George Santos...professional fraud

DBP66

The New York Times

The Mysterious, Unregistered Fund That Raised Big Money for Santos

41118b50-910b-11ed-9fdb-80342707f7bf

Rep. George Santos, R-N.Y., waits for the start of a session in the House chamber as the House meets for the fourth day to elect a speaker and convene the 118th Congress in Washington, Friday, Jan. 6, 2023. (AP Photo/Alex Brandon) (ASSOCIATED PRESS)

Alexandra Berzon and Grace Ashford
Thu, January 12, 2023 at 8:10 AM EST

A month before George Santos was elected to Congress, one of his large donors received a call asking him to consider making another sizable contribution.

The request came from a Republican loyalist calling on behalf of RedStone Strategies, which was described in an email to the donor as an “independent expenditure” group that was supporting Santos’ bid to flip a Democratic House seat in New York. The group had already raised $800,000 and was seeking to raise another $700,000, according to the email, which was reviewed by The New York Times.

The donor came through: Days later, on Oct. 21, he sent $25,000 to a Wells Fargo Bank account belonging to RedStone Strategies.

Three months later, Santos is now in Congress, but where the donor’s money went is unclear. The Federal Election Commission said it had no evidence that RedStone Strategies was registered as a political group, and there do not appear to be any records documenting its donors, contributions or spending.

Santos and his lawyer refused to answer questions about RedStone’s fundraising efforts and whether Santos was involved in them. But he did have ties to a Redstone Strategies LLC, registered to an address in Merritt Island, Florida, in November 2021, as Santos was preparing his second run for Congress. The firm listed the Devolder Organization, a company owned by Santos, as one of its managing officers.

A company website describes that Redstone as being run by “experters in marketing and others in politics” whose services in ad creation, communications and fundraising have value “no matter if you are in a local race or if you are going to be the next president of the United States.”

Yet the firm’s body of work — at least for candidates and committees that are required to file campaign expense reports — appears limited. A Times search of campaign finance records uncovered payments from a failed House candidate on Long Island, New York, and two groups tied to New York legislative candidates.

It also shows a payment from a PAC called Rise NY, run by Santos’ sister, Tiffany. State records show the group sent a wire transfer for $6,000 in April 2022 to Red Stone Strategies. It listed a Wells Fargo Bank branch on Merritt Island as its address.

The murkiness around the fundraising operations on behalf of Santos makes it difficult to know whether any laws were broken. But a close examination of available records suggest RedStone may have skirted the law.

The email to the donor described it as an “independent expenditure committee under federal campaign finance law” with the “singular purpose” of electing Santos.

Such groups, also known as super PACs, can support candidates by raising vast sums of money far beyond strict campaign donor limits. Even so, there are rules: They must register with the Federal Election Commission and disclose their donors. And they must not coordinate directly with campaigns.

Yet the FEC has no record of RedStone Strategies. The Daily Beast has reported that Redstone Strategies LLC of Florida had a connection to Santos, but the existence of a group operating under the name RedStone raising large sums of money for his election has not previously been revealed.

“I don’t see a record by a committee of that name registered with the FEC, and our regulations would be if a political group raises more than $1,000 for the purpose of influencing a federal election, they would be required to register with the F.E.C. within 10 days,” said Christian Hilland, an F.E.C. spokesperson.

The person who solicited the donor said he was asked by Santos in the weeks leading up to the campaign to approach donors, some of whom had already given the maximum allowed to Santos’ election campaign, and to help coordinate their donations to RedStone, according to a person familiar with the arrangement who wished to remain anonymous.

A lawyer for Santos declined to respond to the Times’ questions about RedStone, saying that “it would be inappropriate to respond to anything related to this apparent investigation of my client’s campaign finances.”

Santos’ finances have come under scrutiny after the Times reported last month that his successful run for Congress in New York was built on lies, including fabrications of real estate fortune, academic distinction and a glittering career on Wall Street.

Much about his web of personal and political entities — and whether or how they are in fact interrelated — is still unknown and has attracted interest from local state and federal investigators. His sudden claim to wealth has also raised questions.

According to financial disclosures that he filed as a candidate, Santos claimed that he went from earning $55,000 to running a company worth more than $1 million in just a few years. That ostensibly enabled him to lend his campaign more than $700,000 — slightly less than the amount that RedStone Strategies claimed to have raised.

Santos’ campaign spending has also come under question, with scores of expenses for $199.99 — one cent below the threshold for requiring receipts. The suspicious spending pattern served as a partial basis of a complaint that the Campaign Legal Center filed Monday with the Federal Election Commission, accusing Santos of not only using campaign funds for personal use and misrepresenting spending but also of scheming to obscure the true source of his campaign funding.

The fundraising efforts by RedStone Strategies seem equally opaque.

The person who solicited the $25,000 donation to RedStone has been active in the Queens Republican Party and described himself as Santos’ friend.

The donor, who did not wish to be identified, confirmed that he was told by the Queens Republican operative that the $25,000 that he gave to RedStone in October would be used as part of a large ad buy for Santos.

But the donor said he did not hear anything back on how the funds were spent. A review of spending by the company AdImpact does not show the group making any ad buys on Santos’ behalf, nor did it show any spending for Santos from other independent groups in the months leading up to Election Day.

If a group raised money under false political pretense, that activity could lead federal election officials to regard it as what is commonly known as a “scam PAC” — a group that raises money without spending it on the stated political purpose, a practice that is increasingly a concern of the F.E.C., Hilland said.

Redstone Strategies LLC of Florida listed one other manager in its incorporation records: Jayson Benoit, a business partner of Santos and former colleague at Harbor City Capital, which shut down after the SEC filed a lawsuit accusing it of operating as a Ponzi scheme. (Neither Santos nor Benoit, who did not respond to requests for comment, were named in that suit.)

Santos ultimately acknowledged having misled voters about his educational and work history, saying that his sins were embellishing his resume and nothing more. He was sworn in last weekend, even as colleagues in Congress have called for ethics inquiries into his behavior, and Republican leaders in New York, including four first-term congressmen, have called for his resignation. Prosecutors at the local, state and federal level have indicated they are looking at Santos.

Another potential area of concern about RedStone Strategies was the way it was described in its donor solicitation email as a 501c4 — a type of tax-exempt group organized for the promotion of social welfare. These entities pay no federal taxes and may engage in politics so long as their major purpose is not electing candidates to office.

“They can spend up to 49.9% of their budget on candidate election work,” explained Paul S. Ryan, an expert in federal election law, who added that political spending was allowed as long as it was not the group’s primary purpose.

But while the donor email describes the group as a 501c4, it also pledges to dedicate “all its resources” to electing Santos — language that Ryan suggested was troubling.

“You can get away with it if you are not foolish enough to put in writing that you’re all about candidate elections,” Ryan said.

RedStone Strategies was not the only group whose activity raised warning flags among campaign finance experts.

Rise NY is a state PAC created in December 2020 by Santos’ campaign treasurer, Nancy Marks, and Tiffany Santos. A Twitter profile of the group describes its purpose as “new voter registration & education as well as raising election awareness & voter enthusiasm.” The PAC raised vast sums from donors who had otherwise maxed out donating to Santos’ campaign, as reported by Newsday. One donor contributed $150,000, according to New York State Board of Election records, well beyond the limits of $2,900 per election placed on federal campaign contributions for direct campaign activity.

Social media posts show that Rise NY organized demonstrations and voter registration events on Long Island. In a Twitter post from August 2021, Rise NY claimed it had “pulled in 7800+ new Republican voters on LONG ISLAND, NY alone.”

A close examination of the group’s spending, however, reveals that many of Rise NY’s actions would be considered unusual, if not a violation. PACs like Rise NY are allowed under New York state law to give directly to candidates or authorized committees, but may not spend in other ways to help a campaign.

Yet Rise NY issued payments for wages and professional services to Santos campaign workers, including Santos’ press secretary. It also directed $10,000 in payments to a company run by Marks, the campaign treasurer. And Tiffany Santos earned $20,000 for her work as the PAC’s president. She did not respond to a request for comment.

Its expenditures took place at many of the spots that George Santos’ campaign filings show he liked to frequent, including Il Bacco, a restaurant in Queens where his campaign spent roughly $14,000, and an Exxon Mobil gas station that is a two-minute drive from his former apartment in Whitestone, Queens.

One donor said that he gave to the PAC after being contacted by Samuel Miele, who said in an email that he was the vice president of Rise NY. Miele was also working directly for Santos, but was later fired after he was caught impersonating a staffer for Rep. Kevin McCarthy, at the time the Republican minority leader, in a fundraising appeal, several people close to the campaign said.

A company that Miele manages, the One 57 Group, was paid $43,000 by the Santos campaign and nearly $10,000 from Rise NY PAC. Miele did not respond to requests for comment.

Two former consultants to the Santos campaign who requested anonymity in order to speak freely about their former client said that they were concerned about the close arrangement between the campaign and Rise NY, and told Santos that he should shut it down. A third former consultant turned down what it described as a lucrative offer from Santos to fundraise for the PAC, citing legal concerns.

© 2023 The New York Times Company

• Like 1

https://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/documents/campaign-press-release-copy-that-joe-bidens-long-record-plagiarism

Copy That – Joe Biden's Long Record Of Plagiarism?

Key Takeaways

• Joe Biden has plagiarized from speeches, essays, and policy positions throughout his entire life
  • As a student at Syracuse Law School in 1965, Biden plagiarized 5-pages from a law review journal "without quotation or attribution"
  • During his failed 1988 presidential campaign, Biden plagiarized from speeches by British politician Neil Kinnock, Robert Kennedy, and President John F. Kennedy
  • Now, Joe Biden and his 2020 Presidential campaign are at it again – lifting ideas, slogans, and writings to pass off as their own
    • Last year, Biden's campaign used "word-for-word" language from other groups as part of his climate and education policy papers
    • The newly released recommendations from the "Biden-Sanders Unity Task Force" takes whole sections straight from Bernie Sanders' campaign platform
    • Biden's "Build Back Better" slogan is a phrase coined by Bill Clinton in 2006

BIDEN PLAGIARIZED IN LAW SCHOOL

In September 1987, Joe Biden Acknowledged He Plagiarized A Law Review Article During His First Year In Law School

In September 1987, Then-Senator Joe Biden (D-DE) Acknowledged "A Mistake" When He Plagiarized A Law Review Article In His First Year At Law School. "Senator Joseph R. Biden Jr., fighting to salvage his Presidential campaign, today acknowledged 'a mistake' in his youth, when he plagiarized a law review article for a paper he wrote in his first year at law school. Mr. Biden insisted, however, that he had done nothing 'malevolent,' that he had simply misunderstood the need to cite sources carefully." (E.J. Dionne Jr., "Biden Admits Plagiarism In School But Says It Was Not 'Malevolent'," The New York Times, 9/18/87)

• Biden Released A 65-Page File From The Syracuse University College Of Law, Which He Said Contained All The Records Of His Years There, Including Details Of The Plagiarism. "To buttress his assertions of sincerity and openness, Mr. Biden released a 65-page file, obtained by the Senator from the Syracuse University College of Law, that he said contained all the records of his years there. It disclosed relatively poor grades in college and law school, mixed evaluations from teachers and details of the plagiarism." (E.J. Dionne Jr., "Biden Admits Plagiarism In School But Says It Was Not 'Malevolent'," The New York Times, 9/18/87)
  • "The File Distributed By The Senator Included A Law School Faculty Report, Dated Dec. 1, 1965, That Concluded That Mr. Biden Had 'Used Five Pages From A Published Law Review Article Without Quotation Or Attribution' And That He Ought To Be Failed In The Legal Methods Course For Which He Had Submitted The 15-Page Paper." (E.J. Dionne Jr., "Biden Admits Plagiarism In School But Says It Was Not 'Malevolent'," The New York Times, 9/18/87)

Biden Plagiarized Large Chunks Of Legal Language Directly From A 1965 Fordham Law Review Article. "The plagiarized article, 'Tortious Acts as a Basis for Jurisdiction in Products Liability Cases,' was published in the Fordham Law Review of May 1965. Mr. Biden drew large chunks of heavy legal prose directly from it, including such sentences as: 'The trend of judicial opinion in various jurisdictions has been that the breach of an implied warranty of fitness is actionable without privity, because it is a tortious wrong upon which suit may be brought by a non-contracting party.'" (E.J. Dionne Jr., "Biden Admits Plagiarism In School But Says It Was Not 'Malevolent'," The New York Times, 9/18/87)

• "In His Paper, Mr. Biden Included A Single Footnote To The Fordham Law Review Article." (E.J. Dionne Jr., "Biden Admits Plagiarism In School But Says It Was Not 'Malevolent'," The New York Times, 9/18/87)
  • Biden Claimed He Had Misunderstood The Rules Of Citation And Footnoting, Saying 'I Was Wrong, But I Was Not Malevolent In Any Way." "Mr. Biden said today, as he did 22 years ago, that he had misunderstood the rules of citation and footnoting. 'I was wrong, but I was not malevolent in any way,' Mr. Biden said. 'I did not intentionally move to mislead anybody. And I didn't. To this day I didn't.'" (E.J. Dionne Jr., "Biden Admits Plagiarism In School But Says It Was Not 'Malevolent'," The New York Times, 9/18/87)

The Faculty Ruled That Biden Would Get An "F" In The Course, And Would Have To Re-Take It. "The faculty ruled that Mr. Biden would get an F in the course but would have the grade stricken when he retook it the next year. Mr. Biden eventually received a grade of 80 in the course, which, he joked today, prevented him from falling even further in his class rank. Mr. Biden, who graduated from the law school in 1968, was 76th in a class of 85." (E.J. Dionne Jr., "Biden Admits Plagiarism In School But Says It Was Not 'Malevolent'," The New York Times, 9/18/87)

BIDEN PLAGIARIZED CAMPAIGN SPEECHES

In 1987, Biden Plagiarized A Speech From British Politician Neil Kinnock

On August 23, 1987, Joe Biden Falsely Referred To His Ancestors As Having Worked In Coal Mines In Northeast Pennsylvania. SENATOR JOE BIDEN (D-DE): "Those same people who read poetry and wrote poetry and taught me how to sing verse? Is it because they didn't work hard? My ancestors, who worked in the coal mines of Northeast Pennsylvania and would come up after 12 hours and play football for four hours?" (Joe Biden, Remarks At Democratic Debate, IA, 8/23/87)

plagiarism1-990000000004513c.jpg

Click To Watch

Biden Lifted These Line From A Speech By British Politician Neil Kinnock, And In 2004 Biden Admitted He Did Not Have Family Members Who Worked In Mining. "In 2004, Biden acknowledged that he did not have family members who worked in mining. 'Hell, I might be president now if it weren't for the fact I said I had an uncle who was a coal miner. Turns out I didn't have anybody in the coal mines, you know what I mean? I tried that crap — it didn't work,' he said during an interview with Jon Stewart." (Alana Goodman, "Six Times Biden Described Major Events In His Life That Never Happened," The Washington Examiner, 8/19/19)

• Kinnock: "Why Am I The First Kinnock In A Thousand Generations To Be Able To Get To University?" (William Safire, Lend Me Your Ears: Great Speeches In History, 1997)
  • Biden: "Why Is It That Joe Biden Is The First In His Family Ever To Go To A University?" (Joe Biden, Remarks At The Iowa State Fair, Iowa, 8/23/17)
  • Kinnock: "Why Is Glenys The First Woman In Her Family In A Thousand Generations To Be Able To Get To University?" (William Safire, Lend Me Your Ears: Great Speeches In History, 1997)
  • Biden: "Why Is It That My Wife Who Is Sitting Out There In The Audience Is The First In Her Family To Ever Go To College?" (Joe Biden, Remarks At The Iowa State Fair, Iowa, 8/23/17)
  • Kinnock: "Was It Because All Our Predecessors Were 'Thick? Did They Lack Talent – These People Who Could Sign, And Play, And Recite And Write Poetry; Those People Who Could Make Wonderful, Beautiful Things With Their Hands…" (William Safire, Lend Me Your Ears: Great Speeches In History, 1997)
  • Biden: "Is It Because Our Fathers And Mothers Were Not Bright? Is It Because I'm The First Biden In A Thousand Generations To Get A College And A Graduate Degree That I Was Smarter Than The Rest? ... Those Same People Who Read Poetry And Wrote Poetry And Taught Me How To Sing Verse?" (Joe Biden, Remarks At The Iowa State Fair, Iowa, 8/23/17)
  • Kinnock: "Was It Because They Were Weak – Those People Who Could Work Eight Hours Underground And Then Come Up And Play Football?" (William Safire, Lend Me Your Ears: Great Speeches In History, 1997)
  • Biden: "Is It Because They Didn't Work Hard? My Ancestors, Who Worked In The Coal Mines Of Northeast Pennsylvania And Would Come Up After 12 Hours And Play Football For Four Hours?" (Joe Biden, Remarks At The Iowa State Fair, Iowa, 8/23/17)

Biden Lifted His Closing Speech With "Phrases, Gestures And Lyrical Welsh Syntax Intact" From Mr. Kinnock. "So taken, in fact, that he lifted Mr. Kinnock's closing speech with phrases, gestures and lyrical Welsh syntax intact for his own closing speech at a debate at the Iowa State Fair on Aug. 23 - without crediting Mr. Kinnock." (Maureen Dowd, "Biden's Debate Finale: An Echo From Abroad," The New York Times,9/12/87)

Biden's Similarities Were Not A Coincidence, As He Had Been Shown Footage Of Kinnock's Speech Before He Used It, Keeping A Personal Copy Of The Video Which He "Inhaled." "One day that August, Bill Schneider, the columnist-pundit-pilgarlic-pollster-guru, showed up with a tape of a long, lovely TV ad for Neil Kinnock, the British Labour Party leader who was running against Margaret Thatcher. Kinnock had some beautiful stuff about what the Labour Party mean to working folk. To Joe, that was exactly why he was running: to give people a platform on which to build their futures. He grabbed that tape and took it home; he inhaled the thing. It was like when Barbara Streisand came on the radio – Kinnock was singing Joe's song!" (Richard Ben Cramer, What It Takes: The Way To The White House, 1992)

Biden Plagiarized A 1968 Speech From Robert Kennedy, Lifting Nearly A Whole Paragraph Word For Word

In February 1987, Biden Borrowed Lines From A 1968 Robert Kennedy Speech Without Citing Or Attributing The Comments To Kennedy. "In February of 1987, Mr. Biden borrowed from a Robert Kennedy speech without attribution, later saying the remarks had been written for him; the incident initially went unreported." (Matt Flegenheimer, "Biden's First Run For President Was A Calamity. Some Missteps Still Resonate," The New York Times, 6/3/19)

• Robert F. Kennedy: "Yet The Gross National Product Does Not Allow For The Health Of Our Children, The Quality Of Their Education Or The Joy Of Their Play." (Robert F. Kennedy, Remarks At The University Of Kansas, Lawrence, KS, 3/18/68)
  • Biden: "It Can Not Measure The Health Of Our Children, The Quality Of Their Education, The Joy Of Their Play." (Senator Joe Biden, Remarks At The 1987 California State Democratic Convention, 2/3/87)
  • Kennedy: "It Does Not Include The Beauty Of Our Poetry Or The Strength Of Our Marriages, The Intelligence Of Our Public Debate Or The Integrity Of Our Public Officials." (Robert F. Kennedy, Remarks At The University Of Kansas, Lawrence, KS, 3/18/68)
  • Biden: "It Doesn't Measure The Beauty Of Our Poetry, The Strength Of Our Marriages, The Intelligence Of Our Public Debate, The Integrity Of Our Public Officials." (Senator Joe Biden, Remarks At The 1987 California State Democratic Convention, 2/3/87)
  • Kennedy: "It Measures Neither Our Wit Nor Our Courage, Neither Our Wisdom Nor Our Learning, Neither Our Compassion Nor Our Devotion To Our Country." (Robert F. Kennedy, Remarks At The University Of Kansas, Lawrence, KS, 3/18/68)
  • Biden: "It Counts Neither Our Wit, Nor Our Wisdom. Neither Our Compassion, Nor Our Devotion To Our Country." (Senator Joe Biden, Remarks At The 1987 California State Democratic Convention, 2/3/87)
  • Kennedy: "It Measures Everything In Short, Except That Which Makes Life Worthwhile. And It Can Tell Us Everything About America Except Why We Are Proud That We Are Americans." (Robert F. Kennedy, Remarks At The University Of Kansas, Lawrence, KS, 3/18/68)
  • Biden: "That Bottom Line Can Tell Us Everything About Our Lives, Except That Which Makes Life Worthwhile. And It Can Tell Us Everything About America, Except That Which Makes Us Proud To Be Americans. (Senator Joe Biden, Remarks At The 1987 California State Democratic Convention, 2/3/87)

plagiarism2-990000000004513c.jpg

Click To Watch

In September 1987, Biden Claimed That The He Did Not Know He Was Using Kennedy's Words. "On Sept. 17, Mr. Biden called a news conference at the Capitol to explain himself. By turns contrite and simmering, he said the law school citation issue was not 'malevolent.' He took responsibility for not knowing that he was using Mr. Kennedy's words in the February speech." (Matt Flegenheimer, "Biden's First Run For President Was A Calamity. Some Missteps Still Resonate," The New York Times, 6/3/19)

Biden Plagiarized From President John F. Kennedy's Inaugural Address

In February 1987, While Giving A Speech To The California State Democratic Convention, Biden Used A Direct Quote From President Kennedy's 1961 Inaugural Address. "Sometimes only a phrase is involved. In a speech to the California State Democratic Convention on Feb. 3, Mr. Biden said that 'each generation of Americans has been summoned' to a test of devotion to democracy; the same phrase was used about national loyalty by John F. Kennedy in his Presidential inaugural address in 1961." (Maureen Dowd, "Biden Is Facing Growing Debate On His Speeches," The New York Times, 9/16/87)

Kennedy: "Since This Country Was Founded, Each Generation Of Americans Has Been Summoned To Give Testimony To Its National Loyalty." (President John F. Kennedy, Remarks At His Inaugural Address, Washington, DC, 1/20/61)

Biden: "Each Generation Of Americans Has Been Summoned" (Senator Joe Biden, Remarks At The 1987 California State Democratic Convention, 2/3/87)

Biden Lifted Lines From Senator Hubert Humphrey On Multiple Occasions

In 1985 and 1986, Biden Plagiarized One Of Senator Hubert Humphrey's (D-MN) Most Renowned Passages On The "Ultimate Moral Test" Of Government. "Another example concerns speeches that Senator Biden gave in Iowa in 1985 and Las Vegas in 1986, when he adopted one of Hubert Humphrey's most renowned passages without citing the source. At the Democratic National Convention in 1976, Mr. Humphrey, then a Senator from Minnesota, declared: 'The ultimate moral test of any government is the manner in which it treats three groups of its citizens: first, those who are in the dawn of life, our children; second, those who are in the shadows of life, our sick, our needy, our handicapped, and those, third, in the twilight of life, our elderly.' Senator Biden's version offered 'a nation noble enough to treat those at the dawn of life with love, those at the dusk of life with care and those who live in the shadow of life with compassion.' Senator Biden's aides cite this similarity as an instance in which Mr. Biden paid homage to a historical leader." (Maureen Dowd, "Biden Is Facing Growing Debate On His Speeches," The New York Times, 9/16/87)

• Humphrey: "The Ultimate Moral Test Of Any Government Is The Manner In Which It Treats Three Groups Of Its Citizens: First, Those Who Are In The Dawn Of Life, Our Children; Second, Those Who Are In The Shadows Of Life, Our Sick, Our Needy, Our Handicapped, And Those, Third, In The Twilight Of Life, Our Elderly." (Maureen Dowd, "Biden Is Facing Growing Debate On His Speeches," The New York Times, 9/16/87)
  • Biden: "A Nation Noble Enough To Treat Those At The Dawn Of Life With Love, Those At The Dusk Of Life With Care And Those Who Live In The Shadow Of Life With Compassion." (Maureen Dowd, "Biden Is Facing Growing Debate On His Speeches," The New York Times, 9/16/87)

BIDEN'S 2020 CAMPAIGN HAS PLAGIARIZED POLICY PLANS AND A SLOGAN

Joe Biden Plagiarized His Policy Plans From Other Groups

In 2019, Joe Biden's Presidential Campaign "Lifted Language Without Credit" For Its Education And Climate Change Policy Plans, "At Times Word For Word" From Outside Interest Groups. "Joe Biden's presidential campaign lifted language without credit, at times word for word, when crafting its education and climate plans, incidents the campaign acknowledged and said were inadvertent. … Biden's campaign said Tuesday that it would update his policy plans online to properly attribute the sources of information, which in the case of his environmental plan included a coal industry entity. … In the case of his education policy, Biden used a sentence word for word from an education policy publication from the group XQ Institute." (Matt Viser, Dino Gradoni, And Jeff Stein, "Joe Biden's Campaign Acknowledges Lifting Language From Other Groups For Its Policy Plans," The Washington Post, 6/4/19)

• Biden's Education Policy Proposal Copied A Sentence "Word For Word" From The Group XQ Institute. "In the case of his education policy, Biden used a sentence word for word from an education policy publication from the group XQ Institute. 'Students who participate in high-quality career and technical education are more likely to graduate, earn industry credentials, enroll in college, and have higher rates of employment and higher earnings,' the sentence read." (Matt Viser, Dino Gradoni, And Jeff Stein, "Joe Biden's Campaign Acknowledges Lifting Language From Other Groups For Its Policy Plans," The Washington Post, 6/4/19)
  • Biden's Climate Change Proposal Was Nearly Identical To The Wording Used By The Pro-Coal Group Carbon Capture Coalition. "The use of other groups' words in Biden's environmental plan became known after Josh Nelson of the progressive group CREDO noticed Tuesday that much of its language about carbon capture sequestration appeared to resemble talking points from pro-industry groups. Nelson found the phrases were a near-identical match with wording used by the Carbon Capture Coalition, whose members include Shell, Peabody Energy and Arch Coal. Biden's climate plan calls for making carbon capture, use and storage a 'widely available, cost-effective, and rapidly scalable solution to reduce carbon emissions to meet mid-century climate goals.' On its website, the Center for Climate and Energy Solutions's Carbon Capture Coalition says 'its goal is to make carbon capture, use and storage (CCUS) a widely available, cost-effective, and rapidly scalable solution to reduce carbon emissions to meet mid-century climate goals.'" (Matt Viser, Dino Gradoni, And Jeff Stein, "Joe Biden's Campaign Acknowledges Lifting Language From Other Groups For Its Policy Plans," The Washington Post, 6/4/19)
  • Biden's Climate Change Proposal Also "Copied A Factoid" From The American Rivers, A Non-Profit That Focuses On Clean-Water Advocacy. "At least one environmental group didn't mind seeing its ideas influence White House hopefuls. In its climate plan, for example, the Biden camp copied a factoid — the "average American sewage pipe is 33 years old, with many pipes dating back 50 or even 100 years" — verbatim from the website for American Rivers in a section about water infrastructure. But Amy Kober, a spokeswoman for the American Rivers clean-water advocacy group, said her organization was 'absolutely happy to see anybody come to our website.'" (Matt Viser, Dino Gradoni, And Jeff Stein, "Joe Biden's Campaign Acknowledges Lifting Language From Other Groups For Its Policy Plans," The Washington Post, 6/4/19)

Joe Biden Acknowledged The Plagiarism, Calling It A "Mistake" And Blaming It On His Campaign Staff. VICE PRESIDENT JOE BIDEN: "Well, look, it's a—I think you're going to see from the campaign an acknowledgment of exactly how it happened and what it did, and you know, it's a— I think it's— look, they made a mistake, they corrected it, they acknowledged it and they let me know about it, and some of the language came from are people who support the plan, so anyway, thank you." (Joe Biden, Remarks To The Associated Press On Plagiarism Reports, 6/5/19)

plagiarism3-990000000004513c.jpg

Click To Watch

Joe Biden Spent $4,200 On An Anti-Plagiarism Software Shortly After The Plagiarism Debacle. "This summer, former Vice President Joe Biden did the kind of thing you might do if you've repeatedly faced accusations of lifting sentences and failing to properly cite sources: He got some plagiarism-detection software. According to filings that the Federal Elections Committee released last week, Biden's presidential campaign spent $4,200 beginning on July 10 for iThenticate's plagiarism prevention services. This was roughly a month after the campaign confirmed that it had unintentionally used language from other sources in its climate and education proposals without giving due credit." (Aaron Mak, "Joe Biden's Campaign Has Spent At Least $4,200 On Anti-Plagiarism Software, Slate, 9/23/19)

Joe Biden's Unity Task Force Copied Whole Sections Of Bernie Sanders' Campaign Platform

Released Last Week, The Biden Sanders Unity Task Force Recommendations Copy Word-For-Word Whole Sections Of Bernie Sanders Campaign Platform. ("Biden-Sanders Unity Task Force Recommendations," Biden-Sanders Unity Task Force Recommendations, Accessed 7/13/20)

plagiarism4-990000000004513c.jpg

("Criminal Justice Unity Task Force Recommendations," Biden-Sanders Unity Task Force Recommendations, Page 57, Accessed 7/13/20)

plagiarism5-990000000004513c.jpg

("Issues – Justice And Safety For All," Friends Of Bernie Sanders, Accessed 7/13/20)

plagiarism6-990000000004513c.jpg

("Economy Unity Task Force Recommendations," Biden-Sanders Unity Task Force Recommendations, Page 71, Accessed 7/13/20)

plagiarism7-990000000004513c.jpg

("Issues – The Workplace Democracy Plan," Friends Of Bernie Sanders, Accessed 7/13/20)

plagiarism8-990000000004513c.jpg

("Economy Unity Task Force Recommendations," Biden-Sanders Unity Task Force Recommendations, Page 73, Accessed 7/13/20)

plagiarism9-990000000004513c.jpg

("Issues – Fighting For Disability Rights," Friends Of Bernie Sanders, Accessed 7/13/20)

plagiarism10-990000000004513c.jpg

("Economy Unity Task Force Recommendations," Biden-Sanders Unity Task Force Recommendations, Page 73, Accessed 7/13/20)

plagiarism11-990000000004513c.jpg

("Issues – The Right To A Secure Retirement," Friends Of Bernie Sanders, Accessed 7/13/20)

Biden's Newly Released "Build Back Better" Slogan Is Stolen Both In Name And Idea

On July 9, 2020, Biden Announced His Economic Agenda Called "Build Back Better." "Former Vice President Joe Biden, the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee, laid out a key plank of his economic agenda for the country — dubbed 'Build Back Better' — in a half-hour speech Thursday, offering a competing vision of economic nationalism that President Trump has trumpeted in recent years." (Asma Khalid, "Biden Counters Trump's 'America First' With "Build Back Better' Economic Plan," NPR, 7/9/20)

The "Build Back Better" Slogan First Originated In December 2006, When The United Nations Secretary-General's Special Envoy For Tsunami Recovery, Former President Bill Clinton, Issued A Report Titled "Key Propositions For Building Back Better." "In December 2006, on the second anniversary of the 2004 Indian Ocean Tsunami, the United Nations Secretary-General's Special Envoy for Tsunami Recovery, former US President William Clinton, issued a report titled 'Key Propositions for Building Back Better.' Since then 'build back better' (BBB) has become the mantra of post-disaster reconstruction programs." (Glenn Fernandez, "'Build Back Better' Approach To Disaster Recovery: Research Trends Since 2006," Science Direct, 5/19)

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

This Santos guy is a mini-me-Trump...spouts out lies like candy and has no shame or regard for the truth...he's the spawn of Trumpism...lie until you get caught...and the when you get caught lying?...double down on the lie...that's the lesson Trump has taught his republican minions/party...George learned the lesson well!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, concha said:

Biden is literally everything they thought Trump was. Trump has his rights blatantly violated over such documents, while Biden is being excused by every media outlet. It’s disgraceful. Using Joseph Goebells playbook perfectly, “accuse the other side of which you are guilty.”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crusader12-0 said:

Biden is literally everything they thought Trump was. Trump has his rights blatantly violated over such documents, while Biden is being excused by every media outlet. It’s disgraceful. Using Joseph Goebells playbook perfectly, “accuse the other side of which you are guilty.”

not even close...

• Like 1

So glad we have a "leader" who can't form a coherent sentence, nor read from a teleprompter!! How's everyone's pocketbook, 401K doing???????? On a MORE serious note....What happens when electric cars are stranded in snow, on Interstates, in freezing temperatures??! It happened in Atlanta. Probably no electric cars, but you get where I'm coming from.  https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrJ.HCKesBjDhsPzUtXNyoA;_ylu=Y29sbwNiZjEEcG9zAzEEdnRpZAMEc2VjA3Nj/RV=2/RE=1673587466/RO=10/RU=https%3a%2f%2fwww.11alive.com%2farticle%2fnews%2fhistory%2fatlanta-snowmageddon-2014-anniversary%2f85-bcf15186-4d02-4a47-8025-5a2cc1f3fdac%23%3a~%3atext%3dOver%20a%20million%20people%20were%20jammed%20on%20the%2cwere%20forced%20to%20spend%20the%20night%20at%20school./RK=2/RS=KTNCF_lx3kMMn4YOyOX4Z8uSRq0- Just tired of the Democrat against Republican bullshit. Common sense has definitely left the building. Dangling FREE shit works for the ignorant who vote Democrat.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, DBP66 said:

not even close...

Left says Trump is racist- Biden says, “we have enough nword mayors and we don’t need anymore nword big shots,” and “u can’t go into a 7/11 w/o an Indian accent,” and “poor kids are just as smart as white kids” and he called Satchel Paige a n_gro, things that would get a Republican’s house burned down. 

Left says Trump is not mentally fit for the job- Biden can’t remember where he is or what he is doing and clearly suffers from dementia. 

Left says Trump and his family are corrupt- Biden too had classified documents in his possession. Biden has a son guilty of several serious felonies that would get anyone else imprisoned until they croaked 

Left says Trump is a creeper- Biden showers with his daughter and sniffs every child he gets close enough to. 

The list is endless!

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Crusader12-0 said:

Left says Trump is racist- Biden says, “we have enough nword mayors and we don’t need anymore nword big shots,” and “u can’t go into a 7/11 w/o an Indian accent,” and “poor kids are just as smart as white kids” and he called Satchel Paige a n_gro, things that would get a Republican’s house burned down. 

Left says Trump is not mentally fit for the job- Biden can’t remember where he is or what he is doing and clearly suffers from dementia. 

Left says Trump and his family are corrupt- Biden too had classified documents in his possession. Biden has a son guilty of several serious felonies that would get anyone else imprisoned until they croaked 

Left says Trump is a creeper- Biden showers with his daughter and sniffs every child he gets close enough to. 

The list is endless!

The hypocrisy of the left is unreal

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Crusader12-0 said:

Not even close and if you think this is true, your head is in the sand.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Crusader12-0 said:

The list is endless!

Left is right.........whom ever uttered those words.

42 minutes ago, Crusader12-0 said:

The list is endless!

Trump lied about having any files to the D.O.J....he had a lawyer sign off on a letter that he had no files in his possession...they show up in August and find lots of STOLEN files....stolen because he didn't return them when asked and lied about having any files at all...not even close...🙄

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, concha said:

https://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/documents/campaign-press-release-copy-that-joe-bidens-long-record-plagiarism

Copy That – Joe Biden's Long Record Of Plagiarism?

Key Takeaways

• Joe Biden has plagiarized from speeches, essays, and policy positions throughout his entire life
  • As a student at Syracuse Law School in 1965, Biden plagiarized 5-pages from a law review journal "without quotation or attribution"
  • During his failed 1988 presidential campaign, Biden plagiarized from speeches by British politician Neil Kinnock, Robert Kennedy, and President John F. Kennedy
  • Now, Joe Biden and his 2020 Presidential campaign are at it again – lifting ideas, slogans, and writings to pass off as their own
    • Last year, Biden's campaign used "word-for-word" language from other groups as part of his climate and education policy papers
    • The newly released recommendations from the "Biden-Sanders Unity Task Force" takes whole sections straight from Bernie Sanders' campaign platform
    • Biden's "Build Back Better" slogan is a phrase coined by Bill Clinton in 2006

BIDEN PLAGIARIZED IN LAW SCHOOL

In September 1987, Joe Biden Acknowledged He Plagiarized A Law Review Article During His First Year In Law School

In September 1987, Then-Senator Joe Biden (D-DE) Acknowledged "A Mistake" When He Plagiarized A Law Review Article In His First Year At Law School. "Senator Joseph R. Biden Jr., fighting to salvage his Presidential campaign, today acknowledged 'a mistake' in his youth, when he plagiarized a law review article for a paper he wrote in his first year at law school. Mr. Biden insisted, however, that he had done nothing 'malevolent,' that he had simply misunderstood the need to cite sources carefully." (E.J. Dionne Jr., "Biden Admits Plagiarism In School But Says It Was Not 'Malevolent'," The New York Times, 9/18/87)

• Biden Released A 65-Page File From The Syracuse University College Of Law, Which He Said Contained All The Records Of His Years There, Including Details Of The Plagiarism. "To buttress his assertions of sincerity and openness, Mr. Biden released a 65-page file, obtained by the Senator from the Syracuse University College of Law, that he said contained all the records of his years there. It disclosed relatively poor grades in college and law school, mixed evaluations from teachers and details of the plagiarism." (E.J. Dionne Jr., "Biden Admits Plagiarism In School But Says It Was Not 'Malevolent'," The New York Times, 9/18/87)
  • "The File Distributed By The Senator Included A Law School Faculty Report, Dated Dec. 1, 1965, That Concluded That Mr. Biden Had 'Used Five Pages From A Published Law Review Article Without Quotation Or Attribution' And That He Ought To Be Failed In The Legal Methods Course For Which He Had Submitted The 15-Page Paper." (E.J. Dionne Jr., "Biden Admits Plagiarism In School But Says It Was Not 'Malevolent'," The New York Times, 9/18/87)

Biden Plagiarized Large Chunks Of Legal Language Directly From A 1965 Fordham Law Review Article. "The plagiarized article, 'Tortious Acts as a Basis for Jurisdiction in Products Liability Cases,' was published in the Fordham Law Review of May 1965. Mr. Biden drew large chunks of heavy legal prose directly from it, including such sentences as: 'The trend of judicial opinion in various jurisdictions has been that the breach of an implied warranty of fitness is actionable without privity, because it is a tortious wrong upon which suit may be brought by a non-contracting party.'" (E.J. Dionne Jr., "Biden Admits Plagiarism In School But Says It Was Not 'Malevolent'," The New York Times, 9/18/87)

• "In His Paper, Mr. Biden Included A Single Footnote To The Fordham Law Review Article." (E.J. Dionne Jr., "Biden Admits Plagiarism In School But Says It Was Not 'Malevolent'," The New York Times, 9/18/87)
  • Biden Claimed He Had Misunderstood The Rules Of Citation And Footnoting, Saying 'I Was Wrong, But I Was Not Malevolent In Any Way." "Mr. Biden said today, as he did 22 years ago, that he had misunderstood the rules of citation and footnoting. 'I was wrong, but I was not malevolent in any way,' Mr. Biden said. 'I did not intentionally move to mislead anybody. And I didn't. To this day I didn't.'" (E.J. Dionne Jr., "Biden Admits Plagiarism In School But Says It Was Not 'Malevolent'," The New York Times, 9/18/87)

The Faculty Ruled That Biden Would Get An "F" In The Course, And Would Have To Re-Take It. "The faculty ruled that Mr. Biden would get an F in the course but would have the grade stricken when he retook it the next year. Mr. Biden eventually received a grade of 80 in the course, which, he joked today, prevented him from falling even further in his class rank. Mr. Biden, who graduated from the law school in 1968, was 76th in a class of 85." (E.J. Dionne Jr., "Biden Admits Plagiarism In School But Says It Was Not 'Malevolent'," The New York Times, 9/18/87)

BIDEN PLAGIARIZED CAMPAIGN SPEECHES

In 1987, Biden Plagiarized A Speech From British Politician Neil Kinnock

On August 23, 1987, Joe Biden Falsely Referred To His Ancestors As Having Worked In Coal Mines In Northeast Pennsylvania. SENATOR JOE BIDEN (D-DE): "Those same people who read poetry and wrote poetry and taught me how to sing verse? Is it because they didn't work hard? My ancestors, who worked in the coal mines of Northeast Pennsylvania and would come up after 12 hours and play football for four hours?" (Joe Biden, Remarks At Democratic Debate, IA, 8/23/87)

plagiarism1-990000000004513c.jpg

Click To Watch

Biden Lifted These Line From A Speech By British Politician Neil Kinnock, And In 2004 Biden Admitted He Did Not Have Family Members Who Worked In Mining. "In 2004, Biden acknowledged that he did not have family members who worked in mining. 'Hell, I might be president now if it weren't for the fact I said I had an uncle who was a coal miner. Turns out I didn't have anybody in the coal mines, you know what I mean? I tried that crap — it didn't work,' he said during an interview with Jon Stewart." (Alana Goodman, "Six Times Biden Described Major Events In His Life That Never Happened," The Washington Examiner, 8/19/19)

• Kinnock: "Why Am I The First Kinnock In A Thousand Generations To Be Able To Get To University?" (William Safire, Lend Me Your Ears: Great Speeches In History, 1997)
  • Biden: "Why Is It That Joe Biden Is The First In His Family Ever To Go To A University?" (Joe Biden, Remarks At The Iowa State Fair, Iowa, 8/23/17)
  • Kinnock: "Why Is Glenys The First Woman In Her Family In A Thousand Generations To Be Able To Get To University?" (William Safire, Lend Me Your Ears: Great Speeches In History, 1997)
  • Biden: "Why Is It That My Wife Who Is Sitting Out There In The Audience Is The First In Her Family To Ever Go To College?" (Joe Biden, Remarks At The Iowa State Fair, Iowa, 8/23/17)
  • Kinnock: "Was It Because All Our Predecessors Were 'Thick? Did They Lack Talent – These People Who Could Sign, And Play, And Recite And Write Poetry; Those People Who Could Make Wonderful, Beautiful Things With Their Hands…" (William Safire, Lend Me Your Ears: Great Speeches In History, 1997)
  • Biden: "Is It Because Our Fathers And Mothers Were Not Bright? Is It Because I'm The First Biden In A Thousand Generations To Get A College And A Graduate Degree That I Was Smarter Than The Rest? ... Those Same People Who Read Poetry And Wrote Poetry And Taught Me How To Sing Verse?" (Joe Biden, Remarks At The Iowa State Fair, Iowa, 8/23/17)
  • Kinnock: "Was It Because They Were Weak – Those People Who Could Work Eight Hours Underground And Then Come Up And Play Football?" (William Safire, Lend Me Your Ears: Great Speeches In History, 1997)
  • Biden: "Is It Because They Didn't Work Hard? My Ancestors, Who Worked In The Coal Mines Of Northeast Pennsylvania And Would Come Up After 12 Hours And Play Football For Four Hours?" (Joe Biden, Remarks At The Iowa State Fair, Iowa, 8/23/17)

Biden Lifted His Closing Speech With "Phrases, Gestures And Lyrical Welsh Syntax Intact" From Mr. Kinnock. "So taken, in fact, that he lifted Mr. Kinnock's closing speech with phrases, gestures and lyrical Welsh syntax intact for his own closing speech at a debate at the Iowa State Fair on Aug. 23 - without crediting Mr. Kinnock." (Maureen Dowd, "Biden's Debate Finale: An Echo From Abroad," The New York Times,9/12/87)

Biden's Similarities Were Not A Coincidence, As He Had Been Shown Footage Of Kinnock's Speech Before He Used It, Keeping A Personal Copy Of The Video Which He "Inhaled." "One day that August, Bill Schneider, the columnist-pundit-pilgarlic-pollster-guru, showed up with a tape of a long, lovely TV ad for Neil Kinnock, the British Labour Party leader who was running against Margaret Thatcher. Kinnock had some beautiful stuff about what the Labour Party mean to working folk. To Joe, that was exactly why he was running: to give people a platform on which to build their futures. He grabbed that tape and took it home; he inhaled the thing. It was like when Barbara Streisand came on the radio – Kinnock was singing Joe's song!" (Richard Ben Cramer, What It Takes: The Way To The White House, 1992)

Biden Plagiarized A 1968 Speech From Robert Kennedy, Lifting Nearly A Whole Paragraph Word For Word

In February 1987, Biden Borrowed Lines From A 1968 Robert Kennedy Speech Without Citing Or Attributing The Comments To Kennedy. "In February of 1987, Mr. Biden borrowed from a Robert Kennedy speech without attribution, later saying the remarks had been written for him; the incident initially went unreported." (Matt Flegenheimer, "Biden's First Run For President Was A Calamity. Some Missteps Still Resonate," The New York Times, 6/3/19)

• Robert F. Kennedy: "Yet The Gross National Product Does Not Allow For The Health Of Our Children, The Quality Of Their Education Or The Joy Of Their Play." (Robert F. Kennedy, Remarks At The University Of Kansas, Lawrence, KS, 3/18/68)
  • Biden: "It Can Not Measure The Health Of Our Children, The Quality Of Their Education, The Joy Of Their Play." (Senator Joe Biden, Remarks At The 1987 California State Democratic Convention, 2/3/87)
  • Kennedy: "It Does Not Include The Beauty Of Our Poetry Or The Strength Of Our Marriages, The Intelligence Of Our Public Debate Or The Integrity Of Our Public Officials." (Robert F. Kennedy, Remarks At The University Of Kansas, Lawrence, KS, 3/18/68)
  • Biden: "It Doesn't Measure The Beauty Of Our Poetry, The Strength Of Our Marriages, The Intelligence Of Our Public Debate, The Integrity Of Our Public Officials." (Senator Joe Biden, Remarks At The 1987 California State Democratic Convention, 2/3/87)
  • Kennedy: "It Measures Neither Our Wit Nor Our Courage, Neither Our Wisdom Nor Our Learning, Neither Our Compassion Nor Our Devotion To Our Country." (Robert F. Kennedy, Remarks At The University Of Kansas, Lawrence, KS, 3/18/68)
  • Biden: "It Counts Neither Our Wit, Nor Our Wisdom. Neither Our Compassion, Nor Our Devotion To Our Country." (Senator Joe Biden, Remarks At The 1987 California State Democratic Convention, 2/3/87)
  • Kennedy: "It Measures Everything In Short, Except That Which Makes Life Worthwhile. And It Can Tell Us Everything About America Except Why We Are Proud That We Are Americans." (Robert F. Kennedy, Remarks At The University Of Kansas, Lawrence, KS, 3/18/68)
  • Biden: "That Bottom Line Can Tell Us Everything About Our Lives, Except That Which Makes Life Worthwhile. And It Can Tell Us Everything About America, Except That Which Makes Us Proud To Be Americans. (Senator Joe Biden, Remarks At The 1987 California State Democratic Convention, 2/3/87)

plagiarism2-990000000004513c.jpg

Click To Watch

In September 1987, Biden Claimed That The He Did Not Know He Was Using Kennedy's Words. "On Sept. 17, Mr. Biden called a news conference at the Capitol to explain himself. By turns contrite and simmering, he said the law school citation issue was not 'malevolent.' He took responsibility for not knowing that he was using Mr. Kennedy's words in the February speech." (Matt Flegenheimer, "Biden's First Run For President Was A Calamity. Some Missteps Still Resonate," The New York Times, 6/3/19)

Biden Plagiarized From President John F. Kennedy's Inaugural Address

In February 1987, While Giving A Speech To The California State Democratic Convention, Biden Used A Direct Quote From President Kennedy's 1961 Inaugural Address. "Sometimes only a phrase is involved. In a speech to the California State Democratic Convention on Feb. 3, Mr. Biden said that 'each generation of Americans has been summoned' to a test of devotion to democracy; the same phrase was used about national loyalty by John F. Kennedy in his Presidential inaugural address in 1961." (Maureen Dowd, "Biden Is Facing Growing Debate On His Speeches," The New York Times, 9/16/87)

Kennedy: "Since This Country Was Founded, Each Generation Of Americans Has Been Summoned To Give Testimony To Its National Loyalty." (President John F. Kennedy, Remarks At His Inaugural Address, Washington, DC, 1/20/61)

Biden: "Each Generation Of Americans Has Been Summoned" (Senator Joe Biden, Remarks At The 1987 California State Democratic Convention, 2/3/87)

Biden Lifted Lines From Senator Hubert Humphrey On Multiple Occasions

In 1985 and 1986, Biden Plagiarized One Of Senator Hubert Humphrey's (D-MN) Most Renowned Passages On The "Ultimate Moral Test" Of Government. "Another example concerns speeches that Senator Biden gave in Iowa in 1985 and Las Vegas in 1986, when he adopted one of Hubert Humphrey's most renowned passages without citing the source. At the Democratic National Convention in 1976, Mr. Humphrey, then a Senator from Minnesota, declared: 'The ultimate moral test of any government is the manner in which it treats three groups of its citizens: first, those who are in the dawn of life, our children; second, those who are in the shadows of life, our sick, our needy, our handicapped, and those, third, in the twilight of life, our elderly.' Senator Biden's version offered 'a nation noble enough to treat those at the dawn of life with love, those at the dusk of life with care and those who live in the shadow of life with compassion.' Senator Biden's aides cite this similarity as an instance in which Mr. Biden paid homage to a historical leader." (Maureen Dowd, "Biden Is Facing Growing Debate On His Speeches," The New York Times, 9/16/87)

• Humphrey: "The Ultimate Moral Test Of Any Government Is The Manner In Which It Treats Three Groups Of Its Citizens: First, Those Who Are In The Dawn Of Life, Our Children; Second, Those Who Are In The Shadows Of Life, Our Sick, Our Needy, Our Handicapped, And Those, Third, In The Twilight Of Life, Our Elderly." (Maureen Dowd, "Biden Is Facing Growing Debate On His Speeches," The New York Times, 9/16/87)
  • Biden: "A Nation Noble Enough To Treat Those At The Dawn Of Life With Love, Those At The Dusk Of Life With Care And Those Who Live In The Shadow Of Life With Compassion." (Maureen Dowd, "Biden Is Facing Growing Debate On His Speeches," The New York Times, 9/16/87)

BIDEN'S 2020 CAMPAIGN HAS PLAGIARIZED POLICY PLANS AND A SLOGAN

Joe Biden Plagiarized His Policy Plans From Other Groups

In 2019, Joe Biden's Presidential Campaign "Lifted Language Without Credit" For Its Education And Climate Change Policy Plans, "At Times Word For Word" From Outside Interest Groups. "Joe Biden's presidential campaign lifted language without credit, at times word for word, when crafting its education and climate plans, incidents the campaign acknowledged and said were inadvertent. … Biden's campaign said Tuesday that it would update his policy plans online to properly attribute the sources of information, which in the case of his environmental plan included a coal industry entity. … In the case of his education policy, Biden used a sentence word for word from an education policy publication from the group XQ Institute." (Matt Viser, Dino Gradoni, And Jeff Stein, "Joe Biden's Campaign Acknowledges Lifting Language From Other Groups For Its Policy Plans," The Washington Post, 6/4/19)

• Biden's Education Policy Proposal Copied A Sentence "Word For Word" From The Group XQ Institute. "In the case of his education policy, Biden used a sentence word for word from an education policy publication from the group XQ Institute. 'Students who participate in high-quality career and technical education are more likely to graduate, earn industry credentials, enroll in college, and have higher rates of employment and higher earnings,' the sentence read." (Matt Viser, Dino Gradoni, And Jeff Stein, "Joe Biden's Campaign Acknowledges Lifting Language From Other Groups For Its Policy Plans," The Washington Post, 6/4/19)
  • Biden's Climate Change Proposal Was Nearly Identical To The Wording Used By The Pro-Coal Group Carbon Capture Coalition. "The use of other groups' words in Biden's environmental plan became known after Josh Nelson of the progressive group CREDO noticed Tuesday that much of its language about carbon capture sequestration appeared to resemble talking points from pro-industry groups. Nelson found the phrases were a near-identical match with wording used by the Carbon Capture Coalition, whose members include Shell, Peabody Energy and Arch Coal. Biden's climate plan calls for making carbon capture, use and storage a 'widely available, cost-effective, and rapidly scalable solution to reduce carbon emissions to meet mid-century climate goals.' On its website, the Center for Climate and Energy Solutions's Carbon Capture Coalition says 'its goal is to make carbon capture, use and storage (CCUS) a widely available, cost-effective, and rapidly scalable solution to reduce carbon emissions to meet mid-century climate goals.'" (Matt Viser, Dino Gradoni, And Jeff Stein, "Joe Biden's Campaign Acknowledges Lifting Language From Other Groups For Its Policy Plans," The Washington Post, 6/4/19)
  • Biden's Climate Change Proposal Also "Copied A Factoid" From The American Rivers, A Non-Profit That Focuses On Clean-Water Advocacy. "At least one environmental group didn't mind seeing its ideas influence White House hopefuls. In its climate plan, for example, the Biden camp copied a factoid — the "average American sewage pipe is 33 years old, with many pipes dating back 50 or even 100 years" — verbatim from the website for American Rivers in a section about water infrastructure. But Amy Kober, a spokeswoman for the American Rivers clean-water advocacy group, said her organization was 'absolutely happy to see anybody come to our website.'" (Matt Viser, Dino Gradoni, And Jeff Stein, "Joe Biden's Campaign Acknowledges Lifting Language From Other Groups For Its Policy Plans," The Washington Post, 6/4/19)

Joe Biden Acknowledged The Plagiarism, Calling It A "Mistake" And Blaming It On His Campaign Staff. VICE PRESIDENT JOE BIDEN: "Well, look, it's a—I think you're going to see from the campaign an acknowledgment of exactly how it happened and what it did, and you know, it's a— I think it's— look, they made a mistake, they corrected it, they acknowledged it and they let me know about it, and some of the language came from are people who support the plan, so anyway, thank you." (Joe Biden, Remarks To The Associated Press On Plagiarism Reports, 6/5/19)

plagiarism3-990000000004513c.jpg

Click To Watch

Joe Biden Spent $4,200 On An Anti-Plagiarism Software Shortly After The Plagiarism Debacle. "This summer, former Vice President Joe Biden did the kind of thing you might do if you've repeatedly faced accusations of lifting sentences and failing to properly cite sources: He got some plagiarism-detection software. According to filings that the Federal Elections Committee released last week, Biden's presidential campaign spent $4,200 beginning on July 10 for iThenticate's plagiarism prevention services. This was roughly a month after the campaign confirmed that it had unintentionally used language from other sources in its climate and education proposals without giving due credit." (Aaron Mak, "Joe Biden's Campaign Has Spent At Least $4,200 On Anti-Plagiarism Software, Slate, 9/23/19)

Joe Biden's Unity Task Force Copied Whole Sections Of Bernie Sanders' Campaign Platform

Released Last Week, The Biden Sanders Unity Task Force Recommendations Copy Word-For-Word Whole Sections Of Bernie Sanders Campaign Platform. ("Biden-Sanders Unity Task Force Recommendations," Biden-Sanders Unity Task Force Recommendations, Accessed 7/13/20)

plagiarism4-990000000004513c.jpg

("Criminal Justice Unity Task Force Recommendations," Biden-Sanders Unity Task Force Recommendations, Page 57, Accessed 7/13/20)

plagiarism5-990000000004513c.jpg

("Issues – Justice And Safety For All," Friends Of Bernie Sanders, Accessed 7/13/20)

plagiarism6-990000000004513c.jpg

("Economy Unity Task Force Recommendations," Biden-Sanders Unity Task Force Recommendations, Page 71, Accessed 7/13/20)

plagiarism7-990000000004513c.jpg

("Issues – The Workplace Democracy Plan," Friends Of Bernie Sanders, Accessed 7/13/20)

plagiarism8-990000000004513c.jpg

plagiarism9-990000000004513c.jpg

("Issues – Fighting For Disability Rights," Friends Of Bernie Sanders, Accessed 7/13/20)

plagiarism10-990000000004513c.jpg

plagiarism11-990000000004513c.jpg

("Issues – The Right To A Secure Retirement," Friends Of Bernie Sanders, Accessed 7/13/20)

Biden's Newly Released "Build Back Better" Slogan Is Stolen Both In Name And Idea

On July 9, 2020, Biden Announced His Economic Agenda Called "Build Back Better." "Former Vice President Joe Biden, the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee, laid out a key plank of his economic agenda for the country — dubbed 'Build Back Better' — in a half-hour speech Thursday, offering a competing vision of economic nationalism that President Trump has trumpeted in recent years." (Asma Khalid, "Biden Counters Trump's 'America First' With "Build Back Better' Economic Plan," NPR, 7/9/20)

The "Build Back Better" Slogan First Originated In December 2006, When The United Nations Secretary-General's Special Envoy For Tsunami Recovery, Former President Bill Clinton, Issued A Report Titled "Key Propositions For Building Back Better." "In December 2006, on the second anniversary of the 2004 Indian Ocean Tsunami, the United Nations Secretary-General's Special Envoy for Tsunami Recovery, former US President William Clinton, issued a report titled 'Key Propositions for Building Back Better.' Since then 'build back better' (BBB) has become the mantra of post-disaster reconstruction programs." (Glenn Fernandez, "'Build Back Better' Approach To Disaster Recovery: Research Trends Since 2006," Science Direct, 5/19)

Joe Biden is the biggest political puppet and fraud in US history. It’s really not a close race. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

More Republicans call for George Santos to resign over lies and fabrications

848487bddc175d3da70b90b44423e539

Win McNamee

Sahil Kapur and Ryan Nobles and Garrett Haake and Haley Talbot and Liz Brown-Kaiser and Kate Santaliz and Zoë Richards and Henry J. Gomez
Thu, January 12, 2023 at 10:56 PM EST

WASHINGTON — House Republicans' calls for Rep. George Santos to resign are growing after state GOP leaders in New York said he should step aside over a slew of lies and fabrications in the biography he ran on in the 2022 midterm election.

Rep. Mike Lawler, R-N.Y., also starting his first term, dropped his earlier hedging and unequivocally said Thursday that Santos should resign.

“It is clear that George Santos has lost the confidence and support of his party, his constituents, and his colleagues. With the extent and severity of the allegations against him, his inability to take full responsibility for his conduct and the numerous investigations underway, I believe he is unable to fulfill his duties and should resign," Lawler said in a statement.

GOP Rep. Max Miller of Ohio cited Santos' remarks about being Jewish in calling for him to resign. Santos presented himself as Jewish during his congressional campaigns, but recently told The New York Post, “I never claimed to be Jewish.”

“It is not okay to fabricate or lie for political gain. This is especially true when the lie seeks benefit from the murder of millions of Jewish people," Miller, who is Jewish, said in a statement Thursday night. "I do not believe George Santos can effectively serve and should resign.”

Rep. Nancy Mace, R-S.C., said earlier Thursday that Santos "should resign," one day after she deferred to the Ethics Committee to investigate him in a process she said could take weeks or months.

"It is a problem for us in Congress because the American people, they don’t trust anybody. They think all politicians lie, and there are good guys among us who are trying to do the right thing," Mace said on MSNBC's Morning Joe. "He should resign, but obviously, he won’t."

Santos insisted Thursday he won't resign "until those same 142,000 people" in New York who elected him "tell me they don’t want me." (The New York board of elections shows that 145,824 voters supported him in November).

And Speaker Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., is not calling on him to quit.

“He’s got a long way to go to earn trust, but the one thing I do know is you apply the Constitution equal to all Americans,” McCarthy told reporters Thursday. “The voters of his district have elected him. He is seated. He is part of the Republican Conference. There are concerns with him, so he will go before Ethics. If anything is found to be wrong, he will be held accountable exactly as anybody else in this body would be.”

Santos presents a political dilemma for Republicans. National news about his various deceptions have tarnished his image and created embarrassment for a party that doesn't want to be defined by him. In New York, the GOP over-performed expectations in the midterm election and picked up four House seats. But McCarthy is overseeing a wafer-thin majority, with no more than four votes to lose before needing Democratic votes to pass legislation, and Santos has so far proved to be a reliable vote for him.

Santos flipped a Democratic-held seat on Long Island. If he resigns, it could be up for grabs again in a special election.

Republican Rep. Brandon Williams, who represents a swing district in upstate New York, said Wednesday he agrees with Nassau Republicans’ calls for Santos to step aside.

“He must resign,” Williams said in a statement, citing “biographical exaggerations and apparent deceptions.”

Some Republicans are hedging on Santos, expressing concerns about him but stopping short of calling on him to quit.

That includes first-term Rep. Marc Molinaro of New York.

"I don’t think there’s any way he can possibly perform his duty. But the man’s got to be honest with himself and his constituents and it’s just clear to me that he can’t do his job," Molinaro told reporters on Thursday.

And on Wednesday, Rep. Brian Fitzpatrick, R-Pa., a co-chair of the bipartisan Problem Solvers Caucus, said Santos deserves the due process of an investigation before being forced to resign, even though he argued that the congressman's "conduct was egregious."

“I don’t think he should be here, that’s for sure. But there’s a process in place that has to apply equally to all members of both parties in both chambers," Fitzpatrick said on MSNBC. "We should just have an expedited review.”

Former GOP House Speaker Paul Ryan calls on Rep. George Santos to resign: 'This isn't an embellished candidacy, it's a fraudulent candidacy'

Taiyler Simone Mitchell
Thu, January 12, 2023 at 9:26 PM EST

George Santos

U.S. Rep.-elect George Santos (R-NY) watches proceedings during the fourth day of elections for Speaker of the House at the U.S. Capitol Building on January 06, 2023 in Washington, DC.Anna Moneymaker/Getty Images
  • Rep. George Santos lied about key details of his life, education, and background.

• Former GOP House Speaker Paul Ryan told CNN's Jake Tapper that Santos should resign.

• "I can't imagine the guy is going to stay very long," Ryan told Tapper.

Former GOP House Speaker Paul Ryan doesn't believe Rep. George Santos of New York will be able to hold onto his seat in the House of Representatives.

Before the midterm elections, The North Shore Leader published a story questioning Santos's source of income and real estate holdings. And Before being sworn into Congress last week, The New York Times published a report revealing that he fabricated a large chunk of his resume. Reports continued to trickle out revealing he was dishonest about his life experiences, background, and more.

The revelations have led to calls for his resignation.

Ryan, who decided not to seek reelection in 2018 after serving as House Speaker, was asked about Santos by CNN's Jake Tapper on Thursday.

"Congressman George Santos, he's lied about apparently everything on his resumé," Tapper said to Ryan Capping off a 12-minute interview. "At least six House Republicans have said he should resign, including five New York Republicans. Do you agree?"

"Sure, I agree," Ryan responded. "My guess is they'll probably let the Ethics Committee run its course."

Reps. Daniel Goldman and Ritchie Torres of New York filed an official complaint to the House Ethics committee seeking an investigation into Santos, The New York Times reported Tuesday.

"It's a fraudulent candidacy. This isn't an embellished candidacy, it's a fraudulent candidacy," Ryan added. "He hoaxed his voters. So, of course, he should step down."

Santos is the subject of campaign-finance-related complaints and is under investigation by New York prosecutors. He is also being investigated in Brazil on allegations that he used stolen checks. Still, Santos has made it clear on multiple occasions that he has no interest in stepping down.

"He doesn't strike me as an honorable person, though. I don't know the guy," Ryan said before the close of the interview. "I can't imagine the guy is going to stay very long."

Santos did not immediately respond to Insider's request for comment.

This is getting better by the day....who the hell is he?!

INSIDER

Video shows George Santos calling himself Anthony Devolder at a 2019 event, raising questions about his name

Alia Shoaib
Sat, January 14, 2023 at 7:45 AM EST

George Santos in congress

Rep. George Santos waits for the start of a session in the House chamber.Alex Brandon/AP Photo
  • Rep. George Santos introduced himself as Anthony Devolder in a recently surfaced video from 2019.

• Videos and social media posts reveal Santos previously used the names George Devolder and Anthony Devolder.

• The revelations have prompted questions about the congressman's use of multiple names.

A recently surfaced video clip from 2019 shows Rep. George Santos introducing himself as Anthony Devolder, prompting questions about why the congressman has previously gone by different names.

In the video posted by the Twitter account Patriot Takes, Santos addresses a panel during an event in New York City featuring conservative commentators who are part of the LGBTQ community.

"My name is Anthony Devolder. I'm a New York City resident. I've recently founded a group called United for Trump, so if you guys want to follow, that would be awesome," Santos says.

In the video, Santos addresses Brandon Straka, a self-described former liberal who launched the Walk Away campaign to encourage Democrats to leave the party and calls him an "idol to all of us."

He then directs a question to Straka and fellow panelist transgender YouTuber Blaire White about educating transgender people away from "the narrative that the media and the Democrats put forward."

The New York congressman has admitted to lying about his college and work history and has previously listed his full name as George Anthony Devolder Santos.

However, his full legal name cannot be confirmed as his birth certificate has not been made public, and it is not clear why he has gone by multiple variations of that name.

Other resurfaced clips and social media posts reveal that Santos had gone by the names Anthony Devolder and George Devolder until as recently as 2020.

He ran for Congress in New York for the first time in 2020 under the name George Santos before losing to the Democratic incumbent Thomas Suozzi.

In a video taken during his 2020 campaign, also shared by Patriot Takes, a speaker introducing him expresses confusion about why he changed his name from Anthony Devolder to George Santos.

CNN also uncovered social media posts from 2020 in which Santos goes by the name George Devolder.

Washington Post

New details link George Santos to cousin of sanctioned Russian oligarch

e232cba0-9306-11ed-afae-b629d32fbfd5

UNITED STATES - JANUARY 12: Rep. George Santos, R-N.Y., is seen in the U.S. Capitol on Thursday, January 12, 2023. (Tom Williams/CQ-Roll Call, Inc via Getty Images) (Tom Williams via Getty Images)

Isaac Stanley-Becker and Rosalind S. Helderman
Mon, January 16, 2023 at 7:59 AM EST

George Santos, the freshman Republican congressman from New York who lied about his biography, has deeper ties than previously known to a businessman who cultivated close links with a onetime Trump confidant and who is the cousin of a sanctioned Russian oligarch, according to video footage and court documents.

Andrew Intrater and his wife each gave the maximum $5,800 to Santos' main campaign committee and tens of thousands more since 2020 to committees linked to him, according to filings with the Federal Election Commission. Intrater's cousin is Russian billionaire Viktor Vekselberg, who has been sanctioned by the U.S. government for his role in the Russian energy industry.

The relationship between Santos and Intrater goes beyond campaign contributions, according to a statement made privately by Santos in 2020 and a court filing the following year in a lawsuit brought by the Securities and Exchange Commission against a Florida-based investment firm, Harbor City Capital, where Santos worked for more than a year-

Taken together, the evidence suggests Santos may have had a business relationship with Intrater as Santos was first entering politics in 2020. It also shows, according to the SEC filing, that Intrater put hundreds of thousands of dollars into Santos' onetime employer, Harbor City, which was accused by regulators of running a Ponzi scheme. Neither Santos nor Intrater responded to requests for comment. Attorneys who have represented Intrater also did not respond.

The congressman, whose election from Long Island last year helped the GOP secure its narrow House majority, has apologized for what he called "résumé embellishment" while rebuffing calls for his resignation. He is under scrutiny by prosecutors in New York and Rio de Janeiro.

Ties between Santos, 34, and Intrater, 60, reflect the ways Santos found personal and political support on his path to public office.

While Intrater is a U.S. citizen, his company, the investment firm Columbus Nova, has historically had extensive ties to the business interests of his Russian cousin. As recently as 2018, when Vekselberg was sanctioned by the Treasury Department, his conglomerate was Columbus Nova's largest client, the company confirmed to The Post that year.

Intrater's interactions in 2016 and 2017 with Michael Cohen, who at the time was working as a lawyer for Donald Trump, were probed during special counsel Robert S. Mueller III's investigation of Russian interference in the 2016 election and possible links between Trump and the Kremlin.

Intrater's company paid the lawyer and self-described Trump fixer to identify deals for his business, and court records show they exchanged hundreds of texts and phone calls. Neither Intrater nor Vekselberg was accused of wrongdoing in Mueller's investigation.

In 2020, when Santos was tasked by Harbor City with locating investors in New York, he claimed in a Harbor City meeting held over Zoom that Intrater's investment firm, Columbus Nova, was a "client" of his, according to footage obtained by The Washington Post.

He made the comment during a discussion of the difficulties of residential real estate investing, in particular for investors who put money into the 1,400-foot tall tower at 432 Park Avenue in Manhattan, which for a time was the tallest residential building in the world. Intrater did not respond to a question about whether he or Columbus Nova was involved in the project.

"You might know who they are," Santos added in the company meeting, referring to Columbus Nova. "They've made the news on several occasions. They were heavily involved with the Russia probe. Unjustified."

"But they're a real estate company," Santos added. "They're legitimate."

Santos did not respond to a text message seeking comment. Intrater did not respond to an emailed question about whether his firm was Santos's client as claimed or about the deposit with Harbor City.

The congressman has falsified substantial aspects of his work experience. And, in the Harbor City Zoom meetings reviewed by The Post, he recounted dealings with other prominent investors or moneyed organizations that those entities denied took place.

But Harbor City was able to land a $625,000 deposit from a company registered in Mississippi that identifies Intrater as its lone officer, according to an exhibit included in the SEC's complaint against Harbor City. The alleged deposit, which is undated, is included in a chart that lists several entities that the SEC says made payments to Harbor City.

The Mississippi company, FEA Innovations, is registered to Intrater, according to secretary of state records. Registration documents include no other officers or directors and identify Intrater's address as the same one used by Columbus Nova on Madison Avenue in Manhattan. Columbus Nova is now known as Sparrow Capital.

In the SEC action, initiated in April 2021, regulators accused Harbor City and its founder of running a "classic Ponzi scheme" - promising investors reliable profit and instead bilking them out of millions.

The SEC complaint did not name Santos, who has denied knowledge of the alleged wrongdoing, although he had been told by a prospective investor that the firm was using a fraudulent bank document, as The Post previously reported.

Harbor City's founder, J.P. Maroney, has denied the SEC allegations, which were brought in federal court in Florida. The company itself has not responded in court. Maroney did not respond to a text message about the alleged deposit from Intrater's firm. The exhibit that identifies the alleged deposit from Intrater's company does not elaborate on its purpose or suggest that Intrater had knowledge of purported wrongdoing at Harbor City.

After Harbor City's assets were frozen, and with assistance from a fellow former Harbor City employee, Santos in 2021 formed a company, the Devolder Organization, that paid him at least $3.5 million over the next two years, according to Florida business records and financial disclosure forms he filed as a candidate. Santos loaned his campaign more than $700,000 but did not report any income from Harbor City despite having been paid by the company as recently as April 2021.

Details of Santos's tenure at Harbor City were confirmed by a court-appointed lawyer overseeing liquidation of the company's assets.

Columbus Nova became a subject of interest for the Mueller investigation as prosecutors probed the ties forged by Intrater and his company with Cohen, a confidant of Trump's at the time.

Intrater donated $250,000 to Trump's inaugural committee, according to campaign finance records, and attended the 2017 inaugural, along with Vekselberg. The Washington Post has reported that the two men encountered Cohen at the inauguration. Not long after, Columbus Nova began paying Cohen as part of a contract to recruit new investors for the company, The Post reported. Court records show the payments totaled $583,000.

Court records also show that Cohen and Intrater exchanged more than 1,000 calls and text messages between November 2016 and November 2017. Intrater donated $35,000 to attend a 2017 fundraiser for Trump's reelection, attending at Cohen's invitation, The Post has reported.

Federal officials questioned both Intrater and Vekselberg during the probe, interviewing the latter after his private airplane made a stop in the United States in 2018, people familiar with the investigation said.

Cohen ultimately pleaded guilty to campaign finance violations, tax and bank fraud and lying to Congress - matters unrelated to his interactions with Columbus Nova. Intrater told the New York Times in 2019 that his omission from Mueller's final report "confirms what I knew all along - that I've done nothing wrong."

Cohen later turned on Trump, criticizing him in a 2019 congressional hearing and cooperating with investigations into his former boss' business practices.

Vekselberg and his company, Renova, were sanctioned by the Treasury Department in April 2018, cited for benefiting from Russian President Vladimir Putin's "malign activity around the globe." In April 2022, following Russia's invasion of Ukraine, Vekselberg's $90 million yacht was seized by Spanish authorities at the request of the United States.

Columbus Nova has long been described as closely associated with the Renova Group, a Russian conglomerate run by Vekselberg. As recently as 2017, a website for Renova Group listed Columbus Nova as one of its companies, and Columbus Nova confirmed to The Post in 2018 that Vekselberg's conglomerate was at that time its largest client. However, the firm said at the time that it was owned by Americans and had never been controlled by Renova Group or Vekselberg.

May be an image of 1 person and text that says '"It was an honor to be the first man on the moon." George Santos NASA WILLIAMS ELFMAN'

• Haha 1