Valdosta Wildcats expected to travel to Ohio this season to take on the Massillon Tigers

Ga96

12 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Who the fuck is paying for all of this?

The promoter. Guess they figure they will make it up and then some with ticket sales and what not. I think GSB is involved somehow as well. Maybe it will be on FLO or something and they threw in some bucks. Actually the guys tweets about the event come off sounding exactly like Sleazy Joe

People try and do these events all the time. Most lose their ass. Remember the guys with the Patriot Games in Maryland and the I95 games. One year he had them at Towson U and another at Navy. Tony whatever his name was. Bankrupt he went and they weren't even paying teams to come. Stadium rentals killed him

No photo description available.

They will make a bunch on the Friday night Massillon vs Valdosta game as that will definitely sell out. The 3 Saturday games eh.. we shall see

Don't know how much Massillon is charging them to rent the stadium though. That could be a pretty penny

4 hours ago, alabamahsfan said:

Hey Sport....They are being paid $20,000 to travel and play in it.     

You should think more clearly.

If you think the Cats can carry their entourage to Ohio and back for $20,000.....you should think more clearly.

At the same time...if the Cats play a reputable team outa Florida or Carolina in Bazemore-Hyder...they rake in the pesos like it's Christmas.

I'm sorry....I forgot.  You're an Alabama fan.

Rufus>>

2 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

If you think the Cats can carry their entourage to Ohio and back for $20,000.....you should think more clearly.

At the same time...if the Cats play a reputable team outa Florida or Carolina in Bazemore-Hyder...they rake in the pesos like it's Christmas.

Rufus>>

Sure they can. Charter a bus.  Bishop Sycamore bussed down to IMG from Columbus.  SFA bussed down there many times, LCA and ECA also .. 

22 minutes ago, OldTerrapin said:

Sure they can. Charter a bus.  Bishop Sycamore bussed down to IMG from Columbus.

And they pocketed the travel stipend then stiffed the charter bus company to the tune of $13,000.

I noticed there's no Freedom Bowl in Canton this year.  How much money did that thing lose?

1 hour ago, Rufus69 said:

Rufus>>

Hopefully they’re better at football than finance. lol. 

2 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

Rufus>>

Problem is they never get a reputable OOS team come play. It’s always garbage teams over in the 2nd quarter. Maybe they should bring a top team in and see what kind of gate it gets. 

• Haha 1

On 1/20/2023 at 5:29 PM, Nolebull813 said:

Problem is they never get a reputable OOS team come play. It’s always garbage teams over in the 2nd quarter. Maybe they should bring a top team in and see what kind of gate it gets. 

The gate might be a tad larger due to the interest from surrounding community fans if they brought in a Dutch Fork or a Northwestern or some team with national exposure....but it could jeopardize their win record.  Male Kentucky is within striking distance right now.  They can fill Bazemore-Hyder to about 65% capacity with just about any Florida school.  And THAT...is some serious pesos.  So why they would vary from that...makes no sense.

Rufus>>

3 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

The gate might be a tad larger due to the interest from surrounding community fans if they brought in a Dutch Fork or a Northwestern or some team with national exposure....but it could jeopardize their win record.  Male Kentucky is within striking distance right now.  They can fill Bazemore-Hyder to about 65% capacity with just about any Florida school.  And THAT...is some serious pesos.  So why they would vary from that...makes no sense.

Rufus>>

Dutch Fork is coming to play Colquitt. They don’t have time to go to Valdosta unless it’s to go to Austin’s Cattle Company 

36 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Dutch Fork is coming to play Colquitt. They don’t have time to go to Valdosta unless it’s to go to Austin’s Cattle Company 

Tommy said...if the pesos were right...they'd play Valdosta on Friday night and stay over and play Colquitt on Saturday.  And for the record....I've been thrown out of Austin's Cattle Company.

But it wasn't my fault..............I was with a crew that included The Velvet Voice.

Rufus>>

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ga96 said:

Valdosta fans have been warned if they don't win they will not be permitted to enter the state of Georgia until next year.

That’s why these games are few and far between. South Georgia teams have all these high expectations which usually comes with high confidence they can get the job done, but then they are petrified to the soul to schedule an OOS team with a pulse. You see teams like Ashley Ridge and International School of Broward. Finally one team from South Georgia steps it up, and its calamity if they lose. They will be playing North Miami and Coral Glades for the next decade if they lose. I’m rooting for them 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

That’s why these games are few and far between. South Georgia teams have all these high expectations which usually comes with high confidence they can get the job done, but then they are petrified to the soul to schedule an OOS team with a pulse. You see teams like Ashley Ridge and International School of Broward. Finally one team from South Georgia steps it up, and its calamity if they lose. They will be playing North Miami and Coral Glades for the next decade if they lose. I’m rooting for them 

I think De La Salle vs Valdosta shoulda been made as well. Maybe ESPN woulda picked that game up. 

45 minutes ago, zulu1128 said:

Wait, do people in Valdosta actually think the Hampton Inn is a 3-4 star hotel? Hopefully that's just a misprint lol.

The Hampton Inn is downtown Massillon and very nice. If you want to experience old school Main St America and the history you stay there. More like a college town but for the high school team. Plenty decent restraunts/bars there but it shuts down early.  Cosmo's is popular.  The other hotels are over in Canton and in more seedy areas so if you want the late nightlife and titty bars you go that route. 

4 minutes ago, OldTerrapin said:

The Hampton Inn is downtown Massillon and very nice. If you want to experience old school Main St America and the history you stay there. More like a college town but for the high school team. Plenty decent restraunts/bars there but it shuts down early.  Cosmo's is popular.  The other hotels are over in Canton and in more seedy areas so if you want the late nightlife and titty bars you go that route. 

Yes, I've stayed there before. It's decent, but it's hardly a 3-4 star hotel, like a mainline Hilton or Marriott.

• Like 1

I think this is an amazing thread:  Valdosta vs Massillon is as high profile of a high school game as you could find in America.  Both legendary programs have an army of fans-there will be 17,000 or so in Massillon which I will suggest is the #1 hs football stadium in America.  (Yes, I saw Clarke Central play at Valdosta in the late ‘80’s and literally paid $50 for a scalped ticket.). 

Massillon, like Valdosta is a Great football town.  And, I know Valdosta well, too, having sold a number of rides to Wild Advrntures 15-20 years ago.

I would also like to believe that Valdosta would bring several thousand fans to Ohio for this game.

I should also note that many Ohio state football championships have been played in this stadium.  Valdosta vs. Massillon should have a similar atmosphere.

• Like 1