Geico Bowl Series 2022

FootballGuy

2 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Aight fellas... It's about that time where we start speculating on who we want to see in the Geico Bowl. So, what are some dream match-ups y'all would like to see? The eligible states include Georgia, Florida, Arizona, Nevada, Utah, Hawaii, Washington, and St. Frances*

Personally...I think the ONE team who might rep in the Geico would be....

Langston Hughes.

I believe they will be the undefeated AAAAAA Champions...and they could very well be willing to take 50 players somewhere to play somebody.  Other than them...my second pick would be Buford.  Albeit I don't think Buford will be undefeated if they win the AAAAAAA State Championship.

Rufus>>

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

Personally...I think the ONE team who might rep in the Geico would be....

Langston Hughes.

I believe they will be the undefeated AAAAAA Champions...and they could very well be willing to take 50 players somewhere to play somebody.  Other than them...my second pick would be Buford.  Albeit I don't think Buford will be undefeated if they win the AAAAAAA State Championship.

Rufus>>

You know it's always the 7A champ BESIDES the one year valdosta stepped in for Grayson.

8 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

You know it's always the 7A champ BESIDES the one year valdosta stepped in for Grayson.

Well....unless the AAAAAAA Champion is undefeated...it probably isn't.

If it's Buford....then maybe they go.  Just don't know they'll be undefeated.

If it's Mill Creek...MAYBE they go.  But I would bet against it.

If it's Valdosta...they'll definitely go.  But you gotta think the odds are terribly high against them winning State.

If it's Colquitt...they don't go.  Not unless they're allowed to take their full team.  So...they don't go.

I don't know who else has a shot at being undefeated....except Langston Hughes.  And I'm just guessing...THEY go.

Rufus>>

43 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

If it's Valdosta...they'll definitely go.  But you gotta think the odds are terribly high against them winning State.

If it's Colquitt...they don't go.  Not unless they're allowed to take their full team.  So...they don't go.

I don't know who else has a shot at being undefeated....except Langston Hughes.  And I'm just guessing...THEY go.

Rufus>>

Good points. Definitely don't want Valdosta to go (not enough offense). Would love to see Colquitt on the big stage but you mentioned the whole team going and we all know how that's gonna go. I don't see why Mill Creek wouldn't go. Langston Hughes? While they are loaded, I'm not sure if they're quite ready for THAT type of competition yet. I mean, I think Lee County wouldn't mind going and redeeming themselves @ Geico if given the opportunity. I think their RB Kromah would put on a show and then some against someone like.....Gorman or Chandler. 

5 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Good points. Definitely don't want Valdosta to go (not enough offense). Would love to see Colquitt on the big stage but you mentioned the whole team going and we all know how that's gonna go. I don't see why Mill Creek wouldn't go. Langston Hughes? While they are loaded, I'm not sure if they're quite ready for THAT type of competition yet. I mean, I think Lee County wouldn't mind going and redeeming themselves @ Geico if given the opportunity. I think their RB Kromah would put on a show and then some against someone like.....Gorman or Chandler. 

I agree that Lee County would probably hold up well...but Colquitt has already beat them.   Langston Hughes could possibly get the job done...depending on who they match up against.  I THINK Mill Creek would do OK...but...just not sold on them at this point.  If Buford can stay unbeaten...and actually win AAAAAAA....I'm pretty sure they'll go...

Rufus>>

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

I agree that Lee County would probably hold up well...but Colquitt has already beat them.   Langston Hughes could possibly get the job done...depending on who they match up against.  I THINK Mill Creek would do OK...but...just not sold on them at this point.  If Buford can stay unbeaten...and actually win AAAAAAA....I'm pretty sure they'll go...

Rufus>>

Hey, Cedar Grove got beat by two in state teams in Colquitt and Mill Creek and went on the road and smashed St. John's and Marietta lost two in state games to Grayson and McEachern the year they went to Geico and smashed Eastside Catholic. Looks like taking a couple of in state ass whoopings worked out well for our teams that went OOS. Cedar Grove could possibly be an option for Geico as well. Definitely would love to see Buford go as well. A Geico win would be a HUGE resume boost and a high finish in the national rankings (assuming they finish 16-0).

8 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

Rufus>>

Langston will most definitely go. I've heard two statements from them that come up in literally every conversation with their players or coaches:

"1-0 every week"

"We'll play anywhere, anytime. And we'll prove it."

1 minute ago, 954gator said:

They should let GA get revenge on SFA for the murder of Lee County.     Let Gorman and Florida team match up (unless it's central bc they seem to play often lol)

I wouldn't mind seeing a Lee/SFA rematch. I think both teams match up well in the sense of what they want to do offensively. I'd like to see Miami Central go against Chandler (AZ). It's only right that they return the favor for what Chandler did to their Miami brethren a few years ago. 

• Like 2