OT: World Cup thread

ATLien12x

1-1!  Croatia equalizer.  116th min. 
Cross pass and shot deflected.  Goalie no chance.   Neymar’s goal was up close and lifted.  Also no chance for goalie.  

I'm guessing 2 min et.  Maybe 4-5 min max. Will be PK’s if this holds.  

I wanted goals :) 

2 min et 

Brazil free kick late.  Save off sequence.   

PK shootout :(    

Rant:  2 goals late.  Tired?  Please.  Finish the game right!  

Here we go… Fox channel fyi 

CRO:  rip up top middle.  Goalie went right 

BRA:  Save.  Goalie guessed left.  

CRO:  goal middle shot again. Low-mid.  Goalie went right. 

BRA:  nice shot left in corner.  Goalie guessed correctly but couldn’t get there 

CRO: Modric scores corner left.  Goalie goes other way  3-1 Croatia 

BRA:  slow run up and goes left as goalie moves too quick.   3-2

CRO: sub’d in for this and rips it in left corner.  Goalie guessed right but couldn’t get there  4-2 

BRA: misses, hits left post.  Goalie goes other way.  

1-1 (4-2 pk). Croatia wins wow 

8 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Here we go… Fox channel fyi 

CRO:  rip up top middle.  Goalie went right 

BRA:  Save.  Goalie guessed left.  

CRO:  goal middle shot again. Low-mid.  Goalie went right. 

BRA:  nice shot left in corner.  Goalie guessed correctly but couldn’t get there 

CRO: Modric scores corner left.  Goalie goes other way  3-1 Croatia 

BRA:  slow run up and goes left as goalie moves too quick.   3-2

CRO: sub’d in for this and rips it in left corner.  Goalie guessed right but couldn’t get there  4-2 

BRA: misses, hits left post.  Goalie goes other way.  

1-1 (4-2 pk). Croatia wins wow 

Whoa...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Just watched the Brazil Croatia game on DVR.   Fifa is so corrupt it's not even funny.   Sick to my stomache the way they called fouls this match.  Absolute joke.   

This is why I'm not such a fan of being a spectator of the sport .  Brazil dominated Croatia, but just couldn't find the net . Croatia gets a lucky deflection and game decided on penalty kicks . Brazil lost their last qualifying game to the African team similarly.  They dominate the game and the African team gets one goal down the stretch and they win .  It seems like chance and luck have just as much importance as to determining the outcome  of match as is the abilities of either team .

5 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

This is why I'm not such a fan of being a spectator of the sport .  Brazil dominated Croatia, but just couldn't find the net . Croatia gets a lucky deflection and game decided on penalty kicks . Brazil lost their last qualifying game to the African team similarly.  They dominate the game and the African team gets one goal down the stretch and they win .  It seems like chance and luck have just as much importance as to determining the outcome  of match as is the abilities of either team .

There was a very clear hand ball in the box which ok whatever but damn they were letting Croatia rag doll the Brazilian forwards all night and then was giving out yellows to Brazil.    

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

One goal differential will always be scary, similar to hockey shots on goal.  Deflection, misdirection, strange bounce, screened, penalty call…

I can still hear Bill Chadwick (Rangers announcer) yelling, “shoot the puck Barry” (Beck) from when I was watching Rangers games a kid.  :) 

• Like 1

NED:  save, perfect guess 

ARG:  Messi, scores smooth 

NED:  save, another perfect guess

ARG:  rip in left corner righty   2-0 

NED:  lefty rips it right   2-1 ARG 

ARG:  goal, goalie wrong way  3-1 

NED:  clutch. Swinger left   3-2 

ARG:  For the win?  No!  Missed left

NED:  Tie or lose   Stutter step works   3-3 

ARG:  for the W?  Yes 

ARG advances 2-2 (4-3) 

2 hours ago, CaliNorth said:

But didn't they say Croatia repeatedly overcame deficits in the 2018 World Cup in getting to the finals? And they did it again today. Either they are really, really lucky, or teams need to know Croatia (and others) are going to go hard until someone is declared the winner. 

Ali's rope-a-dope was somewhat similar.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

Cmon…who wouldn’t want Brasil vs France?

It was clear that  Netherlands and Brazil were in uphill battles today.   Brazil not awarded the handball and Argentina getting a weak penalty.    Same BS every world cup.   They have VAR but only use it when they want to.