SFA 16 vs IMG 27 (F)

OldTerrapin

who ya got?

Honestly I think IMG is soft. Something SFA definitely is not.  This years IMG team doesn't seem to have that us against the world mentality and drive for a MNC going on. They seem to be like a bunch of prima donnas looking to just showcase their skill but not get hurt and jeopardize their rides. All about recruiting rankings and stars for them. Honestly I think IMG prefers the games against teams they can empty the bench and everyone can get some highlights to tweet out. 

On the other hand SFA is about the player rankings and stars as well but they have an edge to them and definitely not a soft one. They have a fallen player they rally around and a brotherhood thing going on fighting for the same goal. It's MNC or bust for them.

Not sure who has the coaching edge and the pressure to win this game is definitely more on the SFA players than IMG. If SFA gets out quick they may just roll IMG as IMG's players focus may go to next year and college ball and getting out of their injury free.  

So... after having said all that I got it SFA 30 IMG 14 with one of IMG's scores being on special teams or defensive

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

You could be right. SFA has both dominated good teams and had some close-ish scores as well. Venice got beat by CAI and MNW, who are good but nowhere near national top 25 teams this year. SFA and Venice was a decent game.

I think it’s a good game either way. I have no dog in the fight but look forward to the game. 

19 hours ago, 181pl said:

You could be right. SFA has both dominated good teams and had some close-ish scores as well. Venice got beat by CAI and MNW, who are good but nowhere near national top 25 teams this year. SFA and Venice was a decent game.

I think it’s a good game either way. I have no dog in the fight but look forward to the game. 

I would like to think IMG would get up for this one being SFA has been their daddy last couple times they played and rubbed their nose in it as well on social media. With all the SFA is FLA State Champs tee shirts and jackets and what not. lol.. We shall see.. personally I am rooting for IMG only because I wanna see GSB have to give his 5k and stupid cheesy looking trophy to MD. I am sure Rollo will treasure it always.😆

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, OldTerrapin said:

who ya got?

Honestly I think IMG is soft. Something SFA definitely is not.  This years IMG team doesn't seem to have that us against the world mentality and drive for a MNC going on. They seem to be like a bunch of prima donnas looking to just showcase their skill but not get hurt and jeopardize their rides. All about recruiting rankings and stars for them. Honestly I think IMG prefers the games against teams they can empty the bench and everyone can get some highlights to tweet out. 

On the other hand SFA is about the player rankings and stars as well but they have an edge to them and definitely not a soft one. They have a fallen player they rally around and a brotherhood thing going on fighting for the same goal. It's MNC or bust for them.

Not sure who has the coaching edge and the pressure to win this game is definitely more on the SFA players than IMG. If SFA gets out quick they may just roll IMG as IMG's players focus may go to next year and college ball and getting out of their injury free.  

So... after having said all that I got it SFA 30 IMG 14 with one of IMG's scores being on special teams or defensive

I couldn't be less interested in a game truthfully....

• Haha 2

maybe IMG should offer all the good players on the SFA roster free rides and room and board to IMG? Probably wouldn’t be too bad of a sell. Nice weather, much nicer accommodations, much nicer training facilities etc. Something to think about if you’re IMG.

It’s a dog eat dog world in the fake, recruited up, sold out, world of boarding school football. L O L. 

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, 181pl said:

maybe IMG should offer all the good players on the SFA roster free rides and room and board to IMG? Probably wouldn’t be too bad of a sell. Nice weather, much nicer accommodations, much nicer training facilities etc. Something to think about if you’re IMG.

It’s a dog eat dog world in the fake, recruited up, sold out, world of boarding school football. L O L. 

I think you actually have to do school work and go to classes at IMG though.. just saying of course

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, OldTerrapin said:

who ya got?

As for the game, it's going to be a chilly night in Maryland.  Wonder if any of the IMG players have ever played in a game this cold?  Probably will be more focused about being warm than playing the game.  Won't be surprised if SFA wins this game.  It'll be funny reading GSB try to continue justifying SFA being #1 if they, somehow, lose this game.

9 minutes ago, Norcalnut said:

It’s in his contract to stick his nose in every thread whether wanted or not. Page 4 section 1 line 4 of the I’m An Asshole Handbook.

7 minutes ago, Peanut Gallery said:

How would everyone know that he doesn't care about this game without making a post about it?  

About sums it up.

9 hours ago, 181pl said:

Both teams have been doing nothing for a while now.    I have this feeling IMG will get some redemption.  Where is the game at?  I'd probably pick the home team.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Peanut Gallery said:

As for the game, it's going to be a chilly night in Maryland.  Wonder if any of the IMG players have ever played in a game this cold?  Probably will be more focused about being warm than playing the game.  Won't be surprised if SFA wins this game.  It'll be funny reading GSB try to continue justifying SFA being #1 if they, somehow, lose this game.

Really? Chilly?

how many players have played in this weather? Most because they aren’t from Florida. They are stolen student athletes from other states. 

As far as the false trophy- you got my vote! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 954gator said:

Both teams have been doing nothing for a while now.    I have this feeling IMG will get some redemption.  Where is the game at?  I'd probably pick the home team.

It's being played at University of Maryland. Probably be a decent fan showout out being most of SFA players are from the DC beltway area's or the DMV. By decent I mean maybe a 1000 

7 hours ago, badrouter said:

Two teams with unimaginative game planning and mediocre QB play (of course saying SFA's QB is mediocre is impermissible speech). I couldn't care less who wins. But I suppose both of them ending with a loss would be nice.

SFA's strength is their defense and more so their Dline which is stout and fast. You can't run on them but you can pass if you can get the QB time to throw. A good passing offense like MD or SJB would light them up but IMG like you said is not a great passing team and I have not been impressed with their QB's at all and as you said their offense is unimaginative and bland. They totally rely on athletically dominating their opponents. They won't have that advantage vs SFA. 

On the other hand SFA Oline is their weakness and IMGs Dline should expose that. SFA's offense is also bland and their QB is average maybe a bit above average with the exception of being able to make some big plays in scramble mode. He is good on the run in scramble mode. So it will be important for the IMG rush to maintain leverage and rushing lanes.  Neither teams offense should be able to do much but expect some occasional big plays via the air and defensive or special teams scores. 

I would say SFA is a one td favorite but may win by two getting a late pick six or scoop and score when IMG is trying to make a play down the stretch.

As a wild card IMG definitely has the kicking game advantage so we will have to see if that comes into play.

• Like 1

• dntn31 changed the title to SFA 16 vs IMG 27 (F)