USC

RedZone

4 minutes ago, RedZone said:

West Coast football fans are about as weak as their football.

Unbelievable!

Eddie O lost to Troy at home in year 2. He wanted NO smoke with the best in the country in year 1. Remember when your daddy joey burrow lost to Alabama 30-0 at home? That same team gave up 74 points to jimbo fishers offense. Hahahaha

7 hours ago, Norcalnut said:

That’s a Redzone kinda stupid comment. Your talking like they had really high expectations this season and didn’t live up to them. Show me any pundits that predicted this good of a season. You can’t, because it never happened. In a couple of years if this is the same outcome then it’s warranted but for the time being your just talking shit just because you can not because your smart.

He had no titles at Oklahoma. All the talent in the world. You’re living in a fantasy world if you think this guy’s teams are ever going to play defense. They routinely give up 40 points in every big game. Sorry just giving you a dose of reality.

Needs a great DC. Hopefully the Bucs axe Todd Bowles. Great DC, bad HC. USC should hire him and give his kid, a stud LB, a scholly. 

Did you see their defensive stats against Tight Ends? Horrific. I’m sorry they lost, but what would Georgia have done against them? It would’ve gotten very ugly because UGA utilizes Bowers as good or better than anybody uses Tight Ends. 

BTW, I don’t want you California guys to be confused. I root for USC. I have since I was a little kid. Why? I don’t really know, but probably because John McKay came to coach the brand new Bucs.  My first exposure to football. My Dad told me about the great USC teams that McKay coached. USC was then being coach by John Robinson who would put together some great squads. This was the dawn of the Charlie White / Marcus Allen- Heisman Trophy era. 

12 hours ago, 181pl said:

He had no titles at Oklahoma. All the talent in the world. You’re living in a fantasy world if you think this guy’s teams are ever going to play defense. They routinely give up 40 points in every big game. Sorry just giving you a dose of reality.

I beg to differ on all the talent in the world.  He took over for Stoops whose defenses were similar.  

There's a reason Lincoln talked about having at best the 3rd best roster in the playoffs every time he made it.  

Recruiting numbers don't lie. How great were Saban's defenses at Michigan State?

12 hours ago, 181pl said:

Needs a great DC. Hopefully the Bucs axe Todd Bowles. Great DC, bad HC. USC should hire him and give his kid, a stud LB, a scholly. 

He needs a good DC, but what he really needs is the Jimmies and Joes.  A bunch of 3 stars upfront isn't gonna get you anywhere

19 minutes ago, 181pl said:

Is Todd Bowles a great defensive coach or did he just get fortunate to be the DC of a loaded Bucs defense?

Todd Bowles reminds me of Marvin Lewis, just so happened to be the DC for the 2000 Ravens

1 minute ago, steeler01 said:

I beg to differ on all the talent in the world.  He took over for Stoops whose defenses were similar.  

There's a reason Lincoln talked about having at best the 3rd best roster in the playoffs every time he made it.  

Recruiting numbers don't lie. How great were Saban's defenses at Michigan State?

He needs a good DC, but what he really needs is the Jimmy's and Joe's.  A bunch of 3 stars upfront isn't gonna get you anywhere

I agree he needs better defensive talent. USC has had great defenses before. Home of Ronnie Lott, Junior Seau and dozens of other all pro defenders. The talent is in his backyard, he just needs to go get it. And he needs a good DC.

2 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Is Todd Bowles a great defensive coach or did he just get fortunate to be the DC of a loaded Bucs defense?

Todd Bowles reminds me of Marvin Lewis, just so happened to be the DC for the 2000 Ravens

Bucs defense was fairly pedestrian when he arrived. He’s solid. 

Just now, 181pl said:

I agree he needs better defensive talent. USC has had great defenses before. Home of Ronnie Lott, Junior Seau and dozens of other all pro defenders. The talent is in his backyard, he just needs to go get it. And he needs a good DC.

Lock the Southern part of Cali down first.  Get the better kids from Arizona,  Hawaii, Nevada with a kid or two from outside the region.  That's their path to success

• Like 1

To me the better measuring stick is the defensive backfield. The Bucs were absolutely terrible. Although we had an infusion of talent through some good drafting, Bowles coached that defense up to be one of the best in the NFL from front to back. He gets the most out of his defensive talent. However, he reminds me of another great defensive minded coach we had, Tony Dungy. Just could never get the Buccaneers offense going.

IMHO, Bowles is an excellent DC but not really meant to be a head coach. But he can scheme on defense and takes advantage of his defensive talent. 

1 hour ago, steeler01 said:

Lock the Southern part of Cali down first.  Get the better kids from Arizona,  Hawaii, Nevada with a kid or two from outside the region.  That's their path to success

Their path to success is getting a new head coach.....

One that can possibly beat Utah.

What's Utah path to success. Where do they need to get kids from? 😃

Say what you will about this and that.

But the Utah players last night were just flat meaner and tougher than usc...... I haven't checked it out but I imagine Utah doesn't have very many 4* and 5* players.

Who do you blame for that?..... rockstar riley had an entire season to make usc mean again.

32 minutes ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

Charles White fumbled the fvcking ball!  Michigan won go@#$$%&& it!  But I'm not bitter...

Charles White did take over next year when needed to beat Ohio State... That was good...

😉

Fact!  Good memory buddy.  I kinda dug the USC revolving talent at RB back in the day, starting with Orenthal.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RedZone said:

Their path to success is getting a new head coach.....

One that can possibly beat Utah.

What's Utah path to success. Where do they need to get kids from? 😃

They get kids from Texas and Cali, but they recruit very well nationally. They get some transfers that don't pan out at other schools(Jaquinden) and local kids from Utah

Their offensive starters

4 from Cali

2 from Texas

1 from Washington

1 from Nevada

3 from Utah

Their defensive starters

1 Idaho

1 Hawaii

3 utah

1 new Mexico

1 Alabama