Update: Nevada schools trying to limit Bishop Gorman to 1 OS game

Gator 82

They might rely on those huge OOS games to generate money to offset the costs of the facilities or anything they invested in. These people are literally fucking with their money. I would take it as an all out attack on my livelihood. Imagine if you bought a house based on your income, and then some outside people who were jealous of you tried to sabotage your income over it? 

If I was Bishop Gorman, I would be calling up the hit men up and say start lubing the barrel. Lol. 

Did they propose all these changes before BG was dominating? Sounds like a loser’s complaining from the cheap seats. As long as every other teams has the same opportunity to operate the same then there is nothing that should be done. Recruiting is illegal. So if they are busted for that throw the book at them. But they don’t need to recruit. Their brand awareness is through the roof. 

Reminds me of Florida teams from the North complaining about South Florida dominance, when North Florida was dominating for a few decades. Then South Florida teams started to pick it up mainly due to the population booms, now North Florida cried unfair and you have split classes. Never mind back in the 80’s and 90’s North Florida was cranking out titles in record fashion. And South Florida teams weren’t crying and trying to change the rules. Now the tables have turned and those same teams with “1983” “1991” state championship banners in their stadium are crying unfair!!! Pussies 

NIAA should let them keep their membership status as an associate member and don't let them play in the tournament nor force other NIAA teams to play them. Give them the same status as IMG in Florida. They keep association affiliation and NFHS membership but can go play who they want. win/win.  This should be happening in many other states as well for certain private schools.  These recruited up National rankings chasers can't have their cake and eat it to. Go national or play for states. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, OldTerrapin said:

NIAA should let them keep their membership status as an associate member and don't let them play in the tournament nor force other NIAA teams to play them. Give them the same status as IMG in Florida. They keep association affiliation and NFHS membership but can go play who they want. win/win.  This should be happening in many other states as well for certain private schools.  These recruited up National rankings chasers can't have their cake and eat it to. Go national or play for states. 

Can you post the link where they were busted for “recruiting”?? You just made that up. And having a desire to be highly ranked in national polls should be a disqualification from competing for a state title? That’s fucked up 

And where are all these Nevada teams lining up to play them? I bet most of the time BG schedules OOS out of necessity to fill a schedule. Playing top national competition is just an added bonus. And they bring in the big bucks, so it’s a win win. 

Like i said they are being punished for being successful. I know we live in a society where merit and success is viewed as some ass backward way of doing things, but we should strive to go back to a time where success was viewed as something to be proud of and desired to achieve. 

4 minutes ago, OldTerrapin said:

NIAA should let them keep their membership status as an associate member and don't let them play in the tournament nor force other NIAA teams to play them. Give them the same status as IMG in Florida. They keep association affiliation and NFHS membership but can go play who they want. win/win. 

I agree. But this technically would make it illegal for Cali teams to play BG, thanks to the idiotic CIF rule that Cali teams can’t play against teams that do not compete in their own state’s association playoffs. This rule went into effect after MD played IMG.

22 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Can you post the link where they were busted for “recruiting”?? You just made that up. And having a desire to be highly ranked in national polls should be a disqualification from competing for a state title? That’s fucked up 

And where are all these Nevada teams lining up to play them? I bet most of the time BG schedules OOS out of necessity to fill a schedule. Playing top national competition is just an added bonus. And they bring in the big bucks, so it’s a win win. 

Like i said they are being punished for being successful. I know we live in a society where merit and success is viewed as some ass backward way of doing things, but we should strive to go back to a time where success was viewed as something to be proud of and desired to achieve. 

stop being an idiot. I don't care if its recruiting or whatever you want to call it. They have an obvious unfair advantage and don't operate in the same manor as the rest of the schools do nor have the same goals.  Don't want to hear about that one time this team or that team won. They are just built different period. Go play like minded programs and chase whatever mythical thing you wan.

19 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

I agree. But this technically would make it illegal for Cali teams to play BG, thanks to the idiotic CIF rule that Cali teams can’t play against teams that do not compete in their own state’s association playoffs. This rule went into effect after MD played IMG.

CIF should give the same exemptions to the obvious schools there as well. By exemptions I mean allowing those schools to play whomever they want but in return no CIF school should be forced to play them. Play at own risk. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OldTerrapin said:

CIF should give the same exemptions to the obvious schools there as well. By exemptions I mean allowing those schools to play whomever they want but in return no CIF school should be forced to play them. Play at own risk. 

Kinda like SFA in Maryland. CIF does not want to go down a slippery slope. The goal of this rule was to prevent IMGs in California. One can argue that MD and Bosco are like IMG, but they are fundamentally different also.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

Kinda like SFA in Maryland. CIF does not want to go down a slippery slope. The goal of this rule was to prevent IMGs in California. One can argue that MD and Bosco are like IMG, but they are fundamentally different also.

Technically CIF teams should not be allowed to play SFA. SFA nor any MIAA team for that matter should be allowed to play CIF teams as none of them are state associated or allowed to play in the state tournament. SFA is only loosely affiliated with the MIAA. SFA other sports are in but the football program is exempt from even competing vs MIAA teams. 

MIAA is not state associated nor governed by the state in any way. It is just a sports league of independent private schools which is run by the AD's of those schools.  Maryland's state association is the MPSSAA.  SFA gets away with it because the CIF is clueless and thinks the MIAA is something it is not. 

• Like 2

On 2/1/2023 at 12:44 PM, OldTerrapin said:

That would be ideal. Wouldn't be unprecedented either. Salesianum in Delaware used to be in the Philly Catholic Schools league back in the day. 

Willmington to Philly is actually a pretty short distance. That is closer than the distance between some of the current Trinity League schools. The trip to Vegas is ~5 hours. 

There are a lot of other considerations: What about the Freshman and JV football teams? What about all the other sports?

This would only make sense for varsity football, and the travel makes it a reach.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

Willmington to Philly is actually a pretty short distance. That is closer than the current distance between some of the current Trinity League schools. The trip to Vegas is ~5 hours. 

There are a lot of other considerations: What about the Freshman and JV football teams? What about all the other sports?

This would only make sense for varsity football, and the travel makes it a reach.

Right now, only the BG varsity football and basketball teams regularly play a national schedule.

• Like 1

• Gator 82 changed the title to Update: Nevada schools trying to limit Bishop Gorman to 1 OS game