Jump to content

MNC Contenders


181pl
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, OldTerrapin said:

 

With the daunting task of trying to book a flight in that short of a turn around time and with the mess the airlines are right now with the cancelling and delayed flights. not to mention $12,500 travel stipend ain't covering it all.  that said I doubt it will be a team from east coast. Most likely at team that can bus there.. UT or AZ would be my guess

If Geico is footing the bill, why wouldn't they invite a team from the east? It wasn't a problem before, so why would it be a problem now? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, OldTerrapin said:

 

With the daunting task of trying to book a flight in that short of a turn around time and with the mess the airlines are right now with the cancelling and delayed flights. not to mention $12,500 travel stipend ain't covering it all.  that said I doubt it will be a team from east coast. Most likely at team that can bus there.. UT or AZ would be my guess

There's usually two games

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

If Geico is footing the bill, why wouldn't they invite a team from the east? It wasn't a problem before, so why would it be a problem now? 

Prices are high right now and air travel is a mess. GEICO doesn't pay for everything the stipend is $12,500 that only goes so far  Who knows if Chaminade or anyone else on the East wants to make the trip or if they have the money to do it.. Not saying they won't or can't just don't think they will. Chaminade been there done that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

There's usually two games

Was just going off what GSB posted and he only mentioned the date and time of 1 game but again who knows how much he is in the know with ESPN/Paragon these days with the BS fiasco and all. 

 

Kind of looks like it will just be one game.  Basically a BG invitational which is another reason I think it will be a closer team that can bring more fans so BG can make some money. 

 

https://www.geicobowlseries.com/

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, OldTerrapin said:

Was just going off what GSB posted and he only mentioned the date and time of 1 game but again who knows how much he is in the know with ESPN/Paragon these days with the BS fiasco and all. 

 

Kind of looks like it will just be one game.  Basically a BG invitational which is another reason I think it will be a closer team that can bring more fans so BG can make some money. 

 

https://www.geicobowlseries.com/

 

 

“Give me Liberty or give me…” 

Utah :) 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, OldTerrapin said:

Prices are high right now and air travel is a mess. GEICO doesn't pay for everything the stipend is $12,500 that only goes so far  Who knows if Chaminade or anyone else on the East wants to make the trip or if they have the money to do it.. Not saying they won't or can't just don't think they will. Chaminade been there done that.

I've never heard of any of the teams involved in these games having to pay for anything. And yes, chaminade has been there and done that, but so has Aquinas and Chandler. I don't think it'll be an issue for Chaminade to fly out  again. It's not like they have a huge roster to begin with. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

I've never heard of any of the teams involved in these games having to pay for anything. And yes, chaminade has been there and done that, but so has Aquinas and Chandler. I don't think it'll be an issue for Chaminade to fly out  again. It's not like they have a huge roster to begin with. 

HEY.. Just going by what was posted. Not sure what is meant on this but I take it as the travel stipend is $12,500.. Maybe ESPN doesn't want to lose a bunch of money this year whu the fuck knows..

You tell me what to make of this?

On one line he says all expense paid then he says $12,500 travel stipend? I figured the first line was his typical sales BS..the $12,500 stipend seems normal to me

 

108514474_Screenshot2022-11-29160018.thumb.png.261cda435c712d3393092d97947124f6.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, OldTerrapin said:

HEY.. Just going by what was posted. Not sure what is meant on this but I take it as the travel stipend is $12,500.. Maybe ESPN doesn't want to lose a bunch of money this year whu the fuck knows..

You tell me what to make of this?

On one line he says all expense paid then he says $12,500 travel stipend? I figured the first line was his typical sales BS..the $12,500 stipend seems normal to me

 

108514474_Screenshot2022-11-29160018.thumb.png.261cda435c712d3393092d97947124f6.png

Travel stipend is for the personal travel expenses. Flight and lodging is taken care of by Geico. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Travel stipend is for the personal travel expenses. Flight and lodging is taken care of by Geico. 

ok well that makes more sense anyway. Still that is a lot of dough to put up but if it's GEICO putting it up it then I am sure as a title sponsor its a great end of the year advertising write off.. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

In regards to geico, who do y'all wanna see? I'm pretty sure Skyridge (UT), BG, the Washington state champ, Kahuku, Chaminade, and Langston Hughes/7A winner are the names being thrown around. What are the "sexy" match-ups? Lol. 

MD-SJB 3 

The Return of the Stache 

Rated R for Revenge… muh ha ha ha ha 

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, OldTerrapin said:

 

With the daunting task of trying to book a flight in that short of a turn around time and with the mess the airlines are right now with the cancelling and delayed flights. not to mention $12,500 travel stipend ain't covering it all.  that said I doubt it will be a team from east coast. Most likely at team that can bus there.. UT or AZ would be my guess

Doubt BG goes out of their way to play UT or AZ

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, dntn31 said:

Gorman already beat UT and AZ by an average of 40 points. I don't think Skyridge or Liberty (or whoever the AZ champ is) would fare any better.

Chaminade will be a fun matchup.  I don't think most know how stacked they are.   NO one in the nation has the skill players those guys have.   This is one weird year where I think I have more faith in CM than I do even STA or MC.    Those WRs eat.   They don't have many weaknesses other than not going 100% when they're up.   Will be interesting.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Chaminade will be a fun matchup.  I don't think most know how stacked they are.   NO one in the nation has the skill players those guys have.   This is one weird year where I think I have more faith in CM than I do even STA or MC.    Those WRs eat.   They don't have many weaknesses other than not going 100% when they're up.   Will be interesting.

Gorman/Chaminade would be the best matchup. Let's hope it happens.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...