Jackson state era over, Deion is on to greener pastures

FreeBird

1 minute ago, steeler01 said:

Tough place to win at.  This isn't 1994 anymore

At end of day, it’s about the money, for him and for the resources he now has to be able to get the top kids in country, if he was able to get 4 and 5 stars to come to Jackson state imagine what he can do at Colorado 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FreeBird said:

At end of day, it’s about the money, for him and for the resources he now has to be able to get the top kids in country, if he was able to get 4 and 5 stars to come to Jackson state imagine what he can do at Colorado 

Never looked at what he got at Jackson State other than that one 5 star from Collins Hill. 

I just can't see many athletes going there. 

My thinking would be where will Colorado be conference wise in two to three years.  Looks like UCLA will end up in the Big Ten, regardless of the political posturing, with USC.  If two more teams from the PAC 12 move on could that cause some serious issues for it's remaining members.  Back to the Big 12?

I believe the question is for him as far as jobs go, he got it done big time this year but is that going to happen again.  Can he be any higher than he is right now.  I don't think there was an elite job coming to him by doing great at Jackson State.  Has to do a really good job at an FBS.  Colorado may be the place to do it to step to the elite job pedastal.

2 hours ago, FreeBird said:

No doubt...he can get 2 and 3 stars to come to Colorado.

C-O-L-O-R-A-D-O ??????

Rufus>>

33 minutes ago, btango said:

My thinking would be where will Colorado be conference wise in two to three years.  Looks like UCLA will end up in the Big Ten, regardless of the political posturing, with USC.  If two more teams from the PAC 12 move on could that cause some serious issues for it's remaining members.  Back to the Big 12?

I believe the question is for him as far as jobs go, he got it done big time this year but is that going to happen again.  Can he be any higher than he is right now.  I don't think there was an elite job coming to him by doing great at Jackson State.  Has to do a really good job at an FBS.  Colorado may be the place to do it to step to the elite job pedastal.

Who knows , if there is one guy that can make Colorado Great Again that’s Mr Primetime himself 

15 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

This has disaster written all over it.

He won by recruiting blue-chip players and just bullying opponents in a weak, resource-poor conference.

He will now have to out-coach, out-scheme and out-organize programs with better players than his and more resources.

It’s possible tho I wouldn’t count dion out

Prime could recruit kids to go pretty much anywhere. Colorado had the Bill McCartney era when the Buffs were getting top 5 talent year after year. McCartney was well-known for convincing recruits and their parents that their sons would be competing for championships and receiving vital life skills at the same time. He was extremely successful in the homes of phenomenal athletes from California, Texas (primarily Houston), Detroit, and the few Colorado kids able to play at that level, where many of the kids needed some solid mentoring. Sanders, I'm sure, would do exactly the same if he were to come to CU.

I do agree that his coaching ability is not as undeniable as his charisma. He would need to surround himself with talented assistants.

If he were to come, though, I wouldn't imagine he'd stay long. Boulder is a far cry from where I envision him wanting to be. It's a very wealthy, sports-neutral city. Win, and the fanbase will definitely support the team, but the vibe of Boulder is a bit snobbish, and I don't think Sanders would care for it.

That being said, I wouldn't mind if he decided to give it a shot and created some college football excitement around here. It would be even better if he came and won and stayed awhile.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, maxchoboian said:

Prime could recruit kids to go pretty much anywhere. Colorado had the Bill McCartney era when the Buffs were getting top 5 talent year after year. McCartney was well-known for convincing recruits and their parents that their sons would be competing for championships and receiving vital life skills at the same time. He was extremely successful in the homes of phenomenal athletes from California, Texas (primarily Houston), Detroit, and the few Colorado kids able to play at that level, where many of the kids needed some solid mentoring. Sanders, I'm sure, would do exactly the same if he were to come to CU.

I do agree that his coaching ability is not as undeniable as his charisma. He would need to surround himself with talented assistants.

If he were to come, though, I wouldn't imagine he'd stay long. Boulder is a far cry from where I envision him wanting to be. It's a very wealthy, sports-neutral city. Win, and the fanbase will definitely support the team, but the vibe of Boulder is a bit snobbish, and I don't think Sanders would care for it.

That being said, I wouldn't mind if he decided to give it a shot and created some college football excitement around here. It would be even better if he came and won and stayed awhile.

Not the guy I wanted...

but eh...Maybe he can eek out a few wins with his recruiting prowess.  

2 hours ago, Frosty4024 said:

Not the guy I wanted...

but eh...Maybe he can eek out a few wins with his recruiting prowess.  

Right around the time he was at Florida State, CU was well known, and successful on a national level. National championship, Heisman winner, Butkus winners, Thorpe winners, etc. I'm sure he remembers what Colorado was able to do.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

Right around the time he was at Florida State, CU was well known, and successful on a national level. National championship, Heisman winner, Butkus winners, Thorpe winners, etc. I'm sure he remembers what Colorado was able to do.

Now this is weird. The news showed the location of his flight to Colorado tonight for a press conference tomorrow. This is some JV shit! Jesus!

image.png.2cb6e72cee7f0281d8c8f4a055bfd79c.png

• Haha 2

With the transfer portal and NIL, Coach Prime can quickly upgrade the roster at Colorado.  Is there a limit on many players a school can take via the transfer portal?  I saw a tweet, yesterday, from a former 5-star RB asking Deion if he had room out there.  It'll come down to what assistants Deion can get to Boulder with him, but he'll definitely be able to get in the ear of a lot of recruits.