미아풀싸롱 ⚪미아오피 ⚪춘천풀싸롱?

FreeBird

41 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

You got a new gal? A runner maybe?

These two talked me into it...

1285293270_IMG_20230214_2224290172.thumb.jpg.edb72d7b4684101e6e7e6f6945793d5e.jpg

IMG_20230215_051733.jpg.8bf50c6de5c158c5e8ec3a16e1683304.jpg

They're tuning up for the Gulf Coast Half. The blondes sister is running the full Combos marathon on Saturday attempting to qualify for Boston. For me, I just wanna be able to say I completed a half before I turned 50. They may hafta carry me across. 😂

We have a goal to click off about 3 miles at a time at a 12.5 to 13 min pace then walk one then repeat. Just wanna outpace the full marathon to cheer on Joy. 

The brunette can click off a half at 10 min pace pretty easily. The blonde is trying to save her legs for the Gulf Coast one where they actually wanna be competitive. 

I can run a 10 minute mile for about 3 miles. After that all bets are off. Hahaha

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

1285293270_IMG_20230214_2224290172.thumb.jpg.edb72d7b4684101e6e7e6f6945793d5e.jpg

They're tuning up for the Gulf Coast Half. The blondes sister is running the full Combos marathon on Saturday attempting to qualify for Boston. For me, I just wanna be able to say I completed a half before I turned 50. They may hafta carry me across. 😂

We have a goal to click off about 3 miles at a time at a 12.5 to 13 min pace then walk one then repeat. Just wanna outpace the full marathon to cheer on Joy. 

The brunette can click off a half at 10 min pace pretty easily. The blonde is trying to save her legs for the Gulf Coast one where they actually wanna be competitive. 

I can run a 10 minute mile for about 3 miles. After that all bets are off. Hahaha

Before you're 50, eh?

I've got that birthday that qualifies me for social security income coming up in a couple weeks if I were to begin taking it, and am nowhere near being able to run for 13 miles. 

I could probably walk close to 20 minute miles for about 13 miles, IF there is minimal to no elevation gain, and if the temperature is just right, and if I avoid over doing the cocktails the night before, and if I were to only do 3 of the 13 miles!

Good luck, impressive!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, maxchoboian said:

Before you're 50, eh?

I've got that birthday that qualifies me for social security income coming up in a couple weeks if I were to begin taking it, and am nowhere near being able to run for 13 miles. 

I could probably walk close to 20 minute miles for about 13 miles, IF there is minimal to no elevation gain, and if the temperature is just right, and if I avoid over doing the cocktails the night before, and if I were to only do 3 of the 13 miles!

Good luck, impressive!

Well I turn fifty in June. I had goals set to reach by fifty, and I kept meeting them, so, then I had to make new goals. Maybe next is a full marathon, or, maybe it's run an entire half no walking etc. 

I'll give a report on whether I finish this thing or not haha. It's only a few days away now and my calves are sore from last night's nut check where I wanted to see how heavy my legs get going for the 10 minute miles. 

Thanks! 

• Like 1

On 2/28/2023 at 12:17 PM, HawgGoneIt said:

The brunette can click off a half at  min pace pretty easily. The blonde is trying to save her legs for the Gulf Coast one where they actually wanna be competitive. 

Hawg...tell those young ladies that I ran out to the mail box but I had to walk back...LOL.

Rufus>>

20230128_100031.jpg

• Haha 1

This thing getting pretty real now. Haha. Got the email to go tomorrow and pick up my race pack from Albany State University, along with all the instructions. 

Apparently they have a device in the bib that not only times us but allows real time tracking and all as well. 

Been drinking the hell outta some water the last few days already. Limiting my lifting in the gym starting yesterday. Shifting my diet also starting yesterday. Going carb loaded now. Havent eaten much carbs in four years haha. 

Gonna pick up my race pack, do the expo and all then we all going to Osteria to fuel up on carbs. Lasagna, spaghetti, bread sticks galore. Gonna gorge. Haha. 

They tell me there will be nothing chasing me. No Yeti or sasquatch. Just me against me. Barely trained. Gonna be running on will power and lasagna. 🤣

• Haha 1

On 3/2/2023 at 12:22 PM, HawgGoneIt said:

This thing getting pretty real now. Haha. Got the email to go tomorrow and pick up my race pack from Albany State University, along with all the instructions. 

Apparently they have a device in the bib that not only times us but allows real time tracking and all as well. 

Been drinking the hell outta some water the last few days already. Limiting my lifting in the gym starting yesterday. Shifting my diet also starting yesterday. Going carb loaded now. Havent eaten much carbs in four years haha. 

Gonna pick up my race pack, do the expo and all then we all going to Osteria to fuel up on carbs. Lasagna, spaghetti, bread sticks galore. Gonna gorge. Haha. 

They tell me there will be nothing chasing me. No Yeti or sasquatch. Just me against me. Barely trained. Gonna be running on will power and lasagna. 🤣

I don't know if you will see this before the race or not.  The only thing keeping you from finishing is your mind, not your body.  I started running at 45 to support my lifting.  I hated running before that.  After a while, I was lifting to support my running.  Before it was over, I had run 1 full, 11 half marathons, and I don't know how many 5 and 10k races.  You aren't going to win anything other than your pride so don't kill yourself.  Take pride in starting, going down the same course, and finishing just like the front guys.  Your mind will tell you that you are ready to quit long before your body is really done.  I found there is a difference between really tired and exhausted.  Most people think they are done at really tired which is long before exhaustion sets in.

Run the race like you trained.  Don't change your pace, your fluid intake during the race, nothing.  Don't try to keep up with people if they are running even a little faster.  Don't slow down to stay with people if they are even a little slower.  Do your thing.  You will be done before you know.  After it is over, I have some other tips you migh consider if you decide to continue.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Fred said:

I don't know if you will see this before the race or not.  The only thing keeping you from finishing is your mind, not your body.  I started running at 45 to support my lifting.  I hated running before that.  After a while, I was lifting to support my running.  Before it was over, I had run 1 full, 11 half marathons, and I don't know how many 5 and 10k races.  You aren't going to win anything other than your pride so don't kill yourself.  Take pride in starting, going down the same course, and finishing just like the front guys.  Your mind will tell you that you are ready to quit long before your body is really done.  I found there is a difference between really tired and exhausted.  Most people think they are done at really tired which is long before exhaustion sets in.

Run the race like you trained.  Don't change your pace, your fluid intake during the race, nothing.  Don't try to keep up with people if they are running even a little faster.  Don't slow down to stay with people if they are even a little slower.  Do your thing.  You will be done before you know.  After it is over, I have some other tips you migh consider if you decide to continue.

Seems like we share a similar trajectory on this running thing as far as age and what brought us to do it.

I do agree that it's 90% mental. I know I can finish this thing. We created a team called The Decades Society and have all paired up like for like so that we all have a partner to help pace us. 6 of us running the half and trying to have 10 to 20 minutes to spare to cheer on Joy who is trying a 3:28 time max in the full. Amelia and I expect our time to be 3:00 to 3:15. The Marines in the group are maybe going to shave that down to under 3 hours. Our youngest runner is 24 and a 1st Lieutenant in the Marine Corps and I'm the oldest at 49.75. 

Can't say whether I'll try another of these again or not yet. However, definitely appreciate the tips and probably will talk to you about it. Never desired to be a DJ, runner, nor a body builder for that matter, now I'm a DJ body builder runner all of a sudden. Haha. Life is full of surprises. Just trying to live before I die. 😎

#itsmeagainstme then I turn and look at Amelia and decide #we>me 

Speaking of We is Greater than Me... Go check out that song on spotify or where ever you stream music. MTR Project is the band. Seattle based. Kind of Alice in Chains type sound. I'll be wearing the lead singer's old handmade opal necklace during the run today. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Seems like we share a similar trajectory on this running thing as far as age and what brought us to do it.

I do agree that it's 90% mental. I know I can finish this thing. We created a team called The Decades Society and have all paired up like for like so that we all have a partner to help pace us. 6 of us running the half and trying to have 10 to 20 minutes to spare to cheer on Joy who is trying a 3:28 time max in the full. Amelia and I expect our time to be 3:00 to 3:15. The Marines in the group are maybe going to shave that down to under 3 hours. Our youngest runner is 24 and a 1st Lieutenant in the Marine Corps and I'm the oldest at 49.75. 

Can't say whether I'll try another of these again or not yet. However, definitely appreciate the tips and probably will talk to you about it. Never desired to be a DJ, runner, nor a body builder for that matter, now I'm a DJ body builder runner all of a sudden. Haha. Life is full of surprises. Just trying to live before I die. 😎

#itsmeagainstme then I turn and look at Amelia and decide #we>me 

Speaking of We is Greater than Me... Go check out that song on spotify or where ever you stream music. MTR Project is the band. Seattle based. Kind of Alice in Chains type sound. I'll be wearing the lead singer's old handmade opal necklace during the run today. 

Good luck…we’re all counting on you!

1909B399-72B3-4BE1-AA68-91888F95D439.gif

• Haha 4

14 hours ago, FreeBird said:

Did you run the whole time or u had to walk at some point 

We walked/wogged whatever basically 3 miles. We averaged 16 minutes on those and ran a couple at 10.5 minute pace. A few at 11.5 minute pace and the rest at 12.5. total average is that 14.2  you see. 

Not bad for me who never ran more than a 5k before today. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

We walked/wogged whatever basically 3 miles. We averaged 16 minutes on those and ran a couple at 10.5 ninute pace. A few at 11.5 minute pace and the rest at 12.5. total average is that 14.2  you see. 

Impressive. You should be proud of yourself.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Cossacks said:

Impressive. You should be proud of yourself.

Thanks! I am. Had no idea I would ever try anything like that, or could actually do it. Haha.

We had our splits set up on Amelia's smart watch and basically hit them as we planned. Our goal was to finish 3:15:00 or less and we met that. 

We wanted to have the 10 minutes ahead of Joy who was trying for 3:28:00 in the full marathon. The heat got to her and she struggled the last 6 miles and it took her 4:55 to complete hers. Almost 5 hours running in that sun yesterday was tough! I felt bad for her because she flew down here from New York to try qualifying for Boston. Just finishing was amazing though. 

• Like 2

On 2/28/2023 at 12:17 PM, HawgGoneIt said:

^^^^^^^STUD ALERT! ^^^^^^^^

• Haha 3

On 3/4/2023 at 8:06 PM, HawgGoneIt said:

We walked/wogged whatever basically 3 miles. We averaged 16 minutes on those and ran a couple at 10.5 minute pace. A few at 11.5 minute pace and the rest at 12.5. total average is that 14.2  you see. 

Nothing wrong with a run/jog/walk pattern as long as you keep moving forward.  I did the structured Jeff Galloway thing where I ran a timed 5 mins then walked a timed 1 minute.  Rinse and repeat until the end.  I had splits set up on my heart rate monitor that would alert.  Even during the walk phase, I was walking at 4mph or slightly under.  I was averaging a 10 min mile or a little under so I was happy about it.  The run/walk sets up an active recovery period for your heart and is excellent for heart health.

Congratulations on the finish and it sounds as though the bug may be biting you! 😁

• Like 1