2017 Nationally Relevant OOS Games - By Date

ECHS05

3 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Texas is tragically lacking in OOS games this year.. atleast in new ones...

Southlake Carroll TX @ Broken Arrow OK

Euless Trinity TX @ Union (Tulsa) OK

Bishop Dunne TX vs Brentwood Academy TN (@ Shreveport LA)

Evangel Christian Academy LA @ Allen TX

Niceville FL @ Westlake (Austin) TX

Bishop Dunne TX @ Fayetteville AR

I guess games vs Brentwood Academy, & Niceville have a certain original flavor to em, but the rest weve seen before.

That's ambitious for Bishop Dunne.....

1 hour ago, Omaha Vol said:

You sure? I don't Hewitt-Trussville on their schedule at all? 

After looking into it... that game is off.

Hewitt-Trussville is playing Callaway MS Sept 1st at Home. Callaway is Preseason #13 in MS at CP for reference.

Whitehaven is playing Cordova TN.

Thanks for the heads up.

On August 14, 2017 at 8:32 PM, ECHS05 said:

I guess games vs Brentwood Academy, & Niceville have a certain original flavor to em, but the rest weve seen before.

SLC

Union (upset pick)

Brentwood Academy 

Allen

Westlake 

Fayetteville

3-3 

• Like 1

On 8/14/2017 at 7:32 PM, ECHS05 said:

SLC has never played Broken Arrow

Union over ET - I have feeling ET is in for some dark days moving forward - based on the standard they had set in the past

SLC over Broken Arrow - could be close game

Brentwood Academy over Bishop Dunne - easily

Allen over ECA

Westlake over Niceville

Fayetteville over Bishop Dunne

Bishop Dunne will fold up the tent once they get hit in the mouth. 

On 8/16/2017 at 3:11 PM, Texasball said:

SLC has never played Broken Arrow

Union over ET - I have feeling ET is in for some dark days moving forward - based on the standard they had set in the past

SLC over Broken Arrow - could be close game

Brentwood Academy over Bishop Dunne - easily

Allen over ECA

Westlake over Niceville

Fayetteville over Bishop Dunne

Bishop Dunne will fold up the tent once they get hit in the mouth. 

I think dunne may surprise you, they got in a couple of nice transfers

1 minute ago, PrepGridiron said:

I was actually surprised about the dunne talent. I wonder if the privates in TX will start to attract more talent. 

Yep they sure will, especially if they win some of these OOS games and continue to schedule quality OOS opponents.

sT pius X offense this year is about as talented as anyone's in Texas and most of it was built from transfers from neighboring public schools in the offseason.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Yep they sure will, especially if they win some of these OOS games and continue to schedule quality OOS opponents.

sT pius X offense this year is about as talented as anyone's in Texas and most of it was built from transfers from neighboring public schools in the offseason.

Wow! It will be interesting to see how this develops over the next few years. Texas football will still be Texas football but this will change the landscape. 

10 minutes ago, PrepGridiron said:

Wow! It will be interesting to see how this develops over the next few years. Texas football will still be Texas football but this will change the landscape. 

If privates start to take off in Texas look at St Pius, from Houston. And dunne from Dallas.  As a reference, dunne is located in the middle of the talent pool in DFW.  They are about 10 miles from Desoto and cedar hill and down the street from south oak cliff and Lancaster.  They pull already from these areas, but I could see them pulling more based on their success and other surrounding areas.

• Like 1

St Piux X (Houston) played Rummel in 2007. Rummel roughed them up pretty good and St Pius went on to win the big school TAPP state title. That said St Pius wasn't bad and had 7 or 8 D1s. The problem that year was the other 14 players St Pius had starting and depth 

That's the main problem for TAPP schools. But, don't think they don't have some studs in TAPP.

8 minutes ago, TheRealCAJ said:

St Piux X (Houston) played Rummel in 2007. Rummel roughed them up pretty good and St Pius went on to win the big school TAPP state title. That said St Pius wasn't bad and had 7 or 8 D1s. The problem that year was the other 14 players St Pius had starting and depth 

That's the main problem for TAPP schools. But, don't think they don't have some studs in TAPP.

From just an outsider perspective though, I've heard more and more of the TAPPs teams and have seen several test their feet in the UIL. They are playing teams OOS and are building programs. At the rate it's going, I think these teams will continue to improve and be relevant

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PrepGridiron said:

From just an outsider perspective though, I've heard more and more of the TAPPs teams and have seen several test their feet in the UIL. They are playing teams OOS and are building programs. At the rate it's going, I think these teams will continue to improve and be relevant

No doubt TAPP is taking off and will continue to pick up steam.

The inner city public schools of Houston and Dallas are like any other large city (not very good)  and some of these kids are looking for education in addition to sports. Enter the TAPP option.

A couple of TAPP schools have actually been playing OOS teams for quite sometime though.