 10/2/2022 at 3:46 PM, Svargas19 said:

Lakeland is a very good team, but Lakeland was never on the verge of blowing it open. 

Two short field positions off turnovers early in the 1st gave lakeland a 13-0 lead. From there Jackson took over, he took a screen for a TD and the went over the defender and took the ball proceeding to outrun the defense for a TD. (was no broken play). 

Ja'keem Jackson (Florida Commit) is a stud on defense but not the best defensive player on the team. Osceola's Defense is loaded with Power 5 players throughout. (Bo Mascoe (Rutger commit) the other DB actually blanketed Lakelands star reciever Tyler Williams) (Side note: Jackson was originally a Wide reciever with D1 offers converted to DB so Osceola usually has him line up at reciever every game, not just for this game)

Look forward to the Osceola vs Lakeland rematch in the post season should be a Great game! 

And you are correct Osceola is better than many realize, I actually have them as one of my favorites for the 4S division.

If Osceola recovers two onside kicks again in a rematch, it'll be another good game!

Lakeland Offense with offers listed:

WR Tyler Williams 4* (UGA commit) WR Daidren Zipperer 3* (Pitt commit) WR Jamar Taylor c/o '24 3* TE Omari Mixon '24 (EKU)

LT Devin Vass  will be a 3* soon (Missouri, Vandy) LG Melvin Robinson (EKU, Rhode Island) C Stokes c/o '24 RG Darian Anderson (DII) RT Genorris Wilson 3* (Auburn commit)

RB: Demarius Rucker c/o '24 3*

QB Zach Pleuss 5,000 career passing yards, probably DII

Defense:

DL Guerlens Milfort 3* (Kansas, NC St) DL Chevaughn Hibbbert (Coastal Carolina) Edge Larry Jones 3* (Coastal Carolina) Edge LaVaughn Brown (USF) DL Idris King (Ark. St)

LB R.J. Kelly 3* (Ark. St) LB Ro Hardy (hoops, FCS likely) LB Josh Smith (EKU) LB Robert Riley (EKU)

DB Cormani McClain 5* DB Shadarian Harrison 3* (Pitt commit) DB Brayshon Williams c/o '24 4* DB Dontay Joyner 3* (Marshall commit) DB Kamaurri McKinley 3* (Toledo commit) DB Twan Wilson 3* (Jackson St. commit)

That's 15 guys (counting Vass who's SEC offers ensure he'll become a 3* soon) rated 3* or better. There are teams with even more such players, but they are few and far between. Mater Dei is not among those teams. FWIW.