Bishop Gorman (LV) 70 - Bishop Manogue (Reno) 6

Gator 82

• Gator 82 changed the title to Bishop Gorman (LV) 70 - Bishop Manogue (Reno) 6

Not that this is the end-all, or 100% accurate, but according to at least one service, Nevada as a state currently has 22 prospects with stars in the 2023 class. Bishop Gorman has 12 of them (USC, Georgia, LSU, Stanford, Utah, etc.), including the top 4, and Bishop Manogue has 1 (committed to Nevada). Not many other states have over 50% of their D1 guys coming from one school.

Things are improving a bit for Nevada, as 10 years ago BG used to have 80% of the top prospects in the state. Dallas Jackson would argue that BG kids worked harder than everyone else, and attributed much of their success to the stength coach. Others suggested their height coach should get some love too.

On 11/20/2022 at 8:23 AM, Bodysurf said:

Nevada football is a joke outside of Gorman. But IMO Gorman beats anybody not named MD or Bosco by at least 2 TDS. Gorman is that good this year. I hope Gorman plays in the Geico against a top 5 team.

Meh I don't think you give enough credit to teams in other states.   What would make you think a team like Gorman destroys a team like STA, Central, AHP, Chaminade etc by multiple scores?  

3 hours ago, 954gator said:

Meh I don't think you give enough credit to teams in other states.   What would make you think a team like Gorman destroys a team like STA, Central, AHP, Chaminade etc by multiple scores?  

All those teams you named are elite. I give credit to Florida this year. I just think Gorman is better IMO. That is not a knock on these other teams.

• Like 1