MNC Contenders

181pl

23 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

We know what happens to Lake Wales when they play in real classifications and face real competition.

And that is that Lake Wales loses, badly.

They are a good program, really good, as far as rural schools go. It's just not possible for rural schools to compete in this landscape. So, they deserve respect...on a Florida board. They shouldn't be mentioned here.

7 minutes ago, SportsMarketing said:

Well Volusia County has a population of 564k

Polk County has a population of 753k 

If Mainland should be in metro so should Lakeland and Lake Wales

Lake Wales is in a rural area. Lakeland and Mainland are in multi-high school cities and have long histories of playing "metro" schools in playoff games, so they make more sense in metro than LW.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, badrouter said:

Lake Wales is in a rural area. Lakeland and Mainland are in multi-high school cities and have long histories of playing "metro" schools in playoff games, so they make more sense in metro than LW.

Maybe but the metro/Suburban thing was primarily voted on and applied on a county basis 

May be a few exceptions but I'm not sure if Lake Wales is far enough from the "population base" of the county to get that kind of exemption and a school their size will certainly not get it 

Otherwise why isn't Glades Central in suburban?

52 minutes ago, SportsMarketing said:

Maybe but the metro/Suburban thing was primarily voted on and applied on a county basis 

May be a few exceptions but I'm not sure if Lake Wales is far enough from the "population base" of the county to get that kind of exemption and a school their size will certainly not get it 

Otherwise why isn't Glades Central in suburban?

I think it might have been better (if they were going to use this bad system) if they had based classification on the city the school is in instead of county. It's the places where schools load up on players from other schools in their city where the all-star team problem is happening. Schools like Lake Wales and Columbia are only able to get a player here or there due to being more remote. But, this is a discussion for a Florida board, and there is no Florida board. So, there's that.

15 hours ago, SportsMarketing said:

Ah defection the skill of a coward who doesn't know a damn thing

You blocked me like a bitch because you knew you couldn't disprove anything I said about Polk County transfers running rampant

You run your mouth and lie while hoping people are stupid enough to believe the crap you say but you will always be a discredited liar who can't even be interesting in the process

At least Los is entertaining when he lies, you can't even do that. Your boring and repeat the same lie in every thread hoping if you say it enough times someone will actually believe you 

You would be better off mimicking the redloner because while he's completely braindead at least his stupidity makes people laugh 

Ah, good old Columbiafan, back from his self-imposed exile to gsb-land.

And liking himself more than ever.

• Haha 2