Do refs cheat

Ararar

A few years Hoover is playing at Vestavia.  Hoover kicks off ball goes into the endzone , ball placed at 20. 

1st down Vestavia runs for 5 yards ball now at 25

2nd down Vestavia runs for 2 yards ball at 27

3rd down Vestavia runs for 2 1/2 yards ball is clearly at the 29 1/2 yard line the refs signaled first down. Clearly ball needed to get to the 30.

Playing Central refs let Central return a kick off out of the end zone. Crooked refs probably not just bad crews. Now the game at Vestavia was just weak refs scared of Buddy Anderson Vestavia coach.

Do refs make mistakes? Yes. 
Do refs have bias? Yes. 
Do refs CHEAT? I’d argue 99% no. 

See it waaay too much at the youth level where parents and coaches yell CHEATING over missed calls and wrongly awarded calls. More times than not it’s a mistake, not some ref getting money under the table on some random 9U game

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Do refs have bias? Yes. 

See it waaay too much at the youth level where parents and coaches yell CHEATING over missed calls and wrongly awarded calls. More times than not it’s a mistake, not some ref getting money under the table on some random 9U game

The bias comes into the picture more in the regular season than playoffs. The AHSAA assigns refs in the playoffs from different areas.

We did have a deal with Spain Park getting the same crew in basketball a few years ago. But was not figured out till after the season.  The were weak and intimidated by Jay Barker former Alabama national title qb in 1992. Refs were getting autographs and pictures with him after games. At the time he had a morning radio show in Birmingham and would talk in depth about his daughters games including refs. Most think refs did not want to be blasted on his radio show so the let his daughters team run wild. Plus his daughters team led the state that year in free theow attempts. Pretty obvious the refs were scared of him.

The refs in the USC Arizona game just cheated in front of a national audience. Ref has the ball in his hand and has not set the ball after a first down and the clock runs to zero. (4 seconds left on the clock) plenty of time to spike and bring on the FG team. Refs called the end of the half. 99% of the time bitching about refs is sorry but god damn the clock was running when the ref had the ball in his hand??? Clock STOPS after a first down in college. Watch the first video. 

2 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

Do refs have bias? Yes. 

You left out the prime reason.  Spectators using Saturday or Sunday rules on Friday night.  So many don't know the high school rules.  I wind up correcting people all the time and they always say Oh! I didn't know that.