I'm Asking the Methodists To Sue the GHSA

Rufus69

I generally like using gofan. You dont have to download the app if you dont want. I get the tickets in my email. 

The weird catch for Colquitt is all the reserve seating. I guess people have to get the godan tickets then show that at the athletic dept. to get their reserve seating ticket so the janitor that doubles as usher isn't too confused to see what seat number and section you have on the go fan ticket. Apparently he can only see color and type. 

Just another ghsa moment. Forcing people to use to go fan and nfhs because they ghsa are partnered with both and get a payout from every game shown in all sports.

Hell I know they hate Lowndes cause they don't broadcast anything in any sport. Im fine with that though instead of kicking money to the ghsa. I wish we would do like some of the smaller schools like clinch.

They use local sponsors and broadcast all their sports for free. They even broadcast a baseball game at Lowndes last year due to their field being flooded.

31 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

Just another ghsa moment. Forcing people to use to go fan and nfhs because they ghsa are partnered with both and get a payout from every game shown in all sports.

Hell I know they hate Lowndes cause they don't broadcast anything in any sport. Im fine with that though instead of kicking money to the ghsa. I wish we would do like some of the smaller schools like clinch.

They use local sponsors and broadcast all their sports for free. They even broadcast a baseball game at Lowndes last year due to their field being flooded.

I wonder what percentage these state associations make off  NFHS and gofan.  Ticketmaster nearly screwed me over limited service at a concert 1 time could not get the website to load to show tickets after nearly 15 minutes it worked.

3 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I generally like using gofan. You dont have to download the app if you dont want. I get the tickets in my email. 

The weird catch for Colquitt is all the reserve seating. I guess people have to get the godan tickets then show that at the athletic dept. to get their reserve seating ticket so the janitor that doubles as usher isn't too confused to see what seat number and section you have on the go fan ticket. Apparently he can only see color and type. 

It's comical watching all the confused people scramble around asking all the same questions over and over about how to buy a ticket and getting mad. How these people manage to vote is beyond me.

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, Fred said:

Or put another way, less than 1 beer at a bar in cost.

This is far from the point.  The point is that, believe it or not, some people don’t have internet access.  Or it isn’t convenient for them to purchase tickets that way.

But yet, if you don’t bow to the bully tactics you don’t go to the game.

It’s an arrogant, fan-unfriendly policy.

I actually contacted my state athletic association and asked what about people who don’t have internet.  Surprise - crickets.

• Thanks 1

On 11/28/2022 at 2:51 PM, HooverOutlaw said:

I wonder what percentage these state associations make off  NFHS and gofan.  Ticketmaster nearly screwed me over limited service at a concert 1 time could not get the website to load to show tickets after nearly 15 minutes it worked.

I assume pretty good especially since the schools still have to pay them from ticket sales and they charge radio stations if they want to broadcast.

The gofan thing makes it more convenient for the travelling teams fans. Thats the only plus to it in my opinion. 

There are multiple negatives. Additional cost, no matter if its only a couple of bucks, it's still additional. It is apparently complicated for a lot of older people who have never used it and have been attending games forever with paper tickets. Its bad enough that our athletic dept posted in the paper and online that people can come to the athletic dept and they will basically complete the purchase for them. 

I know we are apparently a bunch of old yahoos that cant work a simple app or navigate a pretty simple website, but, many are finding it less convenient than more. And its a mandate. People around these parts dont like mandates. 

Some people dont trust the internet or these sites like gofan with their credit or debit info, and, like it or not, it is an opportunity for hackers or fraud if they end up on some fake gofan or whatever. 

• Like 3