Is GA the ultimate participation award state?

noonereal

I think it depends on how one views the like button. 

In some ways, it can seem juvenile, but it also seems like an excellent way to help drive the content. If a person is bringing content that you like, then you reward that person by "liking" that particular content, you now contribute to possibly steering that person to bringing more of that type of content. It's such a small thing to do, yet it actually does hopefully help show users what type of content is appreciated over content that isn't as much appreciated. Of course that is subjective as each user may prefer different deliveries and types of content.

I think the limit is protecting it and keeping it to a reward more than something tossed out freely, so it does seem to be more of a reward rather than something that becomes expected etc. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I think the limit is protecting it and keeping it to a reward more than something tossed out freely, so it does seem to be more of a reward rather than something that becomes expected etc. 

having a governor on the like button is... well, taking oneself a bit to seriously, maybe? 

It's not a freakin' reward. It's an expression of agreeance. 

that and appreciation.... why on earth would one limit that? Like I said, no other software I have ever used has such limits. 

Why? an easy search will explain that it's all positive for driving traffic at a site. No downside. 

Sog had unlimited likes at the old site, what was the problem? 

We got this site going I just don't want a DJ type environment evolving.

If we don't agree with someone we make a rule so we don't have to hear their point of view.... 

Not sure what changed in the rules but my guess is that it was a set up for someone. (like Canes) 

Kinda feel like WTF

hope I am wrong...

peace brother man!