Memphis police

Wildcat Will

Exactly as has been said, blacks have to worry about the cops, no matter their color and the community has more to worry about from cops of color than they do white cops. This is another fact of living black that is out of mind to those that are not black. 

This incident serves as a reminder and a warning. A reminder that the badge is not here to protect and serve the community and a warning to the youth that the badge is not their friend.

Stay away from them, out of their way. Until a change comes in training, through whatever means, no police officer should be sent on a mental health emergency, they should only be dispatched in pairs with a supervisor aware of CAD info, not allowed to drink energy drinks on duty, establish new guidelines for less enforcement of civil issues, with a remade policy of law enforcement, not feelings enforcement, to prevent confrontations. Require officers to be explanatory of laws related to reason for contact.

This man died at the hands of the "elite" squad of cops. Now, that entity is no more, as it appears it was another of those gangs that operated with impunity, unleashing terror on the citizens of the city.

Atlanta once had their ' Red Dog Unit" and Dekalb had their "Black Cats." Both disbanded because of continued complaints from the community concerning bad cops, abusing their power.

I say redistribute the funds to address the needs of public safety. There is such a need that given attention, funding and other resources, it could have an impact whereas the effect on the shifting of funds would clearly be justified.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wildcat Will said:

This incident serves as a reminder and a warning. A reminder that the badge is not here to protect and serve the community and a warning to the youth that the badge is not their friend.

Stay away from them, out of their way. ↳

No, it doesn't.

It's a reminder that there are bad cops like there are bad teachers and bad coaches and bad doctors etc.

You sound like the racists in the comment sections of news stories of young black men who commit violent crimes. "Here's another reminder: stay away from the 13%." 

• Thanks 3

7 hours ago, Wildcat Will said:

Exactly as has been said, blacks have to worry about the cops, no matter their color and the community has more to worry about from cops of color than they do white cops. This is another fact of living black that is out of mind to those that are not black.  ↳

Until a change comes in training, ↳

Is it racism or bad training that explains why Black people have to worry about the cops, especially Black cops?

27 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

No, it doesn't.

It's a reminder that there are bad cops like there are bad teachers and bad coaches and bad doctors etc.

You sound like the racists in the comment sections of news stories of young black men who commit violent crimes. "Here's another reminder: stay away from the 13%." 

I wonder if Willie thinks that black-on-black violence and murder would increase or decrease if the not-your-friend cops were to go away.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Belly Bob said:

No, it doesn't.

Yes it is a reminder. As in your other examples, many parents mistrust public education so they homeschool instead, ppl mistrust traditional western medicine so they instead turn to holistic alternatives. His comment is right in line with others that take action to protect themselves and their best interest.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Wildcat Will said:

Exactly as has been said, blacks have to worry about the cops, no matter their color and the community has more to worry about from cops of color than they do white cops. This is another fact of living black that is out of mind to those that are not black. 

Stay away from them, out of their way. Until a change comes in training, through whatever means, no police officer should be sent on a mental health emergency, they should only be dispatched in pairs with a supervisor aware of CAD info, not allowed to drink energy drinks on duty, establish new guidelines for less enforcement of civil issues, with a remade policy of law enforcement, not feelings enforcement, to prevent confrontations. Require officers to be explanatory of laws related to reason for contact.

This man died at the hands of the "elite" squad of cops. Now, that entity is no more, as it appears it was another of those gangs that operated with impunity, unleashing terror on the citizens of the city.

Atlanta once had their ' Red Dog Unit" and Dekalb had their "Black Cats." Both disbanded because of continued complaints from the community concerning bad cops, abusing their power.

I say redistribute the funds to address the needs of public safety. There is such a need that given attention, funding and other resources, it could have an impact whereas the effect on the shifting of funds would clearly be justified.

Maybe if cops weren’t in fear of being ambushed all the time they wouldn’t be so batshit crazy, idk food for thought 

1 hour ago, Horsefly said:

Yes it is a reminder. As in your other examples, many parents mistrust public education so they homeschool instead, ppl mistrust traditional western medicine so they instead turn to holistic alternatives. His comment is right in line with others that take action to protect themselves and their best interest.

I guess the racists in the comment sections of news stories about young black men who commit violent crimes are correct then.

Many people do think that way and take action to protect themselves. 

Just now, Belly Bob said:

I guess the racists in the comment sections of news stories about young black men who commit violent crimes are correct then.

Stop being provocative.  Just as in the examples I referenced, do you compare a person that doesn’t trust public education to a racist?  How about ones that don’t trust western medicine and avoid it at all costs, are they compared to a racist in their position?

Policing has always had a negative relationship with the black community, especially in the south. Who do you think enforced the racist segregation laws and Jim Crow?    

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

do you compare a person that doesn’t trust public education to a racist?  How about ones that don’t trust western medicine and avoid it at all costs, are they compared to a racist in their position?

First, I was rejecting the hasty generalization made @Wildcat Will. Then I was rejecting your appeal to popular opinion.

If a person keeps her kids home bc of news stories about abusive teachers, then I'd say she's making the same mistake that many racists make.

18 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

First, I was rejecting the hasty generalization made @Wildcat Will. Then I was rejecting your appeal to popular opinion.

If a person keeps her kids home bc of news stories about abusive teachers, then I'd say she's making the same mistake that many racists make.

No, people are using their personal experiences and overall info to make decisions for themselves. The legacy of mistrust of the policing is longstanding.   Again I ask, who do you think enforced racist segregation laws and Jim Crow in this country? 

(personally, I think having a cynical pov is what makes one question a process and to fight for change, regardless of what the issue is.) 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

Genetic fallacy.

See the Democratic Party. 

Let's not make it more longstanding still.

What fallacy? 

do you know my personal experience or others experience with policing? 

how do examples like tyre’s murder help close the gap in trust? (And it’s not like this is the first egregious act by police) 

When was policing nationally reformed in this country to close the mistrust gap? What were those policy changes? 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

What fallacy? What was your family’s experience with segregation and policing?

As a straight white Christian male in 2023, I can tell you that I understand the hardships that minorities had to endure from the 60’s and back. I am always weary of being attacked for being 4 of the worst features in society. Everytime i have to fill something out for me or my children and it asks for my race, so much anxiety fills my body because I know that of check “white” or “Caucasian” that I will be ineligible for whatever I am applying for. 

With the statistics the way they are, and white people being killed by police by more than double the next race, I teach my kids that even though police brutality is a myth perpetuated by bad faith left wing actors, you should always be respectful and comply. 

C8A69280-0869-480D-AD93-F3D2755C4F75.jpeg

• Sad 1

49 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

As a straight white Christian male in 2023, I can tell you that I understand the hardships that minorities had to endure from the 60’s and back. I am always weary of being attacked for being 4 of the worst features in society. Everytime i have to fill something out for me or my children and it asks for my race, so much anxiety fills my body because I know that of check “white” or “Caucasian” that I will be ineligible for whatever I am applying for. 

With the statistics the way they are, and white people being killed by police by more than double the next race, I teach my kids that even though police brutality is a myth perpetuated by bad faith left wing actors, you should always be respectful and comply. 

C8A69280-0869-480D-AD93-F3D2755C4F75.jpeg

You live in a white majority country whose system was set up in place to advance the white majority. No you don’t have the same experience as minorities in Jim Crow 60s.  Your problem is you are low functioning and can’t navigate a system that’s generally to your adv. 

now produce the police killing stats by percentage. Regardless, we have the highest police murder rate of all industrialized countries, but somehow you think that’s ok.  Smh

87F81A39-0B00-4282-BDB4-82861AF6C62A.png

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, FreeBird said:

Y’all are comical, even this black on black crime somehow u deranged folk made it out to be the white mans fault 🤣 

The black cops were just perpetuating white supremacy. Killing black people (apparently) is only reserved for white people (even though 95 percent of blacks are killed by other blacks). By killing this person, the black cops are essentially white supremacists, because only white supremacists kill black people. 

Try and keep up 

12 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

The black cops were just perpetuating white supremacy. Killing black people (apparently) is only reserved for white people (even though 95 percent of blacks are killed by other blacks). By killing this person, the black cops are essentially white supremacists, because only white supremacists kill black people. 

Try and keep up 

Policing in America was partially developed from slave patrols and then used to uphold americas apartheid system for almost a 100 years. That’s America’s reality.  There have always been those blacks that ignorantly helped perpetrate WS, from slavery to segregation to acts like this in 2023

similar to Jewish Kapos in WWII (helping an oppressor, oppress their own ppl) 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Policing in America was partially developed from slave patrols and then used to uphold americas apartheid system for almost a 100 years. That’s America’s reality.  There have always been those blacks that ignorantly helped perpetrate WS, from slavery to segregation to acts like this in 2023

similar to Jewish Kapos in WWII (helping an oppressor, oppress their own ppl) 

Idk about you but policing by me is to keep community safe and deter all crime

maybe it’s just different here idk 🤷‍♀️ 

26 minutes ago, FreeBird said:

Idk about you but policing by me is to keep community safe and deter all crime

maybe it’s just different here idk 🤷‍♀️ 

I grew up in a predominantly middle/upper middle class community. We had a lot of kids and a few parents who used and distributed drugs.  Guess how many of them had their doors busted opened or were arrested?  0!  (I live in one now, kids attended predominantly white schools and drug use was very common without aggressive or very limited policing and arrests) 

the system is corrupted and they target the underprivileged because it’s convenient and easy with little to no resistance.

Now, I do like what Camden did with community policing.  How has that worked out? 

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Belly Bob said:

No, it doesn't.

You are not the arbiter of what affects those not under your roof. You are not living black so I know you have no knowledge of living black.t

The daily black experience, that is experienced each and every day, is foreign to you. Your expression or understanding is flawed, given you have no practical, lived knowledge of the subject.

What I do is make the youth aware of the pitfalls awaiting them in reality. There is no illusion of that for us, the older generation. We have lived it and are aware that our kids now face what we did years ago only in a different fashion.

I will make every effort to educate our youth to every scheme, dog whistle,  and recognized effort to harm them in this present and the future. Mentally, emotionally, financially, or in any other way.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Belly Bob said:

Have you no knowledge of  psychology?

I would assume not, according to your response.

Define it and apply it.

Maybe it will make more sense to you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Horsefly said:

I grew up in a predominantly middle/upper middle class community. We had a lot of kids and a few parents who used and distributed drugs.  Guess how many of them had their doors busted opened or were arrested?  0!  (I live in one now, kids attended predominantly white schools and drug use was very common without aggressive or very limited policing and arrests) 

the system is corrupted and they target the underprivileged because it’s convenient and easy with little to no resistance.

Now, I do like what Camden did with community policing.  How has that worked out? 

There is a need to be understanding of zip code knowledge.

• Like 1

Shills like Willie are a cancer.  They scream "Shut up whitey, what do you know?" and then work their damnedest to create false narratives that exacerbate problems and conflicts.

skeptic-survey-__-720x516-s.jpg

It would helpful, for example, if folks knew that the answer to the above query is somewhere between 10 and 30, depending on the source you use.

Assclowns like Willie work overtime to foster perceptions that have huge percentages of liberal Americans believing the real answer is over 1,000 (or even in the neighborhood of 10,000 or more!). Result? Increased mistrust. Increased conflict. Increased violence. Over narratives that are lies.

6 hours ago, Belly Bob said:

Who are you to categorize someone's choice, which they made for the betterment of themselves or love ones, as a mistake?

This is your problem here. You think you have that authority. That is part of your white privilege showing. Unrecognized by you but glaring in this situation to me.

• Like 1