MNC Contenders

181pl

16 minutes ago, Duckburghsfinest1987 said:

Since Bosco only beat MD by just barely 2 points only, does that mean the chances of Bosco winning the MNC are low?

Assuming they win in 2 weeks. There's a very high likelihood they will take both computer-based rankings. Considering they were already #2 in MaxPreps, it's also looking like they would be considered the odds on favorite to take that poll. Probably too early to say for the other polls.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Duckburghsfinest1987 said:

Since Bosco only beat MD by just barely 2 points only, does that mean the chances of Bosco winning the MNC are low?

Yes, because Mater Dei only beat the Bishop by 3 and they already lost to them.

In all seriousness, there is no one left to give it to.

SFA failed.

IMG failed.

Mater Dei just lost.

Maybe Miami Central ? They beat IMG but really can’t afford to put together another week like they did vs. Northwestern to win it.

Who knows, maybe Texas wins it 😝

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, SeaShells21 said:

Yes, because Mater Dei only beat the Bishop by 3 and they already lost to them.

In all seriousness, there is no one left to give it to.

SFA failed.

IMG failed.

Mater Dei just lost.

Maybe Miami Central ? They beat IMG but really can’t afford to put together another week like they did vs. Northwestern to win it.

Who knows, maybe Texas wins it 😝

So it's looking more complicated this time

Just now, Duckburghsfinest1987 said:

So it's looking more complicated this time

I would say yes. There are a lot of factors to sort through.

I remember them still giving it to Mater Dei after The Bosco beat them early in 2018, so they still have a good shot.

Like dntn31 said, they just need to make sure they win it all. They do that,  and there shouldn’t be much stopping them from earning it.

3 hours ago, dntn31 said:

Assuming they win in 2 weeks. There's a very high likelihood they will take both computer-based rankings. Considering they were already #2 in MaxPreps, it's also looking like they would be considered the odds on favorite to take that poll. Probably too early to say for the other polls.

No. Way.

Knock me over with a feather!

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, 181pl said:

I think  a few teams definitely could have competed with both of those squads last night. BG, MC, STA. Still both MD and SJB are great teams. 

Totally Agree!!… I think anyone in the top 10 could beat both MD and SJB this year….

The Question is, who would you favor in each game…. The Answer is SJB, so that is why they should be MNC…

8 hours ago, THEOC89 said:

Totally Agree!!… I think anyone in the top 10 could beat both MD and SJB this year….

The Question is, who would you favor in each game…. The Answer is SJB, so that is why they should be MNC…

I bet we could go back and find a post of you favoring SJB vs STA a few years back as well.   Just saying.   Opinion isn't always reality.   Who knows?  It would help if Cali could play in the post season bowls.

23 minutes ago, 954gator said:

I bet we could go back and find a post of you favoring SJB vs STA a few years back as well.   Just saying.   Opinion isn't always reality.   Who knows?  It would help if Cali could play in the post season bowls.

HA!!… I don’t think I was posting yet when SJB lost to STA…. But fair enough, I probably would have picked them…. 🤣

For the Record, I would give the MNC this year to MC assuming they win out and are undefeated…. They Scheduled and Beat IMG…. That is better than anything SJB did this year, they should be rewarded since the whole thing is Mythical anyway…. 🍻

42 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

HA!!… I don’t think I was posting yet when SJB lost to STA…. But fair enough, I probably would have picked them…. 🤣

For the Record, I would give the MNC this year to MC assuming they win out and are undefeated…. They Scheduled and Beat IMG…. That is better than anything SJB did this year, they should be rewarded since the whole thing is Mythical anyway…. 

Yeah never know MC gonna have to play AHP so who knows.   Gotta wait until the year is over anyways.   I sometimes think its better to have multiple winners so they can constantly just be argued about lmao.  

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, dntn31 said:

Let's just hope they don't get a WA team in the Geico

It was entertaining though.  

fyi… Good riddance to the pickem this past week.  If I wasn’t so buzzed with my wife’s cousin on Thurs and Fri, I likely would have fared worse.   I snuck in later game pics Friday before passing out and Saturday didn’t fare much better.  Should have kept drinking 😂.   Check Ned’s Alabama week.  That’s not something you see often and that’s no point spread to those viewing this.