Georgia QB Stetson Bennett arrested in Texas 😒

SeaShells21

Georgia QB arrested on public intoxication charge in North Texas, police say

The arrest happened around 6 a.m. Sunday on Tribeca Way in Old East Dallas, according to police.
Author: Rebecca Lopez, WFAA Staff
Published: 9:26 AM CST January 29, 2023
Updated: 9:40 AM CST January 29, 2023

DALLAS — Stetson Bennett, the former Georgia quarterback who just led the Bulldogs to a second straight national championship, was arrested on a charge of public intoxication early Sunday morning in Dallas, police confirmed to WFAA.

The arrest happened around 6 a.m. Sunday in the 1600 block of Tribeca Way in Old East Dallas, according to police.

Officers responded to reports of a man banging on doors in the area, police said.

When the officers arrived, they found Bennett "and determined he was intoxicated," a police news release said.

The release did not say if Bennett was the man reportedly banging on doors, and it did not say where, specifically, they located him.

Bennett, 25, was arrested and taken to a city detention center. He was released from custody shortly before 11 a.m., WFAA confirmed.

More information about his arrest was not released.

WFAA has reached out to University of Georgia officials Sunday morning for more information.

Bennett, who was a senior this past season, led Georgia to a 65-7 win over TCU in the College Football Playoff National Championship Game in Los Angeles earlier this month.

Bennett also led the Bulldogs to a national title win over Alabama the previous season.

Bennett is projected to be selected in the upcoming NFL Draft after a stellar career in Athens. He was a walk on for the Bulldogs in 2017, before leaving for junior college and then returning on scholarship -- winning back-to-back titles. 

This is a developing story. Check back for more information as it becomes available.

• SeaShells21 changed the title to Georgia QB Stetson Bennett arrested in Texas 😒
11 hours ago, SeaShells21 said:

With everything going for him, it would be a shame to see him screw up his reputation before he even gets into the league.

I heard some Horned Frogs kidnapped him and made him consume alcohol and drove him to old East Dallas and dropped his ass off.  That will teach him to beat a Texas team then come to this part of Texas

😀

• Haha 5

16 minutes ago, FreeBird said:

To be fair he was drunk but wasn’t driving , guys older then Tom Brady, I think he deserves a drink, definitely gonna be a another red flag for draft day, but I don’t think this incident is that bad unless im missing something 

In his case, it’s not to bad, not much was expected of his professional career in the first place. 

17 hours ago, Bormio said:

5th to 7th.  Yawn

maybe Eric Ainge was right…

For the record....

Eric Ainge ain't never been right a day in his life.

I don't see the big deal.  Stetson bangs on some doors after having a few too many.

Shit...he's a frigging choir boy !!!!

Rufus>>

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DevilDog said:

That inebriated Bulldog was going around knocking on doors at 2 a.m.  this is Texas.  He's lucky we aren't having a much worse conversation due to his actions.  

I agree.  It could have been 72-7.  Or maybe even 75-7.

Kirby called off the Dawgs.  Kirby took Stetson out.  But then the backups scored twice.  It could have been a whole lot worse for Dallas/Fort Worth.

Rufus>>

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Did any of yall expect him to be be sought after NFL wise anyway? 

Personally, I didn't. 

Also... EX-UGA qb. He played his last game already. xD

I have heard that he was the best quarterback since Tom Brady 🤷🏻‍♀️ I expected him to be drafted number 1 and win 7 super-bowls by 2030.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, SeaShells21 said:

I have heard that he was the best quarterback since Tom Brady 🤷🏻‍♀️ I expected him to be drafted number 1 and win 7 super-bowls by 2030.

2030 stenson Bennett will be 50 years old, he’ll get drafted by Dallas and will be out of league by third year of contract 

• Haha 3