Rumors That Make You Go....WTF.

Rufus69

First of all...you can hear ANYTHING these days.  I'll acknowledge that.  But certain sources are saying that Colquitt's Ny Carr could very well end up playing for FSU instead of Georgia...in a year of so.  Frankly, I'm not so sure that wouldn't be a GOOD thing for Carr and the Noles.  A lot closer to home....a much better support system...and he'd have a pretty decent fan following in Tallahassee.  Personally...I could see it...even if it is a "rumor" coming out of North Morven.

My question is....would Landen Thomas follow him?

You hearing anything...Hawg?

Rufus>>

Why is Colquitt playing Lincoln again? That should make you go WTF??

Colquitt finished as a consensus top 5 team in Georgia. Lincoln finished 148th in Florida and the game was uncompetitive. 

Now how can a coach teach and preach hard work, toughness and build character to overcome adversity when they are scheduling cream puffs? It’s mixed signals. 

It makes me say WTF????????

4 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Why is Colquitt playing Lincoln again? That should make you go WTF??

Colquitt finished as a consensus top 5 team in Georgia. Lincoln finished 148th in Florida and the game was uncompetitive. 

Now how can a coach teach and preach hard work, toughness and build character to overcome adversity when they are scheduling cream puffs? It’s mixed signals. 

It makes me say WTF????????

How else you expect them to have 13-1 record, these coaches have to schedule these teams or records wouldn’t look so good

45 minutes ago, FreeBird said:

How else you expect them to have 13-1 record, these coaches have to schedule these teams or records wouldn’t look so good

Yeah I get it. It’s a business and 13-1 looks better to the higher ups than 10-4 or 11-3. 

The people who suffer are the fans because they get a poor product that last about a half. The starters who earned their spot suffer because they only get to play a half. The concession suffers because people leaving at halftime will just go eat somewhere else. The only people who benefit are kids that didn’t earn a starting spot, and the people raking in the cash. 

10 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

I would like to go on record....

Nolebull and Freebird are BOTH retarded.

It's a shame...but it's Gospel.

Nothing wrong with playing Lincoln.  Their only embarrassment last year was losing to Lake City - Columbia.  Hell, sometimes...shit happens.

Rufus>>

They lost 6 games and couldn’t crack the top 145 in the state at years end. If you are a top 5 team and your coach is rambling on about toughness in practice then you should at least be able to step up the competition. 

7 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

First of all...you can hear ANYTHING these days.  I'll acknowledge that.  But certain sources are saying that Colquitt's Ny Carr could very well end up playing for FSU instead of Georgia...in a year of so.  Frankly, I'm not so sure that wouldn't be a GOOD thing for Carr and the Noles.  A lot closer to home....a much better support system...and he'd have a pretty decent fan following in Tallahassee.  Personally...I could see it...even if it is a "rumor" coming out of North Morven.

My question is....would Landen Thomas follow him?

You hearing anything...Hawg?

Rufus>>

I haven't. I felt like Ny vould switch up although he may still be a Dawg. I do think Landem is a solid Dawg. I'll keep ears to the ground in the right circles to see if anything comes up though. 

On 2/1/2023 at 9:19 AM, Nolebull813 said:

Yeah I get it. It’s a business and 13-1 looks better to the higher ups than 10-4 or 11-3. 

The people who suffer are the fans because they get a poor product that last about a half. The starters who earned their spot suffer because they only get to play a half. The concession suffers because people leaving at halftime will just go eat somewhere else. The only people who benefit are kids that didn’t earn a starting spot, and the people raking in the cash. 

Fort Walton won 2 titles in the 90's.  Danny Wuerffel was the qb on the 91 title.  Any other larger Panhandle schools won a title since say 1990?

Pensacola Washington won in 94 I believe 

1 hour ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Fort Walton won 2 titles in the 90's.  Danny Wuerffel was the qb on the 91 title.  Any other larger Panhandle schools won a title since say 1990?

From 1980-2000 these are the larger class winners not including all the ones from the small teams 

1980 Tate

1982 Woodham

1984 Escambia

1985 Escambia

1987 Pine Forest

1988 Pine Forest

1988 Niceville

1990 Choctaw

1991 FWB

1994 Pensacola Washington 

1995 FWB

2000 Pine Forest 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nolebull813 said:

From 1980-2000 these are the larger class winners not including all the ones from the small teams 

1980 Tate

1982 Woodham

1984 Escambia

1985 Escambia

1987 Pine Forest

1988 Pine Forest

1988 Niceville

1990 Choctaw

1991 FWB

1995 FWB

2000 Pine Forest 

Wild only 1 title in 25 plus years.

Good info. Pensacola has produced some elite athletes. 

I think the Panhandle being such beach  and retirement towns kills them from a HS standpoint.

2 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

1980 Tate

1982 Woodham

1984 Escambia

1985 Escambia

1987 Pine Forest

1988 Pine Forest

1988 Niceville

1990 Choctaw

1991 FWB

1995 FWB

2000 Pine Forest 

I know a little town called Baker Florida has been very good in football.  We drive though there going to FWB/Destin.

2 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Wild only 1 title in 25 plus years.

Good info. Pensacola has produced some elite athletes. 

I think the Panhandle being such beach  and retirement towns kills them from a HS standpoint.

Pensacola High did win in 2009.  But they were a middle class. Port St Joe won a couple and yes Baker won 4 in the 80’s and 90’s all at the smallest class. 

On 2/1/2023 at 4:38 PM, HawgGoneIt said:

I haven't. I felt like Ny vould switch up although he may still be a Dawg. I do think Landem is a solid Dawg. I'll keep ears to the ground in the right circles to see if anything comes up though. 

Landen will probably stick with UGA, he's their next Brock Bowers. Oddly enough, he's listed as the same height and weight as Brock too and is utilized in a similar fashion.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

Landen will probably stick with UGA, he's their next Brock Bowers. Oddly enough, he's listed as the same height and weight as Brock too and is utilized in a similar fashion.

The way Georgia is stockpiling TEs....the odds are dropping.  Albeit they're still pretty high.  Even if Carr signs with Georgia...I don't think he stays in Athens.

Just my opine....

Rufus>>

• Thanks 1