Powerhouse Brother Martin

steeler01

1 minute ago, Nolebull813 said:

Wow. Last year the top 2 teams in the top bracket weren’t even top 100 nationally. One wasn’t even top 200. That’s what you get with Louisiana. 

John Curtis isn’t even top 175 nationally and Brother Martin isn’t even top 500!!! 

And this is the best bracket in the state. This is embarrassing 

Augustine and Brother Martin split games. The aggregate in those games was 40-38

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, steeler01 said:

John Curtis wins the Championship. 

Curtis 28 Augustine 21 on a late pick 6 to win the game for Curtis. 

Augustine could play with anyone in Louisiana to a one score game 

Curtis won a 4 quarter miracle against  Oak Grove, MS at the last second 28-23. 

Oak Grove finished 530th in the country. So the clear cut consensus number 1 team in Louisiana is virtually dead even with the 530th team in the country. 

sounds about right 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, steeler01 said:

It's funny to see WAP twist into a pretzel to try and make Louisiana football look good

Think about that for a second. The top bracket in Louisiana had a state finals game that consisted of the 150th team against the 500th team nationally. That’s embarrassing. 

If you made a top 8 comprised of the top Louisiana teams and top Utah teams, all 8 teams would be from Utah!!!

4 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Think about that for a second. The top bracket in Louisiana had a state finals game that consisted of the 150th team against the 500th team nationally. That’s embarrassing. 

If you made a top 8 comprised of the top Louisiana teams and top Utah teams, all 8 teams would be from Utah!!!

I believe a top 5 between the following states and Louisiana would all have Louisiana losing. 

Arizona

Ohio

Pennsylvania

Maryland

Utah

Illinois

Indiana

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

I believe a top 5 between the following states and Louisiana would all have Louisiana losing. 

Arizona

Ohio

Pennsylvania

Maryland

Utah

Illinois

Indiana

I would throw Tennessee, Alabama and South Carolina in there too. 

Also Louisiana’s number 1 team (John Curtis) needed a miracle to escape alive against Mississippi’s 10th best team by 5 points (Oak Grove)

So you can argue if it was Mississippi’s top team they would butt dent Curtis. 

21 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

I'm sure all the powers around the country are shaking in their boots scared of Many

He was hyping Homer up who got thrown around by Prescott Ark. 

Homer made the Louisiana finals while Prescott got bounced in the 3rd round out of 5 in Arkansas!!

that’s the garbage depth you are talking about 

• Like 1

On 9/21/2022 at 2:42 AM, RedZone said:

It's NOT always about the MEGA SCHOOLS....

The Homer Pelican won the 1A State Championship here last year........2-1 this year.

Walteze Champ looks like he's ready to bust some heads in the NFL.

RedZone's Top 5 States For Small  Class Football

1-Georgia

2-Florida

3-Louisiana

4-Texas

5-Ohio

Homer made state this year after getting their tails handed to them by Prescott Arkansas. This is team Red Flag hyped up because he liked the way one player looked. Lol

2 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

That’s the Fact Jack!  

75575544-5224-4D08-AC5B-3C5B140FD40B.png

BFB2161D-3D5A-4896-A0CB-78D14AD7874E.png

What percent of the 11 man high school football teams in Texas do the top 50 make?   

Well.. CP has the total at 1223 for Texas.. So the top 50 would be a little less than 5% So your comparing one states top 5% to other states top 50% or even 100%.. Maryland has 224 teams so their top 50 represents 23%.. Top 5% for Maryland would be top 11.. If I average the ratings for Marylands top 5% it's 46.6 and puts MD in 6th place on this chart instead of 28th

Maybe a better way to do this comparison is take each states top 5 or 10% instead of 50 and average those ratings..of course some states dont even have 50 teams so their bottom feeders are getting into comparison where Texas top 5% teams are in it.. Same for Cali and what have you

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, OldTerrapin said:

What percent of the 11 man high school football teams in Texas do the top 50 make?   

Well.. CP has the total at 1223 for Texas.. So the top 50 would be a little less than 5% So your comparing one states top 5% to other states top 50% or even 100%.. Maryland has 224 teams so their top 50 represents 23%.. 

Maybe a better way to do this comparison is take each states top 5 or 10% instead of 50 and average those ratings..of course some states dont even have 50 teams so their bottom feeders are getting into comparison where Texas top 5% teams are in it.. Same for Cali and what have you

I agree and it makes UT’s placement a true WTF… CP rates only 112 UT schools.  

BA7D0FEC-CD46-40D6-A23D-BD9EA2B61F68.jpeg

9 minutes ago, OldTerrapin said:

I think it would be more fair as a percentage.. Like comparing each states top 20% 

Hope we can get Ned Freeman for some form of Q and A during the off-season.   I’m hoping at some point one of the algorithm gurus will share a “peel the onion” look at state scaling and how it’s varied with updates thru the years, in regards to Ned’s case.  

But that has to be a final question, sort of like my golf experience with Cornelius Bennett and pulling out the Norwood miss question very late in the round.  #healthinsurancecheck :) 

4 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

He was hyping Homer up who got thrown around by Prescott Ark. 

Homer made the Louisiana finals while Prescott got bounced in the 3rd round out of 5 in Arkansas!!

that’s the garbage depth you are talking about 

Brother Martin was a finalist in Louisiana.  Nothing more ever needs to be said about their football