Memphis police

Wildcat Will

6 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Let's look at what my Hero had to say

Early on in “Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass,” the first of three autobiographies Douglass wrote over his lifetime, he recounts what happened—or, perhaps more accurately, what didn’t happen—after his master, Thomas Auld, became a Christian believer at a Methodist camp meeting. Douglass had harbored the hope that Auld’s conversion, in August, 1832, might lead him to emancipate his slaves, or at least “make him more kind and humane.” Instead, Douglass writes, “If it had any effect on his character, it made him more cruel and hateful in all his ways.” Auld was ostentatious about his piety—praying “morning, noon, and night,” participating in revivals, and opening his home to travelling preachers—but he used his faith as license to inflict pain and suffering upon his slaves. “I have seen him tie up a lame young woman, and whip her with a heavy cowskin upon her naked shoulders, causing the warm red blood to drip; and, in justification of the bloody deed, he would quote this passage of Scripture—‘He that knoweth his master’s will, and doeth it not, shall be beaten with many stripes,’ ” Douglass writes. Douglass is so scornful about Christianity in his memoir that he felt a need to append an explanation clarifying that he was not an opponent of all religion. 

Jesus talks both about those who act pious in public but who are wicked in private -- he called them hypocrites -- and also about the virtue of forgiveness.

So many human problems are grounded in the inability or unwillingness of human beings to forgive. 

11 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

Well, now it all makes more sense.

You have a hatred for Christianity. 

I'd encourage you to distinguish between the faith as such and how it has been misused at times. 

So did Douglass hate it or expose the hypocrisy .  The faith was rooted in brainwashing and submission.  

5 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Does she hate christianity ↳

We are now in full-blown whataboutism.

That's not you, remember?

👇

On 2/4/2023 at 12:13 PM, DevilDog said:

Yet you are flabbergasted at my mindset and will whatabout the hell out of it.  How can I expect people with this nonsense to understand anything to do with another's reality?

Since we are surmising.  You have a hatred of Black people.  See how that works. 😁

No, I don't see how that works.

Do you not have the same scorn for Christianity as your hero?

👇

35 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Let's look at what my Hero had to say

Douglass is so scornful about Christianity in his memoir that he felt a need to append an explanation clarifying that he was not an opponent of all religion. 

Your boldface, not mine.

I will assure You I care less for your views as you do mind.    I use historically deceit.  So why would I expect a difference?  To hell with White Jesus and the mindsets he fostered.  Jesus was not a Christian to begin with.  His murders created that faith.  The Roman's who lynched him.  I love Hebrew Jesus. I really do. But not the one from a 80s rock band.  One of the characteristics of living in a hot climate is curly hair an evolutionary adaption to deal with the sun as is darker skin.  Closer to the sun the darker the skin and tighter curls.  No he wouldn't have stringy hair nor white skin.  That's just damn nutty.  What's funny other than the Douglass post I used references of white people.  That's what's hilarious.  Your Bible was a reference to Bible of King James. A Homosexual man that was at the head of the British slave trade.  Only a fool would expect you to love something that was given to you as an oppression and subjugation.   .

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FreeBird said:

Everyone’s religion is shit, who is anyone to tell u that thier religion is the right one, just like governments every religion has a checkered past, just something to make you feel better when you or some one die, y’all need to stop living in past, it’s 2023 for Christ sake

Why not take this as a learning opportunity? A chance to enhance your knowledge on subjects you know nothing of. Don't disparage those willing to gather info from those that know.

Remember, you only know what you know.

Imagine you were enslaved.  Given the African religion Vodun and forced to worship him in servitude. All images is a black God and your submission.  400 years of this.  

There is no damn way you would walk in a white church 500 years later and they would still follow that servitude faith.

But you magically think others hate your Christianity.  It's hilarious.   Black people are the most spiritual people on earth.  

Your Bible was a reference to Bible of King James. A Homosexual man that was at the head of the British slave trade. 

That's not my Bible.

I wouldn't judge the value of a translation based on the sexual orientation or political office of the person who was its patron. That seems like a fairly obvious mistake.

Just now, Belly Bob said:

That's not my Bible.

I wouldn't judge the value of a translation based on the sexual orientation or political office of the person who was its patron. That seems like a fairly obvious mistake.

We agree I dont value it nor him.  He was a great enslaver though. They even named a Town and rived after Queen James

4 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Imagine you were enslaved.  Given the African religion Vodun and forced to worship him in servitude. All images is a black God and your submission.  400 years of this.  

There is no damn way you would walk in a white church 500 years later and they would still follow that servitude faith.

But you magically think others hate your Christianity.  It's hilarious. ↳

It makes sense why Douglas would have so much scorn for the faith.

But I'm not sure why you hate it?

(Do you hate it? I still can't tell.)

1 hour ago, Belly Bob said:

No.

So do I post a picture of a light-skinned Egyptian and then ask you whether she's white?

What are we doing? Are we getting any closer to making a point?

You referenced the census as the identifier of race.  It’s the census that defined all middle easterners and n Africans as white.  The argument has been all along that ppl from those regions are all differing hues.