Rip stock market and economy,

FreeBird

1 hour ago, golfaddict1 said:

P.S. 

Correct :)   "Troll" is gunna teach me how to calculate total return vs personal return next  :)   What a dumbass.  

LOLOL...

Mario Butthurt GIF - Mario Butthurt Lol GIFs

...and I did not even have to get into how  being in a PANDEMIC for the last couple years ...(you remember, where smaller companies were prohibited from doing business, while those largest companies raked it all in) as further evidence your "index as representative of the economy/market" is a total farce....LOLOL...

PS: ...and there you are responding to my un-deleted typo calling everyone else stupid...

GIF

Hysterical Laughter GIF - Hysterical Laughter Laughing GIFs

BTW: lighten up Nancy...just because you were fooled by some newspaper article political propaganda... doesn't mean everyone else has to be...  

14 minutes ago, Troll said:

LOLOL...

Mario Butthurt GIF - Mario Butthurt Lol GIFs

...and I did not even have to get into how  being in a PANDEMIC for the last couple years ...(you remember, where smaller companies were prohibited from doing business, while those largest companies raked it all in) as further evidence your "index as representative of the economy/market" is a total farce....LOLOL...

Weren't you on DJIA being a farce initially?  Picking your nose to find gold?   Is Biden singled out here?   You're a dumbass.   You can click as many presidents as you wish on the chart.  Challenge yourself.  

BTW: lighten up Nancy...just because you were fooled by some newspaper article political propaganda... doesn't mean everyone else has to be...  

Fooled?  LOL.  Yep, the site used DJIA... Close call between that and the ETF LIT focusing on Lithium stocks.  

Your a dumbass, who brought nothing to this discussion and I've shared this chart and link many times and will continue to.   Indexes are fine for investing purposes.  Didn't want to scare anyone with Troll's dumbassery.  

BTW  Thanks for playing and losing, dumbass.   Next time, buy a clue. 

Your a dumbass who brought nothing to this discussion and I've shared this chart and link many times and will continue to.   Indexes are fine for investing purposes.  Didn't want to scare anyone, with Troll's dumbassery.

you brought the claim the DJIA was representative of the market and economy...(and even highlighting the last two years)

it's  (still, and especially the last 2 years) NOT .

... and you were called out on it.

and No Amount of projection or name calling is helping you here.

👍

BTW  Thanks for playing and losing, dumbass.  

LOLOL...You do realize here of course that you are arguing in your butthurt diatribe ,

how "popular" it is for investors right???

Must be all those investors think it won't outperform the rest. LOL

So who's the "dumbass" arguing if they "outperform the market/economy" ...that they are "representative of the market/economy" ...

PS: Think hard now....

Eddiemath Thinking Hard GIF - Eddiemath Thinking Hard Let See GIFs

BTW: 8eQU.gif

9 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

DJIA +/- thru first 22 months in office… 

08C792D0-1D26-4CBB-A212-887465FC6EEE.jpeg

As a refresher. 22 months was used for one reason… Biden has been in office for that long.  Novel idea, use the same months to compare numerous presidents perf using the DOW plus/minus index. 

Tell me @Troll, what measurement would you use for this exercise and why Mr Louis Rukeyser clone?  

The investors on the board are embarrassed by your stupidity.  The small group that it is lol, but nonetheless… you’re a dumbass and you’re too old to be using weird gifs and stuff.  

A solid bowel movement this weekend should be your top priority.  Go take some Metamucil, dumbass.  

• Haha 1

The 2021 Formula One Thread-heres-something-butthurt-medicine-gif

48 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

As a refresher. 22 months was used for one reason… reason being you (and yer reference) wanted to make it political LOL  Biden has been in office for that long.  Bingo...See what I mean ? Novel idea, use the same months to compare numerous presidents perf using the DOW plus/minus index.  novel or not, since the indexes are skewed from the economy, the comparison is a skewed one.

Tell me @Troll, what measurement would you use for this exercise What exercise? creating political propaganda... or you falling for it? LOL 

The investors on the board are embarrassed by your stupidity.  the only one embarrassed here is the one trying to use skewed data comparisons for political purpose, displaying his own lack of market prowess. hope this helps LOL  The small group that it is lol, but nonetheless… and yet, none the less, somehow you think your speaking for them wins you points LOLOL...I'm a dumbass and I'm too old to be understanding weird gifs and stuff.  fify LOL

A solid bowel movement this weekend is my top priority.  Ima take some Metamucil, me dumbass.  < a convincing argument you got there. LOL

PS:

Shelsea Butthurt GIF - Shelsea Butthurt Butt GIFs

BTW: you never answered that "think hard now" question...
...stumped are you?  🤣

35 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

This one gets seriously political.  What a liberal reference.  

https://www.macrotrends.net/2577/sp-500-pe-ratio-price-to-earnings-chart

GIF

Butthurt GIF - Butthurt GIFs

PS: still don't know the difference between  indexed, adjusted, and percentized returns verses the economy yet?...

BTW: How will you ever back up your failed claim then...

12 hours ago, Troll said:

GIF

Butthurt GIF - Butthurt GIFs

PS: still don't know the difference between  indexed, adjusted, and percentized returns verses the economy yet?...

BTW: How will you ever back up your failed claim then...

You have a mental defect about economic gauges and I can’t help you there.  Baby steps.  A solid bowel movement goal first ok?  

Those who invest in the DJIA (ETF: DIA) can contact you to help them understand their fake investment and you can lol at them for being duped.  

You’re a dumbass.  Unless someone buys and holds an investment forever, there will be an adjusted return vs a total return.  I hope you realize this.  Most investors don’t buy and hold forever dumbass.  All investment gauges vary and adjust, including one’s personal return.   

Personal annual returns to be accurate has to be manually done or entered into a financial source do calculate it.  Otherwise you’ll end up with an inaccurate pct as a total return, not your personal return.  People like @Cal 14can understand this.  You can’t.  
You’re a dumbass. 

4 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

You have a mental defect about economic gauges and I can’t help you there.  Baby steps.  A solid bowel movement goal first ok?  

Those who invest in the DJIA (ETF: DIA) can contact you to help them understand their fake investment and you can lol at them for being duped.  

You’re a dumbass.  Unless someone buys and holds an investment forever, there will be an adjusted return vs a total return.  I hope you realize this.  Most investors don’t buy and hold forever dumbass.  All investment gauges vary and adjust, including one’s personal return.   

Personal annual returns to be accurate has to be manually done or entered into a financial source do calculate it.  Otherwise you’ll end up with an inaccurate pct as a total return, not your personal return.  People like @Cal 14can understand this.  You can’t.  
You’re a dumbass. 

Feel free to continue going off 

tossing half baked spaghetti against the wall to see what sticks. LOL

That still won't back up your failed claim and misrepresentation of the economy.

It's nice to know yer judgement (and market acumen) gets all clouded when it comes to yer politics 👍

PS:  crying for help from yer mommy cal14 is a great look LOLOL....

BTW: hang in there...maybe WC will chime in again to confirm that he doesn't understand anything ...

...but is definitely on your side  🤣

5 minutes ago, Troll said:

Feel free to continue going off 

tossing half baked spaghetti against the wall to see what sticks. LOL

That still won't back up your failed claim and misrepresentation of the economy.

It's nice to know yer judgement (and market acumen) gets all clouded when it comes to yer politics 👍

PS:  crying for help from yer mommy cal14 is a great look LOLOL....

BTW: hang in there...maybe WC will chime in again to confirm that he doesn't understand anything ...

...but is definitely on your side  🤣

Just like your fake persona, just a troll with no substance.  A know it all, know nothing persona.   Got it.  

@Cal 14 is an intellectual on the forum as is @15yds4gibberish   I don’t need help from them, just allowing them to be amused by your stupidity.   

58 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Just like your fake persona, just a troll with no substance.  A know it all, know nothing persona.   Got it.  

@Cal 14 is an intellectual on the forum as is @15yds4gibberish   I don’t need help from them, just allowing them to be amused by your stupidity.   

SURE..... 🤣

just like the DJIA is the most accurate representative of the economy 🤣🤣

and the normal variances between it and the economy were not skewed at all by the pandemic 🤣🤣🤣

Dude , thanks for the laughs👍...yer a joke.

PS: can't wait to see who else agrees with you on the actual points that you failed at...

... It's no wonder you can't even address or support your own and need help.

BTW: Why you seemed so intent on diverting  with BS ??? LOLOL

weak sauce...

15 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

Has Troll gotten anything right, yet? Ever?

No?

The World Cup going on now reminds me of the time he claimed that a Danish player was Italian because he played for Inter Milan.

was never a claim you idiot,

it was an impression given by the news coverage,

which was readily corrected.

But so nice to see you join the butthurt party ...

🥳

PS: Good to know that's the best one you can think of...

...in the last decade.  LOL

👍

BTW: How come you can't readily correct yerself like that ??? 🤔

14 minutes ago, Troll said:

was never a claim you idiot,

No, that was definitely what you claimed.

In fact you embarrassed yourself even worse than that. You claimed that since the Italian National Team had gotten shots that a player from an Italian *club team* had as well.

👇

On 6/12/2021 at 11:30 PM, Troll said:

Did you see Eriksen go down on the field ???

had just gotten the Moderna apparently***...

Guess the young people with sudden heart problems

are not just in Israel

🤷‍♂️

***  Italy players receive first dose of COVID-19 vaccine ahead of European Championships

After being given the go-ahead by the Italian government, 28 players were given their first doses at two hospitals in Rome and Milan.

The Associated Press May 03, 2021 23:03:26 IST
Italy players receive first dose of COVID-19 vaccine ahead of European Championships

Milan: Most of the Italy team received its first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine on Monday in preparation for the European Championship, risking a public backlash.

After being given the go-ahead by the Italian government, 28 players were given their first doses at two hospitals in Rome and Milan.

“I thank all the staff for their hospitality and their welcome,” Lazio and Italy forward Ciro Immobile said as he left the Spallanzani hospital in Rome. “We are happy and proud to have done this, getting yourself vaccinated is important, and we hope this moment will come soon for everyone.”

Italian media reported the players were all given the Moderna vaccine.

Italy coach Roberto Mancini prepared an extended list so that ALL potential squad members will be fully vaccinated by the time the pandemic-delayed Euro 2020 kicks off on 11 June. Italy will play Turkey in Rome in the opening match.

Updated Date: May 03, 2021 23:03:26 IST

11 June.

🤷‍♂️

3 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

No, that was definitely what you claimed.

In fact you embarrassed yourself even worse than that. You claimed that since the Italian National Team had gotten shots that a player from an Italian *club team* had as well.

👇

Thanks for re-posting the NEWS ARTICLE ...that I re-posted

Now If you can't fathom how it could leave the wrong impression,

then you have a longer way to go before you can even admit yer own mistakes....

hope this helps  👍

PS: On second thought....🤔🤔

STILL the best you could do ....in a decade LOLOLOL

🎉

BTW: How come you can't readily correct yerself like that ??? 🤔

1 hour ago, Troll said:

SURE..... 🤣

just like the DJIA is the most accurate representative of the economy 🤣🤣

Never stated that dumbass. I said most popular gauge in the world used.  S&P 500 also used by this source   

and the normal variances between it and the economy were not skewed at all by the pandemic 🤣🤣🤣

Didn't argue it. You just made 22 months some statement… meanwhile I’ve shared various months through the years on this forum dunbass 

Dude , thanks for the laughs👍...yer a joke.

Nothing as usual 

PS: can't wait to see who else agrees with you on the actual points that you failed at...

... It's no wonder you can't even address or support your own and need help.

BTW: Why you seemed so intent on diverting  with BS ??? LOLOL

weak sauce...

You’re a dumbass 

Ok, I don't usually get involved in the non-football topics (and this will be my last for a while), but with regards to the stock market...

1.  The market is not the economy.  Stock prices going up does not mean companies are doing well, nor is the opposite is true.  My company's profit has had 20+% growth for the year, yet our stock price is down about $100/share.

2.  The last time I had steady growth was during the Obama years.  It's been pretty erratic since.  Part of it had to do with something called COVID-19.

3.  While the DJIA or S&P are selectively picked stocks, the entire market generally tracks with them, unless something is known to be very problematic with a particular company.  My personal portfolio is tied more closely to NASDAQ composite movement, even if all of the stocks or funds are not included in it.  It's a game of perception as much as anything else.

4.  People still day-trade and I get that.  But, people also go to Vegas in droves.  Someone above said it before, but the market is just legalized gambling.

5.  If people look at the market in terms of the long-term, then it's not always bad for there to be drops from time to time.  If the market only went up, then your purchasing power decreases with each passing year.  A drop here and there can position you for higher returns once the market returns to normal.

6.  People panic sometimes over the market, but always seem to forget that we've had drops or uncertainty before... a lot.  This recent drop is not the outlier.  The steady growth we've had for the previous decade is.  As I state in #5 above, some of the good times are actually a result of it.  But, if you treat the market like #4, then you're not reading the disclaimers close enough.

7.  All of these daily reports on the stock movements make me shake my head.  "Stocks drop over concerns of Chinese protests" and "The market drives upward in anticipation of a good jobs report".  Um, no.  Stocks went down because more people sold them than bought them.  Stocks went up because more people bought.  That's it.  One or two days after the 'Chinese protests', the market went up 2%.  What, did the investors get over their protest concerns?  Most people probably didn't even know that protests were happening.  "Momentum of 5 straight growth days are lost when concerns over political uncertainty"... no, people sold to take home the profits of those 5 days.  Then, after they cause a panic of a sell-off, they buy back to drive the prices up again.  Rinse and repeat.

8.  There are a lot of ways companies can manipulate stock prices, such as buybacks to reduce public inventory.  Some reports indicate that many CEOs pay is based on the stock returns, rather than actual profit.

9.  We live in a global economy and ours is better than just about every other industrialized country.

With regards to gas prices...

1.  One of the main reasons the costs were so low two years ago was that a lot of people weren't driving (again, COVID).  This drove down demand, while supply remained steady.  Basic economics suggests that prices will drop as a result.

2.  Trump literally got the Saudis to produce less oil as a result of #1.  (https://www.politico.com/news/2020/04/02/trump-calls-on-russia-and-saudi-arabia-to-cut-oil-production-161368).  Make sure part of the blame is positioned correctly.

3.  The Keystone XL pipeline was for Canadian tar oil, not our own, for exporting.  It would not have impacted our gas supply.

4.  Gas companies (and many others) have experienced massive profit windfalls during these price hikes.  When the MLB artificially kept salaries down for profits, they got sued for collusion.  If the entire gas industry does it, I guess we call it 'free market'.

5.  Russia's invasion of Ukraine has had two major energy effects:  a) the total supply of oil has decreased, which drives up costs; and b) accelerated the move towards renewable energy sources, which should eventually drive down costs (including those for healthcare).

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1