The case for 2022 Corona Centennial as national top 20 team?

badrouter

5 minutes ago, badrouter said:

What are the wins for CC that are to inform us they are national top 20 material? Of course, suggesting they may not be that good is blasphemous, so I'd never do that. 😶

I Luv Cen10 and No way are they a Top 10 National Team this year….

No Reputible poll has Cen10 in the National Top 10 except for The “SFA is #1 No Matter What Poll”….. 🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

22 minutes ago, badrouter said:

What are the wins for CC that are to inform us they are national top 20 material? Of course, suggesting they may not be that good is blasphemous, so I'd never do that. 😶

I’d say it’s all speculative on whether they are top 20 or not. Would not think it’s blasphemous to think they aren’t? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, badrouter said:

Their best win is 41-0 at home over a 4-5 JSerra team that happened to play MD close.  Cen10 is a nightmare matchup for JSerra so it’s hard to read anything from that game.  Otherwise, the rest of their wins are against pedestrian (at best) SoCA teams.

Not sure you can read much from the loss vs Mater Dei.  MD took their foot off the pedal after their first drive in the second half. The optics there are to make Cen10 look somewhat competitive for MD.  But MD, can make any top 20 team look pretty bad so it’s hard to say.

That leaves the upcoming playoffs to let us know.  They probably win round 1 against either MV, LBP, or Los Al depending on how the rankings end up.  Again, it will be at home and they are always ready for round 1.  A convincing win I think should earn them 20-25.  Then they get bounced, by SJB this time, and again, it will be hard to glean anything from as SJB should easily handle most every top 25 team. 

Putting them at 20-25 will draw ridicule from SoCa homers, especially those whose teams are vying for a national title, but it’s probably realistic. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, steeler01 said:

First thing you have to do is make a list of who you would have above them and why.

I don't want to hear about Naples,  Venice etc

Actually, I agree with Nolebull’s theory on national ratings. None of them are to be trusted. As such, we need not come up with a list of teams who are better than CC. We just need to stop saying CC is better than those teams.

CC’s style of play lends itself to huge numbers and big scores…no matter who they have playing. So, it’s misleading to read into their large margins of victory over inferior competition. And relying on the results of previous years’ teams is not appropriate, either. Just looking at who they’ve beaten, they’ve done nothing to prove- or even strongly suggest- they are a national top 20 team this year. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, badrouter said:

Actually, I agree with Nolebull’s theory on national ratings. None of them are to be trusted. As such, we need not come up with a list of teams who are better than CC. We just need to stop saying CC is better than those teams.

CC’s style of play lends itself to huge numbers and big scores…no matter who they have playing. So, it’s misleading to read into their large margins of victory over inferior competition. And relying on the results of previous years’ teams is not appropriate, either. Just looking at who they’ve beaten, they’ve done nothing to prove- or even strongly suggest- they are a national top 20 team this year

I don't disagree,  but again,  name 20 teams that are above them or have proven they're national top 20 teams. You'll be hard pressed to actually get to that number thinking rationally

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Cossacks said:

I’d say it’s all speculative on whether they are top 20 or not. Would not think it’s blasphemous to think they aren’t? 

I agree with this. You can say this for a lot of teams…. Their ranking is ‘speculative.’  Some of the Texas schools have lofty rankings but have a SOS lower than Cen10. They have not done anything either. speculation

We will find out soon about Cen10 in the playoffs.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

I agree with this. You can say this for a lot of teams…. Their ranking is ‘speculative.’  Some of the Texas schools have lofty rankings but have a SOS lower than Cen10. They have not done anything either. speculation

We will find out soon about Cen10 in the playoffs.

Just for kicks, where would Guyer be in your ranking?

22 minutes ago, SeaShells21 said:

Just for kicks, where would Guyer be in your ranking?

I have no issue with Guyer being where they are ranked now. They have 3 top 100 wins and a better SOS than anybody in the Texas top 10 except Allen (whose SOS gets skewed because they played Bosco). 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, steeler01 said:

I don't disagree,  but again,  name 20 teams that are above them or have proven they're national top 20 teams. You'll be hard pressed to actually get to that number thinking rationally

There are 9-10 teams in the state of Florida which CC has not demonstrated to be better than. (Central, Chaminade, AH, STA, Lakeland, Edgewater, Columbus, Cardinal Gibbons, Pine Forest, Bartram Trail). Yes, the inverse is also true. And, no, I'm not saying I'd bet on all of those teams to beat CC. But, as Atticus pointed out, it seems it is always CC that ends up ahead of the "50-50" teams. 

You have to know that CC would be behind the 8-ball in terms of physical talent against the first 5-7 teams I listed. They'd be reliant on their offensive scheme to win them the game. That may occur in a hypothetical game. But, given that is what they'd need, it doesn't make sense that we're just supposed to accept that CC belongs ahead of those teams in the ratings.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, badrouter said:

There are 9-10 teams in the state of Florida which CC has not demonstrated to be better than. (Central, Chaminade, AH, STA, Lakeland, Edgewater, Columbus, Cardinal Gibbons, Pine Forest, Bartram Trail). Yes, the inverse is also true.  

Exactly

PS. Pine Forest and Bartram Trail really cmon man

Cen10 isn't a Top 25 team Nationally. I would place them outside the Top 25, 30-35. They are a solid team, but they are irrelevant on the National scene. They're ranking is respect for Coach Logan. They don't have the same quality of dudes as they usually have, But still considered a solid #3 team in CA. Right now, CC is on the same side as Bosco in the potential playoff bracket based on seeding. Love to see that game. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, steeler01 said:

Exactly

PS. Pine Forest and Bartram Trail really cmon man

CC hasn't proven to be better than those teams to date. We're left to our own biases to make assumptions about them. All three have beaten a lot of mediocre-bad teams. BT's best win is likely better than CC's best win.

26 minutes ago, badrouter said:

CC hasn't proven to be better than those teams to date. We're left to our own biases to make assumptions about them.

I'm not disputing that,  but you overrated way to many Florida teams.

I'll give you the first 6 or 7 but then you start inserting undefeated teams that have proven what in recent history?

26 minutes ago, badrouter said:

All three have beaten a lot of mediocre-bad teams. BT's best win is likely better than CC's best win.

Who Mainland or St. Augustine? Likely based off what

Mainland who just got pasted by Osceola? Spare me the Osceola talk,  I've watched them plenty,  and this year they're nothing special.

26 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Cen10 scored more points on MD than bosco did. All that means is that there are 900 teams in Florida better than Mater Dei. 

I'd love to see Centennial play a team he's talking about. It would put to rest some of the tomfoolery he pedals with some Florida teams.  Osceola, Naples, Venice, Current Manatee,  Pine Forest,  Bartram Trail etc....

21 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

I'm not disputing that,  but you overrated way to many Florida teams.

I'll give you the first 6 or 7 but then you start inserting undefeated teams that have proven what in recent history?

Who Mainland or St. Augustine? Likely based off what

Mainland who just got pasted by Osceola? Spare me the Osceola talk,  I've watched them plenty,  and this year they're nothing special.

Buchholz was undefeated coming into last Friday. That was BT’s best win.