Jackson state era over, Deion is on to greener pastures

FreeBird

The only issue I can see is will his lifestyle clash with the city of Boulder/Denver’s? He is a firm believer in Christ, and doesn’t apologize to anybody about that. That every decision he makes is Christ-first. In a place like Boulder, will it become an issue with a large amount of the population very liberal and not so welcoming to faith based individuals? I don’t want to inject politics, I’m just suggesting their could be some lifestyle clashes with the locals. Not saying there will be, but don’t be surprised if there is. 

It happened with Nick Bosa who is an open conservative going to super liberal San Francisco. Usually liberal places like SF and Boulder are not too tolerant of people who aren’t in lockstep with the majority of people who make up these cities. Deion’s demeanor and mentality might rub some people the wrong way. 

https://www.sfgate.com/49ers/article/Nick-Bosa-tweets-Trump-Kaepernick-Beyonce-racist-13796870.php

11 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

The only issue I can see is will his lifestyle clash with the city of Boulder/Denver’s? He is a firm believer in Christ, and doesn’t apologize to anybody about that. That every decision he makes is Christ-first. In a place like Boulder, will it become an issue with a large amount of the population very liberal and not so welcoming to faith based individuals? I don’t want to inject politics, I’m just suggesting their could be some lifestyle clashes with the locals. Not saying there will be, but don’t be surprised if there is. 

You say shit like, "will it (his God-fearingness) become an issue with a large amount of (Boulder) very liberal and not so welcoming to faith based individuals." Where do you get that the people of Boulder are not welcoming to faith based individuals? You make a lot of shit up.

Boulder is a wealthy, expensive, lily-white city. It has historically been very liberal, but as higher and higher salaries have come to the average Boulderite, and property values have skyrocketed, the populace has actually become a bit more conservative. In neither scenario have they been unwelcoming to people wanting to follow any certain religion -- they are probably more accepting to freedom of religion than most places in the US. 

I mentioned that I'm not sure Boulder will be a long-term fit for him, but his choice of religion and how he practices it will have no bearing on why I'm not sure it's a fit, or whether or not he stays. To have suggested (guessed, because it might sound good) the people in the city of Boulder (and you included Denver) are in any way unwelcoming to Christians is friggin' stupid. And this is another of your stupid takes.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

You say shit like, "will it (his God-fearingness) become an issue with a large amount of (Boulder) very liberal and not so welcoming to faith based individuals." Where do you get that the people of Boulder are not welcoming to faith based individuals? You make a lot of shit up.

Boulder is a wealthy, expensive, lily-white city. It has historically been very liberal, but as higher and higher salaries have come to the average Boulderite, and property values have skyrocketed, the populace has actually become a bit more conservative. In neither scenario have they been unwelcoming to people wanting to follow any certain religion -- they are probably more accepting to freedom of religion than most places in the US. 

I mentioned that I'm not sure Boulder will be a long-term fit for him, but his choice of religion and how he practices it will have no bearing on why I'm not sure it's a fit, or whether or not he stays. To have suggested (guessed, because it might sound good) the people in the city of Boulder (and you included Denver) are in any way unwelcoming to Christians is friggin' stupid. And this is another of your stupid takes.

Like!  X 2.1 playoff boost CP.  Exit, stage “right”.  

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

i merely suggested that his openness with his faith could rub some people the wrong way. Please tolerate my opinion

No, you didn't merely suggest his faith could rub some people the wrong way, you said a large amount of the population is not so welcoming to faith based individuals. When your opinion is simply a guess, and as outlandish as this one, don't be a weasel and beg for tolerance.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Wonder if anyone asked these residents how they feel? Lol. 

https://www.boulderatheists.org

There are various groups that can be found in most places.

Are the Boulder Atheists partners with your Polk County Humanists?

https://polkhumanists.org/

Jump on back over to that OT Forum you always tried pulling this shit on.

• Thanks 1

Colorado is the worst power 5 program in the country right now. He will get a few players every year. But 90% of the top players have never even heard of Boulder Colorado. Outside of a few years in the early 90's they are a garbage program.  They only have 5 AP top 5 finishes ever.  Shared a national title in 1990 with Georgia Tech.  Outside of 1984 BYU, the  1990 season produced the worst national titles in history. Bill McCartney ran a thug Bobby Bowden like program. McCartney wild daughter was screwing nearly the entire football team while McCartney himself was screwing around. Prime will regret this.

3 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

It happened with Nick Bosa who is an open conservative going to super liberal San Francisco. Usually liberal places like SF and Boulder are not too tolerant of people who aren’t in lockstep with the majority of people who make up these cities. Deion’s demeanor and mentality might rub some people the wrong way. 

https://www.sfgate.com/49ers/article/Nick-Bosa-tweets-Trump-Kaepernick-Beyonce-racist-13796870.php

Wait what? San Francisco, intolerant lol? By far away one of the most tolerant and inclusive cities in the United States. 

You gotta  to be joking with that potato take! I mean this board is littered with dumb stuff every day, but that is literally one of the dumbest posts ever on the history of this site. 😂

• Haha 4

I don't think it's intolerant to call out people who are "big fans" of wannabe authoritarian dictators.

But Nolebull813 isn't arguing in good faith since he loves trashing people for their political positions. You want people to tolerate your stupidity but the moment you see something you don't like it's your "right" to trash it.

On 12/5/2022 at 12:00 PM, FreeBird said:

Only downside is that weather,  there’s definitely gonna be elite players going on visit saying fuck that 

It's got to be the right coach (salesman).  Bill McCartney had about 30 Cali players on his 1990 national championship team.  How easy was it to get players from the LA area to come to Colorado?

1 minute ago, Peanut Gallery said:

It's got to be the right coach (salesman).  Bill McCartney had about 30 Cali players on his 1990 national championship team.  How easy was it to get players from the LA area to come to Colorado?

Football players are not the same breed as 1990 players 

On 12/5/2022 at 1:44 PM, Nolebull813 said:

Only way his Lifestyle would clash in Boulder or Denver is if he's out here on some Kanyedolf Westler shit.... 

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

I can't wait to see this mofo dressed in Swag and high stepping instead of sprinting.  Prime Time, Prime Time, Prime Time 😄

'

A friend of my kid's was a Ralphie Handler while a student at CU (Ralphie Handlers are students who run with Ralphie, accompany at events, and spend 30 hours/week training and caring for the animal). The kid was an All State DT at our local high school, winning the Denver Post Gold Helmet award as the best football player / student in the state, but ended up having knee surguries his senior year and decided to focus on academics instead of football (bright kid, Engineering major).

The Ralphie Handlers are given access to the varsity athlete weight room at Colorado, and when the football coaches saw this kid lifting they asked who the hell he was. He was convinced his senior year at CU to join the football team, where he was instantly the 2nd strongest player on the team, I think putting 225 up 33 times.

Great kid, great person. Worked his ass off and was scout team player of the week multiple times. Wish there was more to the story. He never got in a game, but he's still able to laugh about the whole experience, particularly muscling up with a 1,200 lb buffalo.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2