MNC Contenders

181pl

10 hours ago, badrouter said:

Chaminade-BG will be one of, if not the, best Geico games ever.

I respect the hell out CM. I went to the CCC- CM game at CCC in 2019 and even then they were loaded with ahtletes (but the game was pretty close). I saw them beat Berkeley last year and they had evolved to another level.

Just not sold on them as Florida's best. I have a lot more trust in Central or STA. Maybe Lakeland.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 181pl said:

I respect the hell out CM. I went to the CCC- CM game at CCC in 2019 and even then they were loaded with ahtletes (but the game was pretty close). I saw them beat Berkeley last year and they had evolved to another level.

Just not sold on them as Florida's best. I have a lot more trust in Central or STA. Maybe Lakeland.

I think you’re too fixated on prior seasons. I think they have a new OC this year, and I KNOW they have a dramatically improved offense. It just might be the best offense in the country. They took Miami Central’s best WR from the 2021 team. They don’t have the track record (history) of STA or Central. But, I think I’d take them over either. (That said, I don’t think either should concede anything to Chaminade. There’s no proof any of those three are better than any other.)

This is a different Lakeland team. It’s the most intimidating defense they’ve ever had. But, on offense, they don’t have a running threat at QB, but still have Castle playing power football. They are better throwing the ball, with a WR core as good as or better than all but a handful of teams in the country. But, Castle still doesn’t really let them play with any rhythm, and still seems to enforce the one-read approach to passing. And, I’ve had a hard time rooting for them these last  three weeks. They’ve racked up close to twenty-five (25) personal foul and unsportsmanlike conduct penalties in those three crucial playoff games alone. And, the last two games, a key defensive starter- the best DB and DL- were  SUSPENDED, by the coaches, for some sort of disciplinary reason. I’ve never heard of such a thing happening for key playoff games. They’re a really undisciplined group. 

• Like 1