OT: World Cup thread

ATLien12x

15 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

You can't blame Lewandowski, the midfield has to create some chances for him to score.  When you see Lewandowski defending somethings amiss. You won't see Mbappe, Brazilian Strikers, etc playing defense in their own box

Smart minds think alike.  :) 

12 min in, I shared same mention with my Swiss friend.  

91A3B126-63C4-4016-B9C3-44187898475A.jpeg

Pele 😞 🙏 😭 this one hurts… hanging tough of course though. Latest I’m reading,  👍🏻  Stable now.  

Friend sent me a text with article that was dire.  Fucking media!  Has to be first and share the worst.  Oops!  He’s stable.  Just fucking wait and report when the time is right.  Nope.  $$$$.   @BigDrop

• Like 1

@HawgGoneItor other admins, your call… I say she was onsides!  :) 

OK sports fans, here’s a story (of a lovely lady) for you.  

Now that’s what I call a “Friendly” match @BigDrop 😂 

Valderrama’s polite applause was also priceless.  Probably par for the course for him, with the stuff Escobar did for Colombian soccer back then.  

The kissing bandit lost first place on this day as well in fan participation.  :) 

Pardon the unrelated Hungary soccer mention above… it was attached for the ride.  

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

They're missing Pogba and Kante due to injuries.  With them, they're the best team in the world again imo. Without them it's going to be 

They're playing really smart.   Not too aggressive on press just waiting for that crazy counter attack.   Easily the most dangerous counter attack I've seen.    France on the counter attack is like the 2011 Miami heat in transition after a turnover lmao.  

6 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

@HawgGoneItor other admins, your call… I say she was onsides!  :) 

OK sports fans, here’s a story (of a lovely lady) for you.  

Now that’s what I call a “Friendly” match @BigDrop 😂 

Valderrama’s polite applause was also priceless.  Probably par for the course for him, with the stuff Escobar did for Colombian soccer back then.  

The kissing bandit lost first place on this day as well in fan participation.  :) 

Pardon the unrelated Hungary soccer mention above… it was attached for the ride.  

Nice hooters…weird ass!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Hate shootouts to decide the winner and especially in a World Cup knockout stage.  :(  

Entertaining?  Yes.  But it’s ridiculous imho.  

About to start on Fox.  

Edit:  Wow, Croatia goalie 2-2.  Japan is in big trouble.  Now 3-4.  Superb.  Over.   Luka Modric plays on.  

Enough of trying to fake the goalie in PK’s..stuttercsteps etc. just blast the damn ball mid height…..

oh speaking of keepers. Pick the ball up! Stop trying to act like you have soccer skills…that why you are a keeper!🤬

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

Enough of trying to fake the goalie in PK’s..stuttercsteps etc. just blast the damn ball mid height…..

oh speaking of keepers. Pick the ball up! Stop trying to act like you have soccer skills…that why you are a keeper!🤬

Agreed.   Blast mid height and even guessing right, your chances are pretty good.  There’s only so high an angled arm or leg can go.   I always dig the rips in the corners, mid-high.  That’s basically not stoppable.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Agreed.   Blast mid height and even guessing right, your chances are pretty good.  There’s only so high an angled arm or leg can go.   I always dig the rips in the corners, mid-high.  That’s basically not stoppable.  

Yup..the power and speed are enough even if blocked….if blocked during a regular pk then rebounded goals are very possible 

• Like 1