Memphis police

Wildcat Will

6 minutes ago, concha said:

Shills like Willie are a cancer.  They scream "Shut up whitey, what do you know?" and then work their damnedest to create false narratives that exacerbate problems and conflicts.

skeptic-survey-__-720x516-s.jpg

It would helpful, for example, if folks knew that the answer to the above query is somewhere between 10 and 30, depending on the source you use.

Assclowns like Willie work overtime to foster perceptions that have huge percentages of liberal Americans believing the real answer is over 1,000 (or even in the neighborhood of 10,000 or more!). Result? Increased mistrust. Increased conflict. Increased violence. Over narratives that are lies.

Nothing but fact. Your position exposed you............with your own words.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Wildcat Will said:

There is a need to be understanding of zip code knowledge.

Exactly.  As a teenager I spent a few summers with my uncle who lived in Oakland.  At least once every other week there were drug raids on neighboring houses. A few of them turned up nothing. My uncle n them said it was common, and I know they were good people. Just like im sure a few others in those neighborhoods were too. 

if there truly was a war on drugs then there should have been similar raids in white communities. 

I’ve got several head scratching stories like this that can only be described as biased. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Exactly.  As a teenager I spent a few summers with my uncle who lived in Oakland.  At least once every other week there were drug raids on neighboring houses. A few of them turned up nothing. My uncle n them said it was common, and I know they were good people. Just like im sure a few others in those neighborhoods were too. 

if there truly was a war on drugs then there should have been similar raids in white communities. 

I’ve got several head scratching stories like this that can only be described as biased. 

I can understand. Being an athlete, I made friends after bussing and spent time in white neighborhoods. Being from the hood, it was easy to recognize the same things I saw in my hood. No problem though, it was in a different zip code. No worries.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Wildcat Will said:

I can understand. Being an athlete, I made friends after bussing and spent time in white neighborhoods. Being from the hood, it was easy to recognize the same things I saw in my hood. No problem though, it was in a different zip code. No worries.

And the thing is we are talking centuries of biased policing.  

I had a convo with my mom a while back on policing in her southern jim crow town in ark.  (~1950s) As a teen she’d help her mom work cleaning a few houses in the white communities, she said police would come around after work hours and herd the black workers out of the white neighborhoods back into their side of town. (This is their serving and protecting) Stragglers were arrested or beat. 

I was reading the stories of the Little Rock 9 when the fed gov integrated schools and read how quickly the police abandoned their duty to protect n serve the black students and their families. It was pathetic! 

But magically in 2023, in view of recent acts and the history of policing we blacks are to trust them and serenade them with flowers and gratitude.  

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Although, I don’t necessarily disagree with you, but I feel that you’ve overly simplified the common remedies to fix the problem. I assure you that in white neighborhoods in the Bay Area, typically mom and dad’s house isn’t turned into a drug house where addicts can walk up to the door to buy shit. I hate to say it…but it is fairly common in Oakland…especially on the east side. Houses and streets have been turned over to gangs selling junk. It’s 100x worse now than when you were there. That said, plenty of white kids have been busted for selling drugs in suburbia N. Cal…and I’d imagine across the nation as well. So why aren’t you asking yourself as to WHY black neighborhoods and communities have been saddled with oppressive governing…by DEMOCRATS…for over 75 years? Then blame the police for trying to keep order in a war zone? The police (and their occasional aggressiveness) are a symptom of the problem. Not THE problem. Just like drug use is merely a symptom of addiction. Can you tell me with a straight face that black neighborhoods would be better off without cops?…or cops that just let them do whatever the hell that they want, while serving lattes and bagels to all of the dope slangers and all of the bruthas that are killing other bruthas? What’s your solution? A realistic solution? 

27 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

Although, I don’t necessarily disagree with you, but I feel that you’ve overly simplified the common remedies to fix the problem. I assure you that in white neighborhoods in the Bay Area, typically mom and dad’s house isn’t turned into a drug house where addicts can walk up to the door to buy shit. I hate to say it…but it is fairly common in Oakland…especially on the east side. Houses and streets have been turned over to gangs selling junk. It’s 100x worse now than when you were there. That said, plenty of white kids have been busted for selling drugs in suburbia N. Cal…and I’d imagine across the nation as well. So why aren’t you asking yourself as to WHY black neighborhoods and communities have been saddled with oppressive governing…by DEMOCRATS…for over 75 years? Then blame the police for trying to keep order in a war zone? The police (and their occasional aggressiveness) are a symptom of the problem. Not THE problem. Just like drug use is merely a symptom of addiction. Can you tell me with a straight face that black neighborhoods would be better off without cops?…or cops that just let them do whatever the hell that they want and serve lattes and bagels to all of the dope slangers and all of the bruthas that are killing other bruthas? What’s your solution? A realistic solution? 

I lived in those neighborhoods and went to school with those kids and know the parents, right here in Texas at a time when we were heavy into the drug war (80s) suburbs of Dallas Ft worth  

And yes white families used their homes as drug houses. Of course the delivery is different because they didn’t have homeless folks walking up buying drugs.    

Stats back up disparities in arrests b/w racial groups even though usage is the same. (comparison of drug usage to drug arrests between racial groups) 

Cops aren’t the solution to what ails society.  They don’t fix anything.  Mental health, job opportunities,  quality education, proper health, drug addiction counseling/help, reliable public transportation (where needed)  and quality food sources (no food deserts) , all are things that make a community healthy. Policing doesn’t address any of them. 

policing is like the military industrial complex, it’s a deep routed system that has strong economic impacts to investors in that system.  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Horsefly said:

Now, I do like what Camden did with community policing.  How has that worked out? 

Ehhhh,,  community policeing can only go so far that towns problem is the heroin and drug problem, how do you stop the drug dealers and users with community PD,  with the drugs comes the Violent crime, that’s camdens issue, your not gonna fix citys like Camden by being nice

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

And the thing is we are talking centuries of biased policing.  

I had a convo with my mom a while back on policing in her southern jim crow town in ark.  (~1950s) As a teen she’d help her mom work cleaning a few houses in the white communities, she said police would come around after work hours and herd the black workers out of the white neighborhoods back into their side of town. (This is their serving and protecting) Stragglers were arrested or beat. 

I was reading the stories of the Little Rock 9 when the fed gov integrated schools and read how quickly the police abandoned their duty to protect n serve the black students and their families. It was pathetic! 

But magically in 2023, in view of recent acts and the history of policing we blacks are to trust them and serenade them with flowers and gratitude.  

I find it odd that so many know so little. The ignorance level is astounding. Yet when the chance for education presents itself, the willful ignorance, combined with the constant attempts to whitewash history, lead to these very minds inhabiting this board on the opposite side of this issue.

• Like 3

Just now, Wildcat Will said:

I find it odd that so many know so little. The ignorance level is astounding. Yet when the chance for education presents itself, the willful ignorance, combined with the constant attempts to whitewash history, lead to these very minds inhabiting this board on the opposite side of this issue.

True. I post but nothing they say on this topic or others like it convince me. They don’t have the experience or insight. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

Although, I don’t necessarily disagree with you, but I feel that you’ve overly simplified the common remedies to fix the problem. I assure you that in white neighborhoods in the Bay Area, typically mom and dad’s house isn’t turned into a drug house where addicts can walk up to the door to buy shit. I hate to say it…but it is fairly common in Oakland…especially on the east side. Houses and streets have been turned over to gangs selling junk. It’s 100x worse now than when you were there. That said, plenty of white kids have been busted for selling drugs in suburbia N. Cal…and I’d imagine across the nation as well. So why aren’t you asking yourself as to WHY black neighborhoods and communities have been saddled with oppressive governing…by DEMOCRATS…for over 75 years? Then blame the police for trying to keep order in a war zone? The police (and their occasional aggressiveness) are a symptom of the problem. Not THE problem. Just like drug use is merely a symptom of addiction. Can you tell me with a straight face that black neighborhoods would be better off without cops?…or cops that just let them do whatever the hell that they want, while serving lattes and bagels to all of the dope slangers and all of the bruthas that are killing other bruthas? What’s your solution? A realistic solution? 

It was not the Democrats that turned black neighborhoods into hell holes, it was the system, which is ultimately run by white people, because the reps for those hoods are white and white man has always written the law. We know from history that laws have been written to affect the black neighborhood disproportionately.

Think man, think.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FreeBird said:

Ehhhh,,  community policeing can only go so far that towns problem is the heroin and drug problem, how do you stop the drug dealers and users with community PD,  with the drugs comes the Violent crime, that’s camdens issue, your not gonna fix citys like Camden by being nice

No policing is going to fix the problem of drug use.  

How do you think the heroin gets here? How many people in the transportation, border security arena are paid off to make sure drugs come in from South America?  Hell, I’m not convinced circles in our gov aren’t openly complicit. 

if we are going to have these conversations we gotta be real. 

• Like 2

Today, these events can happen in blue cities, with black police chiefs and even black cops. The cities are far more often than not run by Dems for the better part of a lifetime or more.

The story we are asked to believe?

It's all systemic.

Guess fucking what?

1. Democrats - including black Democrats - are and have been "the system" in these places for decades. And guess who keeps pushing fellow blacks to keep trusting them? Shills like our dear pal Willie.
  2. What happened in Memphis is far more in line with the fact that by far the biggest threat to black man in America is another black man. 

30 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

I lived in those neighborhoods and went to school with those kids and know the parents, right here in Texas at a time when we were heavy into the drug war (80s) suburbs of Dallas Ft worth  

And yes white families used their homes as drug houses. Of course the delivery is different because they didn’t have homeless folks walking up buying drugs.    

Stats back up disparities in arrests b/w racial groups even though usage is the same. (comparison of drug usage to drug arrests between racial groups) 

Cops aren’t the solution to what ails society.  They don’t fix anything.  Mental health, job opportunities,  quality education, proper health and food sources, all are things that make a community healthy. Policing doesn’t address any of them. 

policing is like the military industrial complex, it’s a deep routed system that has strong economic impacts to investors in that system.  

Good post. Thanks for sharing. Although, I must disagree that the police “don’t fix anything”, but your point is duly noted and I agree with what you’re saying for the most part. Not sure how much the system in its current configuration helps our plight. That said, I believe that police are necessary…or we go back to the Wild West…which is kinda happening already unfortunately. I’d like to see measurable and REAL changes to the system to get to what you’re talking about. Although, we battle at times. I’m tired of this truly…unnecessary conflict that we have today. I bet that I’m not alone. WE can make a difference…the day that WE can come together is the day that we can make some gains. The left and right love us fighting with each other. Sells their BS. I believe that WE are closer than we might think…and closer than THEY want. Probably why the world is such a shit show today. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

No one called for the removal of the police. It would benefit some hoods to have more alternative uses of funding. More resources for drug intervention. More money for recreational facilities. More educational resources.

You have to look beyond the surface and fight the issues from the root.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, concha said:

Today, these events can happen in blue cities, with black police chiefs and even black cops. The cities are far more often than not run by Dems for the better part of a lifetime or more.

The story we are asked to believe?

It's all systemic.

Guess fucking what?

1. Democrats - including black Democrats - are and have been "the system" in these places for decades. And guess who keeps pushing fellow blacks to keep trusting them? Shills like our dear pal Willie.
  2. What happened in Memphis is far more in line with the fact that by far the biggest threat to black man in America is another black man. 

Not everything is politics.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

Good post. Thanks for sharing. Although, I must disagree that the police “don’t fix anything”, but your point is duly noted and I agree with what you’re saying for the most part. Not sure how much the system in its current configuration helps our plight. That said, I believe that police are necessary…or we go back to the Wild West…which is kinda happening already unfortunately. I’d like to see measurable and REAL changes to the system to get to what you’re talking about. Although, we battle at times. I’m tired of this truly…unnecessary conflict that we have today. I bet that I’m not alone. WE can make a difference…the day that WE can come together is the day that we can make some gains. The left and right love us fighting with each other. Sells their BS. I believe that WE are closer than we might think…and closer than THEY want. 

Well what societal problem do they fix? 

im not saying police aren’t needed at all, but some level of reform is required to ensure full public trust and accountability.

conflict brings change, sooner or later things will be corrected. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Wildcat Will said:

It was not the Democrats that turned black neighborhoods into hell holes, it was the system, which is ultimately run by white people, because the reps for those hoods are white and white man has always written the law. We know from history that laws have been written to affect the black neighborhood disproportionately.

Think man, think.

We DO think. I could ask the same to you. But white (and black) LIBERALS have made black communities what they are. I get it, it was a “system” at one point, but now major urban areas have been run and ruined by dems for decades. At what point do black communities stand the eff up and take control of OUR current situation and future? It’s easy to keep blaming the white man, but who and what does that serve? What are WE going to do about it? Keep bitching and fighting? I certainly don’t believe the republicans are the be-all end-all in terms of solutions (far from it actually), but damn…don’t blame them when the left has been calling the shots for 75 years in these areas. Everyone wants to bitch rather than step up to facilitate REAL change. Either we come together as people or we let DC continue to do what they’re doing…which is successfully getting 50% of the nation to hate the other 50%. This isn’t neuroscience. 

16 minutes ago, Wildcat Will said:

No one called for the removal of the police. It would benefit some hoods to have more alternative uses of funding. More resources for drug intervention. More money for recreational facilities. More educational resources.

You have to look beyond the surface and fight the issues from the root.

I’m with ya for the most part. I believe that we need strong and ethical leaders from our black communities to lead us. Not leaders like we have today that sellout to “the man” at the sight of a dollar, and then the neighborhoods stay the same and or get worse. Because that’s what’s happening. To me, this isn’t hard. But the citizens of said neighborhoods would have to be on board as well. It would take a commitment. Change will NOT happen via legislation and force. We are Americans…THAT should be our binding fabric to facilitate change. How come nobody ever pushes this message? You’re gonna hate this, but Trump is the only one remotely peddling this message. 

16 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

im not saying police aren’t needed at all, but some level of reform is required to ensure full public trust and accountability.

conflict brings change, sooner or later things will be corrected. 

Good question. I’m not sure that they solve any problems…as you already noted. But logic would dictate that their mere presence must curtail at least some illegal activity and violence. I’m down with reallocating funds to areas that will help citizens as long as the neighborhoods don’t plunge into complete anarchy, which would be highly likely. So that would entail the communities to be on board. Are they? It’s like a chicken or the egg thing now. The irony is that even though we debate, we are the ones actually debating. Not too many others are thanks to the media. Sigh.

39 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

You blame the hammer for the force applied...

a Hammer is REQUIRED to keep the boards of "law and order" in place.

Hammer does this by driving the nails underground, hoping not to hit a thumb in the process.

Although corruption exists in all forms of life, I agree corrupted hammers have a much greater ability to do damage...

PS: Nobody (of any color) likes hammers pointed at them,

yet Everyone has...

BTW: you can change the form of the hammer, but will never remove it...

even with anarchy...

image.jpeg.e0c248de471d82cdecb9fd35f93e0e8a.jpeg

Stories like these happen everyday and never get reported. Police lay it all on the line every single day. If the media reported all the stories of heroism, the narrative might change, and that’s not a good business model. The design is to show you the worst possible story and put it on a loop until you are at a peak outrage and honestly start to believe that every single person in that field operates like that. That’s why I would never take any of the anti police crowd seriously. 

1903F82A-C3A0-4D2B-8370-6B53EF066DEE.jpeg

DC8DC1EC-DD17-4C8B-AF03-81E3F667AC29.jpeg

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

Good question. I’m not sure that they solve any problems…as you already noted. But logic would dictate that their mere presence must curtail at least some illegal activity and violence. I’m down with reallocating funds to areas that will help citizens as long as the neighborhoods don’t plunge into complete anarchy, which would be highly likely. So that would entail the communities to be on board. Are they? It’s like a chicken or the egg thing now. The irony is that even though we debate, we are the ones actually debating. Not too many others are thanks to the media. Sigh.

In a flower bed plants can’t grow properly without plucking out the weeds from the roots.  Otherwise they choke out the plants. Unfortunately, we are at the point where in some of these inner city communities we need to be strategic in removing the bad weeds, for good,  so the good can prosper with renewed resources in the areas I discussed earlier.  

• Thanks 3
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Stories like these happen everyday and never get reported. Police lay it all on the line every single day. If the media reported all the stories of heroism, the narrative might change, and that’s not a good business model. The design is to show you the worst possible story and put it on a loop until you are at a peak outrage and honestly start to believe that every single person in that field operates like that. That’s why I would never take any of the anti police crowd seriously. 

1903F82A-C3A0-4D2B-8370-6B53EF066DEE.jpeg

DC8DC1EC-DD17-4C8B-AF03-81E3F667AC29.jpeg

This is either fake news or needs to be suppressed.

We need liberal America buying into the bullshit narrative that the cops are the enemy.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

We DO think. I could ask the same to you. But white (and black) LIBERALS have made black communities what they are. I get it, it was a “system” at one point, but now major urban areas have been run and ruined by dems for decades. At what point do black communities stand the eff up and take control of OUR current situation and future? It’s easy to keep blaming the white man, but who and what does that serve? What are WE going to do about it? Keep bitching and fighting? I certainly don’t believe the republicans are the be-all end-all in terms of solutions (far from it actually), but damn…don’t blame them when the left has been calling the shots for 75 years in these areas. Everyone wants to bitch rather than step up to facilitate REAL change. Either we come together as people or we let DC continue to do what they’re doing…which is successfully getting 50% of the nation to hate the other 50%. This isn’t neuroscience. 

The system still exist. Time unfortunately has only made slight change. White is still the ruling race despite the diversity of the nation. You think the cities have what it takes to move forward? No. The federal government still runs this nation and I told the representation is representative of those living in this nation and their best interest is taken into consideration, we will not advance.

White man gets the blame because he is in charge. The rules were written to benefit him. The laws were written to benefit him. That includes everything from home ownership to drug laws. He was in charge from the start and he is in charge now. 

I have not blamed anyone according to their political preference. I put blame where it belongs, regardless of affiliations.

• Like 1