15,955 in Rose Bowl see SJB 24 MD 22 ending 29 game winning streak

BigDrop

3 minutes ago, BigDrop said:

Mean spirited.  He was great for SoCal football.  I write this living in the DC area.

You’ll see a lot of little men unaffiliated with either school celebrating tonight across social media. They had to watch Rollo average 10+ wins over the last 34 years. They have to let that pain out somehow! 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

10/11 starters on defense and 9/11 starters on offense that will return next year watching the bellflower school celebrate on the field. Been spoiled these last 3 years. 

You don’t have too look hard for the silver lining as far as MD is concerned.  
SJB on the other hand doesn’t have the same overall chemistry.  Watch for some key acquisitions next year.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Made it back to campus. Sun will rise tomorrow on the ‘23 campaign. God knew it was best to not let us win our 13th championship during the same year we celebrated our 3rd heisman trophy winner. Congrats to bellflower for now having more cif titles (4) than Mater Dei does heisman trophy winners (3). 

32164049-A7CC-49FE-9A7A-852435DC4DCB.jpeg

D68D9F13-6EDB-4EEC-AD75-F33CDC349DD2.png

You should ask around to see who threw the water bottle and whether it was filled with pride, poise or courage.

2 hours ago, Duckburghsfinest1987 said:

I don't think this loss is as painful as the 2019 loss for MD

I totally agree with this…. In 2019 MD was Clearly the Top Team in the country with a Future Heisman winner and would have gone down as the Best MD team of all time….

This year MD was Young…. There were lucky to get out of BG with a Win and the first SJB game could have gone either way….

All this game did was reinforce my feeling that This year both MD and SJB are not heads and shoulders better then the rest of the country and could be beat by any teams in the top 10-15 in the country….

It’s definitely a bummer that Rollo didn’t go out with a win, but it really doesn’t matter….. Rollo is on the Short list of the greatest to have ever done it…. Winning Natty’s in the 90’s and under the current system….

For Cali, the GOAT conversation includes Lad and Rollo and that’s it…