MNC Contenders

181pl

3 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

We understand very well that *you* would rather have a system that allows your school to cosplay as national champions every time they managed to get through it with only one loss.

I'd take pretty much any major state playoff over FL. It doesn't even have to be CA. CA's system is not perfect, far from it. Texas, Georgia, pick pretty much any state... they are all better systems than what FL currently has. it has nothing to do with what team I support. If you want to keep and argue for your system where all of the state's top teams avoid each other, you're welcome to it.

14 minutes ago, dntn31 said:

Texas, Georgia, pick pretty much any state... they are all better systems than what FL currently has.

Before this nonsense S/M stuff that they passed this year, they were pretty much the exact same.

Texas splits their classes into separate divisions! Anybody who says that is better is just trolling.

9 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

I was against it from the jump.

But you wouldn't know that since you don't actually read anything or pay attention.

You can always tell how twisted your panties get by how many posts you make in a row. 😆

What's the over/under for that when Central and/or C-M get a piece of that MNC pie and STA gets left out in the cold again?

The things you are against is literally too long to list. But hey, by all means, keep lashing out at other states instead of engaging in meaningful discourse of proposals that would actually help your team or providing your own ideas.

3 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

How would you make Florida system better?

Keep the current seeding model but go back to the 6 or 7 classes based on enrollment.

If you base the quality of a system on it's fairness, access and common sense then what we used to have (using the current seeding structure) would be the best. Certainly no state could claim to have one better than it.

6 minutes ago, dntn31 said:

But hey, by all means, keep lashing out at other states instead of engaging in meaningful discourse of proposals that would actually help your team or providing your own ideas.

There is nothing that would help us and even if there was, nothing that I say here would make any difference.

I think I've been pretty clear on this (granted, we know that you don't read anything here).

There's no path path forward for STA to win anything. The human polls have been captured by the California hype machine and the computers are designed by people who don't know football and/or people who smell their own farts and can't admit fault.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

go back to the 6 or 7 classes based on enrollment.

Is there no better way to split teams? You could make an argument that enrollment matters for public schools, but how does that make any sense for private schools? Surely, a better system exists. Even with the old system, most years the best teams in FL never see each other in the playoffs.

Just now, Atticus Finch said:

There is nothing that would help us and even if there was, nothing that I say here would make any difference.

I think I've been pretty clear on this

Yes, this is where these "discussions" always seems to end up - your steadfast adherence to conspiracy and fatalism.

You understand, better than most, that the computers value SOS. My original "pipe dream" suggestion to improve the FL system would undeniably result in an improved SOS for whatever team emerges from that hypothetical system. Why lash out so strongly against a suggestion that would have actual meaningful impact? Easier to just play the victim?

1 minute ago, dntn31 said:

Yes, this is where these "discussions" always seems to end up - your steadfast adherence to conspiracy and fatalism.

The fatalism is just a fact.

There's been no charges of conspiracy. There doesn't need to be a meeting in order for groupthink to emerge.

What's been fascinating is the complete lack of salient counter-arguments made by you or anybody else from California. It think it's pretty clear that you and they believe it too but are benefiting from it so you just go with it.

Just now, Atticus Finch said:

What's been fascinating is the complete lack of salient counter-arguments made by you or anybody else from California. It think it's pretty clear that you and they believe it too but are benefiting from it so you just go with it.

Counter-argument to what exactly?