New Joysey Non Public Playoff bracket released

FreeBird

• FreeBird changed the title to New Joysey Non Public Playoff bracket released
1 hour ago, Crusader12-0 said:

No complaints with the bracket. BC and Bosco with 1st round byes. Though I wouldn’t mind the bracket being cut to 12 teams in the future. It’s ridiculous to have teams that are well under 500 in the playoffs. 

Who does Joes play when they beat St. Paul’s 

1 hour ago, Testadura said:

Joes is seeded 4

???

https://highschoolsports.nj.com/football/brackets/season/2022-2023/4143

17 hours ago, Testadura said:

Should be Bosco and Joes in the final 4. Semis.  

a lot of parity this year.  Uncertainty too

Joe's lost 3 starters on a team that was already injury ravaged to begin with. The end is near. All three were huge contributers on offense and one went both ways which helped them out so much.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, SJR 04 said:

Joe's lost 3 starters on a team that was already injury ravaged to begin with. The end is near. All three were huge contributers on offense and one went both ways which helped them out so much.

It’s a shame.   Losing the QB while playing a good game against Bosco.  Touch and go

I didn’t know how banged up they were

1 hour ago, Mickeybern said:

Was this season expected to be a down/rebuilding year? 

We all knew how young we are , how many sophomores are major contributors, the thing is   most of our LBs are non existent, and outside of jimmy muls who else is consistent on DLine, don’t get me started on our Special teams, we would have won 2 games more this year if we simply didn’t field a special teams , Brian Gibbs is a beast we just gotta get a couple more puzzle pieces for him

just suck we lose blessing, parkes mullens and McAllen this year 

23 hours ago, FreeBird said:

We all knew how young we are , how many sophomores are major contributors, the thing is   most of our LBs are non existent, and outside of jimmy muls who else is consistent on DLine, don’t get me started on our Special teams, we would have won 2 games more this year if we simply didn’t field a special teams , Brian Gibbs is a beast we just gotta get a couple more puzzle pieces for him

just suck we lose blessing, parkes mullens and McAllen this year 

Linebackers lost prior to season for Joes:

Starters:

AJ Francione*

Raquan Harvey *

Spencer Davella 

Anthony tronio

Back ups:

Kendra Peralta

Justin Jean

On 11/1/2022 at 9:43 AM, Mickeybern said:

Was this season expected to be a down/rebuilding year? 

Although it was a team of predominantly sophomores; no. They still had a realistic shot at winning it. They just suffered to many loses via transfer and injury leading into the season. Lost their whole LB corps with exception to one kid currently playing. Add losing QB, Starting tackle (C. BLESSING), RB (Forster), WR/ CB( J. Williams) in season and its to much to withstand.

As you can see they competed in every game 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, SJR 04 said:

Although it was a team of predominantly sophomores; no. They still had a realistic shot at winning it. They just suffered to many loses via transfer and injury leading into the season. Lost their whole LB corps with exception to one kid currently playing. Add losing QB, Starting tackle (C. BLESSING), RB (Forster), WR/ CB( J. Williams) in season and its to much to withstand.

As you can see they competed in every game 

okay that is kind of what I figured. The defense is just too thin to really give the team a realistic shot at beating the big boys but I would agree that you have been in every game. Shout out to the kids as well for not giving up and fighting all the way. Very easy to just cash it in. I do wonder if this sort of a lost season reverberates in the off season with continued transfers? Sometimes it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy in which frustration with mediocrity fuels more transfers. Hope that isn't the case, because I know what an emotional toll that takes on the staff and program.

On 11/3/2022 at 9:23 AM, Mickeybern said:

okay that is kind of what I figured. The defense is just too thin to really give the team a realistic shot at beating the big boys but I would agree that you have been in every game. Shout out to the kids as well for not giving up and fighting all the way. Very easy to just cash it in. I do wonder if this sort of a lost season reverberates in the off season with continued transfers? Sometimes it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy in which frustration with mediocrity fuels more transfers. Hope that isn't the case, because I know what an emotional toll that takes on the staff and program.

Not a problem. The 25 class is heavily recruited.  

7 minutes ago, SJR 04 said:

Not a problem. The 25 class is so heavily recruited and tight knit that it has the opposite effect. Kids are trying to join them knowing they're expecting to fk everyone up for the next two years. I have a feeling the first wave of additions will begin appearing as soon as next week. Currently already have two kids (1 from DBP, 1 from BC) already in the school but were ineligible because of how late they came.  Kids know there's opportunity to play on a defense featuring 5 power 5 recruits that will be there going fwd and an offense that pretty much return everything.  Joe's JV wasn't very good, and that's because all of the sophomores pretty much start or are in 2 deep on the varsity.  Essentially,  this season was house money.

Unless…..lil Johnny Syndrome kicks in.  Can’t get exposure when you are 3-4 down on the depth chart.  Sad but true!

• Like 1

Results for Nov 4th;

St Augs destroys St John Vianney   45-0, their reward is a matchup against 1 seeded Bosco next Friday

Peters puts half a hundred on the scoreboard in the first half and never looks back. Their 57-22 win matchup them up against either Delby or St Joes of Metuchen next Friday. 

Don Cath knocks off Hud Cath 27-20 and will play BC in the quarterfinals, next Saturday in Oradell, for the second year in a row

• Thanks 1