The final 4 I just talked to the playoff committee told them what to do.

HooverOutlaw

30 minutes ago, charlton24fan said:

Has at any point in this season, a team lost their previous game and NOT dropped a rank until now? Also, at any point in this season has a team lost their previous game and climbed UP in the ranking until now? 

The question needs to include "while having nothing but teams with more losses behind them" in it.

12 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

TCU should stay at #3 (don’t want an OSU/Michigan rematch in the semi’s. Save that for the Natty if it happens). 
Tennessee should be ahead of Bama (head-to-head win), but without Hooker OSU should get in over UT. 

I want the Vols in there. But you’re right, without Hooker, OSU gets the nod. Big Orange should get a J1 bowl game though…hopefully 👍

15 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

TCU should stay at #3 (don’t want an OSU/Michigan rematch in the semi’s. Save that for the Natty if it happens). 
Tennessee should be ahead of Bama (head-to-head win), but without Hooker OSU should get in over UT. 

UT has two decisive losses in the last month and lost the player that has carried them on his shoulders.

They aren't a remote possibility for the final four.

11 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

TCU is one of the weakest teams to make the final 4.

I don't disagree.

But the folks behind them all managed to screw the pooch in fatal fashion and come very close to additional pooch screwings to boot.

UT without Hooker and with two bad losses in the last 30 days scares precisely no one.

And this is one of Coach Satan's weakest teams. While lots of Bama fans love to point how close they were to being undefeated, the fact is they were also damn close to having 3 or 4 losses. Very TCUesque, except the Frogs managed to win.

40 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

That South Carolina loss ruined a good season for Tennessee.

Yep. I predicted (like many of us here in Knoxville) that we’d optimistically go 10-2 (more likely 9-3)with losses to Ga and Bama. After beating Bama and losing to GA, the city was still on fire. That loss to SC was devastating in more ways than one. Word has it that there was some locker room discord during the week and the offense and defense were divided. If that’s the case, Huepal needs to fix that shit real quick so next season isn’t ruined either. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, concha said:

I don't disagree.

But the folks behind them all managed to screw the pooch in fatal fashion and come very close to additional pooch screwings to boot.

UT without Hooker and with two bad losses in the last 30 days scares precisely no one.

And this is one of Coach Satan's weakest teams. While lots of Bama fans love to point how close they were to being undefeated, the fact is they were also damn close to having 3 or 4 losses. Very TCUesque, except the Frogs managed to win.

IMO the weakest Alabama team since Saban's first in 07.

Alabama was in 5 games that went down to the final minute and was 3-2 in those games.  Take away Bryce Young and Alabama is probably 8-4.  Alabama only played 1 legit top 10 team in Tennessee this season and the defense got eaten alive. 

Alabama problems in 2022 

1. Weak defense 

2. No legit NFL 1st round WR

3. Weakest group of running backs since Saban has been at Alabama.  No Najee Harris/Trent Richardson etc level running backs. I do think Trey Sanders from IMG could have been the next great back but never recovered from his car wreck.

4. School record for penalties 

5. Could not buy a turnover on defense.

6. Least physical of Saban teams.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Alabama was in 5 games that went down to the final minute and was 3-2 in those games.  Take away Bryce Young and Alabama is probably 8-4.  Alabama only played 1 legit top 10 team in Tennessee this season and the defense got eaten alive. 

Alabama problems in 2022 

1. Weak defense 

3. Weakest group of running backs since Saban has been at Alabama.  No Najee Harris/Trent Richardson etc level running backs. I do think Trey Sanders from IMG could have been the next great back but never recovered from his car wreck.

An honest list.

The lack of discipline was shocking for a Coach Satan team. They are 124th in the FBS for penalties. They shot themselves in their collective dick to the tune of 71 ypg on average.

32 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Alabama problems in 2022 

1. Weak defense 

Wait till you see next year's Alabama team.