Allen,TX needs replacement games

Nolebull813

15 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

That is also a very good point. But some of the games that they do televise from TX can be quite boring

Im not sure how good Abilene is. We dont discuss them really here on the boards so its probably not a matchup that i would watch if it was on T

I stated months ago Abilene looked pretty good only for an OOS poster to chime n and say "no they weren't"  Lol

there has been a noticeable regional dominance so state championships don't necessarily pair the two best teams.  The better games are leading up to each region.  Some years this is true, this year should not be. More parity at the top of each region (except for region 3D2)

the best way to know which games to watch is ...ask those in the know, us Texans

Just now, Horsefly said:

Of course you wouldn't although it was discussed. (Most playoff games are discussed) The problem is most on here are know-it-alls and create their own narrative.

i stated months ago Abilene looked pretty good only for an OOS poster to chime n and say "no they weren't"  Lol

Well since you have seen them i will take your word for it. Im just saying from what i have seen in the past. Maybe it has changed but i have watched some very high scoring boring football. And yes you can say it happens in all states. Im just not a fan of games that a ton of points are scored. One of the reasons i became an SEC fan years ago was because the games used to be such low scoring defensive affairs. This year Bama-LSU 10-0 game IMHO was a great game. Both defenses slugged it out for 4 quarters

15 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

I agree with this point. Wow i agreed with LOS twice. 

If you find the games uninteresting that's your prerogative. I'm not knocking NJ but I don't find them interesting but I'm not from Jersey. Just like I'm sure people in Missouri would find their games interesting!

As an outsider I think of 5 very good teams playing in one league /district that take turns beating each other. You can certainly have your perception of Texas as well.

Just now, Connman said:

If you find the games uninteresting that's your prerogative. I'm not knocking NJ but I don't find them interesting but I'm not from Jersey. Just like I'm sure people in Missouri would find their games interesting!

As an outsider I think of 5 very good teams playing in one league /district that take turns beating each other. You can certainly have your perception of Texas as well.

Thats what im saying put all the teams that we talk about into one league...DeSoto CH Allen etc etc. let them feast on each other over the course of the season.

Like i said i havent watched TX HS football in a while. I think the last time i watched a game was when the Aledo RB went to Texas. 

2 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Thats what im saying put all the teams that we talk about into one league...DeSoto CH Allen etc etc. let them feast on each other over the course of the season.

Like i said i havent watched TX HS football in a while. I think the last time i watched a game was when the Aledo RB went to Texas. 

Oh my, that was a few years back.  

well, it's your choice, but the games are good if you know which ones to watch.  Just like anywhere and some are even defensive battles.

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

Oh my, that was a few years back.  

well, it's your choice, but the games are good if you know which ones to watch.  Just like anywhere and some are even defensive battles.

Well let ESPN televise more games and get rid of this crap that friday night games cant be televised. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Haha what you are describing will happen when all the good players transfer to the private schools and then you can follow the TAPPS teams! I think Tx will be the last state where the publics don't dominate!

Just now, Connman said:

This is what keeps Tx tops in attendance. Why should it change its what makes Tx special!

Every state has their attendance. Even if they televised more im sure the 20k people that go to games will keep on going. I know the people in TX are very passionate fans that will go no matter if they televise the games or not

5 minutes ago, Connman said:

Haha what you are describing will happen when all the good players transfer to the private schools and then you can follow the TAPPS teams! I think Tx will be the last state where the publics don't dominate!

That would be absolutely great. We can follow on league in texas. Just like the one league in Cali and NJ

5 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

If TX football is as big as advertised and im sure it is people will always go to the games

This might be true, but let me point out one thing.  The UIL is a part of the University of Texas not the states educational system.  They are driven by different priorities sometimes.  Just sayin

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, SOCIntellectualProperty said:

I'm one of the few that agrees with just about everything you post (save OJ)

but youre off base here

No I'm not.

Nobody takes all of their players, cheerleaders, band, etc.

To use that as an excuse not to go is, well, just an excuse

Just now, HSFBfan said:

or how about this.....no band at all.....i know i know thats sacreligious

What happens is that about 70-80 players, 15 coaches, 5 staff are covered by the promoter.

Then the cheerleaders and band are more than welcomed to join them, granted they raise the necessary money to make the trip.

It's not that difficult.

Just now, LOSer said:

What happens is that about 70-80 players, 15 coaches, 5 staff are covered by the promoter.

Then the cheerleaders and band are more than welcomed to join them, granted they raise the necessary money to make the trip.

It's not that difficult.

I understand that but im just saying you dont need the band