Memphis police

Wildcat Will

Just now, concha said:

Of course it isn't. But there is generally far less obvious dealing on the streets and the rampant and senseless violence seen in the inner city.

Mailboxes?  You rally need to revisit the FBI crime stats.

Conch give it up.  here you are again trying to tell me my reality because you can’t deal with white crime. There was no secret in those communities who was dealing and using. Kids did it openly because no one was going to do anything about it. hell we probably have no illegal substance users on here now typing away in these forums unbothered

Mailboxes are considered federal property where do you think it’s written culprits get off without criminal charges? Smh

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Horsefly said:

Then how did they explain the difference in police shootings when broken out as a percentage by race? Did this study confirm that the race by % of the population is consistent to the % of those killed by police? (Ex. Blacks are 13% of the pop and represented 13% of those killed by cops) 

If you read the report is goes into detail about interactions with the police. Very different than population percentage. Of  course you didn’t.

11 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

here you are again trying to tell me my reality because you can’t deal with white crime.

Psssst.....in case you were wondering about yer "reality"

....well....

Here you are in a "Memphis Police thread"

trying to convince everyone that all your problems are,,,

"white crime":5 Black Memphis Cops Upheld Institutional And Cultural Racism In Tyre  Nichols' Murder

PS: Did I miss anything?

2 minutes ago, Troll said:

Psssst.....in case you were wondering about yer "reality"

....well....

Here you are in a "Memphis Police thread"

trying to convince everyone that all your problems are,,,

"white crime":5 Black Memphis Cops Upheld Institutional And Cultural Racism In Tyre  Nichols' Murder

PS: Did I miss anything?

yes, you missed what conch and I were talking about ENTIRELY! 

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

I got your point. 

I was asking you to consider the lived experiences of police offers in certain zip codes. Unless you have personal experience of what it's like to live as a cop policing those zip codes, maybe you shouldn't say that the police aren't there to protect and serve those communities. 

That attitude might help to explain why cops don't want to work there. 

I would think living in those areas as a black man facing the actions were are talking about would qualify as personal first hand experience.

May your understanding of my point of view would help you see.

16 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Again , we are talking about trust which is subjective term. 

I don't know what you mean by "subjective" here. But I'm talking about whether we have sufficient evidence to support the claim that the police aren't here to protect and serve the community. 

you’ve given very little on why you think black people, in the face of experiences -and history should trust cops in 2023. 

If I'm understanding how your arguments are supposed to work, all I'd have to do is appeal to Black people who, on the basis of their lived experience, believe that the cops protect and serve the communities they work in, and we've already established that Black people aren't a monolith. 

31 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

I don't know what you mean by "subjective" here. But I'm talking about whether we have sufficient evidence to support the claim that the police aren't here to protect and serve the community. 

If I'm understanding how your arguments are supposed to work, all I'd have to do is appeal to Black people who, on the basis of their lived experience, believe that the cops protect and serve the communities they work in, and we've already established that Black people aren't a monolith. 

What is a level of trust to one person is untrustworthy to another.

What community do you think he’s referring to?  Do the police even have the legal obligation to protect? If not, what are you arguing, on the face his statement is correct. 

Lol this isn’t an argument it’s a discussion.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Conch give it up.  here you are again trying to tell me my reality because you can’t deal with white crime. There was no secret in those communities who was dealing and using. Kids did it openly because no one was going to do anything about it. hell we probably have no illegal substance users on here now typing away in these forums unbothered

Mailboxes are considered federal property where do you think it’s written culprits get off without criminal charges? Smh

Yeah. Here you are again just making shit up. 🤣

I don't deny that white folks commit crime. But basically every relevant and available data point in existence points to the fact that on a per capita basis crime is much more prevalent in the black community. A black is something like 5x more likely to be killed by another black man than a white by a white. The likelihood of a black man committing murder is something like 7x that of a white guy.

"But, but, but... white people do drugs too!". Yeah. I know. But when you look at crime overall, the results aren't remotely close.

FYI, a few years ago I had a couple of rich white kids arrested for bashing my mailbox (and a lot of my neighbors' also). I saw them arrested, cuffed and hauled off. One was over 18 and had to go to court (not sure of the result). There was no catch and release on the spot with no consequences though.

Trying to remember the reaction by the libtard patrol on here to federal building and police stations being attacked and trashed during the BLM riots... Sad to say this, but I am actually not sure what you would see as more serious. A kid taking a bat to a mailbox or one throwing a molotov cocktail at a police station or courthouse?

10 minutes ago, concha said:

Yeah. Here you are again just making shit up. 🤣

I don't deny that white folks commit crime. But basically every relevant and available data point in existence points to the fact that on a per capita basis crime is much more prevalent in the black community. A black is something like 5x more likely to be killed by another black man than a white by a white. The likelihood of a black man committing murder is something like 7x that of a white guy.

"But, but, but... white people do drugs too!". Yeah. I know. But when you look at crime overall, the results aren't remotely close.

FYI, a few years ago I had a couple of rich white kids arrested for bashing my mailbox (and a lot of my neighbors' also). I saw them arrested, cuffed and hauled off. One was over 18 and had to go to court (not sure of the result). There was no catch and release on the spot with no consequences though.

Trying to remember the reaction by the libtard patrol on here to federal building and police stations being attacked and trashed during the BLM riots... Sad to say this, but I am actually not sure what you would see as more serious. A kid taking a bat to a mailbox or one throwing a molotov cocktail at a police station or courthouse?

The fbi stats show whites commit 69% of all crimes and it would probably be higher if they were equally policed. Start with sending the opioid users to prison instead of rehab and then target white drug users/distributors of other drugs as well. Bust down those doors, police those white neighborhoods!  Lol

A crime is a crime and should be punished accordingly.

Earlier you were mocking the trashing of mailboxes as inconsequential, now you recall an incident of teens being appropriately arrested for doing the same.  🤡 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

Ok, but who did it target primarily? 

criminals in bad neighborhoods...

and I've agreed with you on the zip code and the wealth aspects side of it as well.

if you want to attribute and paint it all with color as "perspective" that;s fine,

but that will never mask the entire painting or the many more pertinent reasons.

🤷‍♂️

4 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

The fbi stats show whites commit 69% of all crimes and it would probably be higher if they were equally policed. Start with sending the opioid users to prison instead of rehab and then target white drug users/distributors of other drugs as well. Bust down those doors, police those white neighborhoods!  Lol

Whites includes Hispanics and overall the crimes committed are at worst inline with their proportion of the population. Remove Hispanics and the crime rate in the white community drops.

It's amusing in a pathetic way seeing you desperately grasping at anything you can dream up.

Newsflash:  Low crime, low violence communities don't need heavy policing. 🤪

10 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Funny 🤣...

Projector GIFs | Tenor

I know plenty of white boys busted back in the miami vice tv show days durin dem druggy wars...

did you need another reminder in "reality"...

...or are you still in the middle of arguing how some "perspectives" are incorrect? 

🤣

11 minutes ago, Troll said:

criminals in bad neighborhoods...

and I've agreed with you on the zip code and the wealth aspects side of it as well.

if you want to attribute and paint it all with color as "perspective" that;s fine,

but that will never mask the entire painting or the many more pertinent reasons.

🤷‍♂️

“You want to know what this [war on drugs] was really all about? The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I’m saying?

We knew we couldn’t make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders, raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. 

Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did.”

~ John Ehrlichman, Assistant to the President for Domestic Affairs under President Richard Nixon

🤷🏿

14 minutes ago, concha said:

Whites includes Hispanics and overall the crimes committed are at worst inline with their proportion of the population. Remove Hispanics and the crime rate in the white community drops.

It's amusing in a pathetic way seeing you desperately grasping at anything you can dream up.

Newsflash:  Low crime, low violence communities don't need heavy policing. 🤪

So how would those numbers adjust removing the Hispanics?  Do you want to remove Italians too?  Lol

talk about desperate, you’ve been scrambling around for years trying to uphold the false sense of white hypermorality and ethics. 😂 

Anyways, I’m done over here. I saw what I needed and confirmed what I thought 

• Haha 1

“You want to know what this [war on drugs] was really all about? The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I’m saying?

We knew we couldn’t make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders, raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. 

Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did.”

~ John Ehrlichman, Assistant to the President for Domestic Affairs under President Richard Nixon

Yes certainly sounds like the war mongers had their issues with the antiwar hippies and radical groups like the black panthers...do you think he's talking about "all hippies and all blacks"...or just the "anti-war radicalists" ones that gave them problems"?  and if it were anything to do with "color" as priority, why did they target all those white hippies? 

PS: your quote kinda sorta actually shows it ain't actually about color even tho they use the word "black" so freely...

BTW: Do you think Kamala will get Spiro Agnew'ed,
before Joey has to hand the throne over? 

🤔