Make your picks NFC and AFC title games.

HooverOutlaw

41 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

I'm worried that Philadelphia will match their physicality and athleticism and that it'll come down to QB play and that Hurts will outplay Purdy. 

I hope I'm wrong.

I think the Niners linebacker corp will be the difference. You have three players that can cover like DB’s and play like defensive ends when needed. Purdy could have a field day with the middle of the field when the Eagles stack the box. The biggest mistake people are making is that Hurts can’t screw up, he’s a young QB with the same amount of playoff experience as Purdy (2 playoff games) so who’s to say he can’t have some deer in the headlights moments.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

I'm worried that Philadelphia will match their physicality and athleticism and that it'll come down to QB play and that Hurts will outplay Purdy. 

I hope I'm wrong.

Philly is solid on both lines . A typical Shanihann script is to just run and control the clock, kick a fg or punt on 4th and 1, and rely on defense to hold the fort .  Hurts is a danger because he is very capable of running and they like to utilise that . This season Shannihan started to open it up, even with jimmy g . Before the playoffs I heard a comment by him that he was going to reign in Purdy  and play it more conservative . Playing not to lose rather than playing to win . So I agree with your assessment that it comes down to qb play . Shannihan has to let Purdy do his thing and light it up with the passing game and not to panic if there is an interception or 2 . Remember the niners first NFC championship game vs Dallas . Niners beat them even  with 6 or 7 to's that game, 2 of them coming from Montana interception's in the end zone . 

• Like 1

On 1/25/2023 at 11:58 AM, Belly Bob said:

Is that a vote for the home team, or do you think the Niners are the better team?

Although it’s as about as close as it can get, the Niners are just better top to bottom. Niners have more experienced players and coaches. They’ve got multiple all-pro dudes in every unit. The Eagles aren’t short of impact players themselves though just to be clear.  The wild card is Hurts vs Purdy. Can Purdy do what he’s been doing for a 2 months now…on the road in Philly against arguably the best regular season team? Can Hurts do Hurts stuff against by far clearly the best defense in the league? The good news is that the weather looks to be great. We’ll get to see these two teams totally go at it.

27-17 Niners.

• Like 3