Allen,TX needs replacement games

Nolebull813

I usually disagree with LOS in pretty much everything he says but i am in his boat on this one. 

I havent watched a TX HS football game in about 3 years..Theres too many blowouts. Too many districts and leagues

I know TX is huge but DeSoto Allen and the rest of the powers in TX should be in one league

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

no one cares or is losing sleep if you watch or not. 

I didn't say that anybody was.

Just relaying to you how boring and tired the all whole Texas song and dance is.

4 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

no one cares or is losing sleep if you watch or not. 

I Wonder how many people from Texas here have watched any Florida games or followed them when they are not playing a Texas team.  I know last year I saw one game and that was Allen vs. Viera.  Didn't see another game from Fl or follow any of them.  It needs to get more interesting all the time>  :D

• Like 1

I know Allen has reached out to 3 GA schools within the past 6 years. only issue has been that all the schols they reached to have Strong fan bases as well... 

Colquitt County 2014&2015-Scheduling problems 

Sandy Creek- 2 year Homecoming deal.... and SC said no...

Buford  the issue with this one is Buford does not travel... 

7 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

I usually disagree with LOS in pretty much everything he says but i am in his boat on this one. 

I havent watched a TX HS football game in about 3 years..Theres too many blowouts. Too many districts and leagues

I know TX is huge but DeSoto Allen and the rest of the powers in TX should be in one league

Other states don't have blowouts? Too many districts and leagues? Maybe because it's a big state!

7 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

I Wonder how many people from Texas here have watched any Florida games or followed them when they are not playing a Texas team. 

I think the insular nature of Texas is one of the reasons they're not as good as Florida.

Especially at the college level.

They are so infatuated with themselves that the world is passing them by while they gaze at their stadiums, bands and uniforms

1 minute ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Los this is the equivalent of us telling you that your opinion means very little to us.... but You'll keep trying to shove it down our throat anyway Rosie O Donnell.

Hey dont use the term "shove it down our throat" and Rosie ODonnell in the same sentence! ?

Allen isn't set up to travel long distance. They have too big a roster, coaches, cheerleaders, band etc. would cost them a half a million. They don't seem like the team that would travel with 40 kids and 10 coaches and sleep 4 to a room in a motel. It works for teams like Cocoa, but Allen probably give 2 shits about what some out of state message board posters think. They only need to answer to their boosters, coaches, principal, AD, parents etc. 

3 minutes ago, Connman said:

Other states don't have blowouts? Too many districts and leagues? Maybe because it's a big state!

I think it's generally the percentage of boring and uninteresting games.

And the undeserved arrogance along with the unwillingness to play outside their comfort zone.

2 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Allen isn't set up to travel. They have too big a roster, coaches, cheerleaders, band etc. would cost them a half a million. 

Nobody takes their whole roster, band, etc.

That's a clown excuse.

6 minutes ago, Connman said:

I said it was a big state...i already acknowledge that..Theres blowouts yes in other states and its horrible. 

One of the reasons I like NJ... all the powers are in one league so every week your playing one of the best the state has to offer. Outside of Delby SHP

5 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

I agree with this point. Wow i agreed with LOS twice. 

You don't live here so what makes you think you have access to games that are quite competitive? I sat through one last week that I'm sure you didn't have access to:. Desoto and Abilene.  You guys overreach too much on here, TXHSFB doesn't have a contract with some tv network to broadcast ALL games.  Lol

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

You don't live here so what makes you think you have access to games that are quite competitive? I sat through one last week that I'm sure you didn't have access to:. Desoto and Abilene.  You guys overreach too much on here, TXHSFB doesn't have a contract with some tv network to broadcast ALL games.  Lol

That is also a very good point. But some of the games that they do televise from TX can be quite boring

Im not sure how good Abilene is. We dont discuss them really here on the boards so its probably not a matchup that i would watch if it was on TV

1 minute ago, Hawaii2Gorman said:

Bishop Gorman would love to play Allen. I think the game would be a sell out,  and on national TV. Let's make this happen. We had a great time this year playing Cedar Hill, and would love to go back to Texas, maybe even twice, like we we're supposed to this year.

ResizeImage.png

Was it a great time because you won? Would it be such a great time if Allen beat Gorman?

2 minutes ago, Hawaii2Gorman said:

Bishop Gorman would love to play Allen. I think the game would be a sell out,  and on national TV. Let's make this happen. We had a great time this year playing Cedar Hill, and would love to go back to Texas, maybe even twice, like we we're supposed to this year.

ResizeImage.png

I doubt BG and Allen happens as long as this coach is in charge