Timber Creek (NJ) Traveling to St. Louis

SJR 04

Another NJ public traveling out of state.  I love this. I really wish they wouldve went south to play a team in Georgia. Timber Creek is a regional lublic school that always has athletes. Maybe as some of the better NJ publics travel people will start to see that there's more to NJ than the north jersey privates. South Jersey has somr really strong public school teams. 

http://highschoolsports.nj.com/news/article/-5224074601972766377/meet-me-in-st-louis-timber-creek-and-new-rb-preparing-for-opening-game-in-missouri/

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SJR 04 said:

Another NJ public traveling out of state.  I love this. I really wish they wouldve went south to play a team in Georgia. Timber Creek is a regional lublic school that always has athletes. Maybe as some of the better NJ publics travel people will start to see that there's more to NJ than the north jersey privates. South Jersey has somr really strong public school teams. 

http://highschoolsports.nj.com/news/article/-5224074601972766377/meet-me-in-st-louis-timber-creek-and-new-rb-preparing-for-opening-game-in-missouri/

this is def to showcase Leary and couple of other players but im rooting for them. Playing an IL team at East. St. Louis HS. I hope they win. 

27 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

Timber creek is better than people think on this board. Seems they have annually giving PC all they can handle in game scrimmages. 

Absolutely!  I've been there for ALL of their scrimmages vs PC. Keep in mind PC has won or been to the state chip in 4 of the last 5yrs and Timber creek was a great scrimmage to begin all of those seasons because it sent the PC kids home knowing they'd have to improve if they hoped to compete in the big north. Gave them all they could handle in years where PC killed oos and conf foes from NJ, ohio, and Maryland 

4 hours ago, Mjd33 said:

Timber creek is better than people think on this board. Seems they have annually giving PC all they can handle in game scrimmages. 

Those are scrimmages which mean nothing. Let TC go and play a BNU team when it counts once and for all and let's see what they have. I doubt they will.

57 minutes ago, aZjimbo said:

Those are scrimmages which mean nothing. Let TC go and play a BNU team when it counts once and for all and let's see what they have. I doubt they will.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.philly.com/philly/blogs/272618612.html%3famphtml=y

"the scrimmage was played in game like conditions." Timber creek should of been up 4-1 tds at half. 

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/index.ssf/2016/08/observations_from_paramus_catholic_timber_creek_wi.html

"timber creek stayed close to pc which is impressive considering they are a public school program" 

Results from Two different years. Jimbo, I hate on the publics as well but timber creek has been pretty legit the last few years. 

7 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.philly.com/philly/blogs/272618612.html%3famphtml=y

"the scrimmage was played in game like conditions." Timber creek should of been up 4-1 tds at half. 

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/index.ssf/2016/08/observations_from_paramus_catholic_timber_creek_wi.html

"timber creek stayed close to pc which is impressive considering they are a public school program" 

Results from Two different years. Jimbo, I hate on the publics as well but timber creek has been pretty legit the last few years. 

Like I said these scrimmage mean nothing. Usually these are gamelike but no special teams or have special teams with limited contact. I really wish they would have the balls to play one of the big boys in Jersey but they will not. I do not hate these teams at all. But every loves to say how good they are. Well go out and prove it. I would love the opportunity to beat one of these schools. Problem usually is the coaches are afraid of losing. Who cares. Lose, play the best and get better.  

2 minutes ago, aZjimbo said:

Like I said these scrimmage mean nothing. Usually these are gamelike but no special teams or have special teams with limited contact. I really wish they would have the balls to play one of the big boys in Jersey but they will not. I do not hate these teams at all. But every loves to say how good they are. Well go out and prove it. I would love the opportunity to beat one of these schools. Problem usually is the coaches are afraid of losing. Who cares. Lose, play the best and get better.  

I know you are all about play the best every week, no cupcakes ever etc. You'd want to schedule the giants or jets if you were an AD at a bnu school. Timber creek would of won at least one game against a bnu team if they played them all last year. 

TC wasn't a Wayne hills or MTS public caliber team last year ... they were better than that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bones said:

Whitehaven got steamrolled by Sacred Heart Griffin a couple years back. If Timber Creek is good they should have little trouble with BVW.

Well, yes, they did. SHG beat them 49-27. That wasn't one of Whitehaven's better teams, either. They got bounced in the 2nd round of the playoffs, losing to White Station 34-13. SHG went undefeated and beat Montini to win state in 5A. Let's keep things in perspective. This year's Whitehaven team would've been a decent matchup for East St. Louis. I think ESL would beat them this year (not last year). Whitehaven took a home game against Cordova instead. 

5 hours ago, Mjd33 said:

I know you are all about play the best every week, no cupcakes ever etc. You'd want to schedule the giants or jets if you were an AD at a bnu school. Timber creek would of won at least one game against a bnu team if they played them all last year. 

TC wasn't a Wayne hills or MTS public caliber team last year ... they were better than that. 

Will let them go out and prove it. 

8 hours ago, Omaha Vol said:

Well, yes, they did. SHG beat them 49-27. That wasn't one of Whitehaven's better teams, either. They got bounced in the 2nd round of the playoffs, losing to White Station 34-13. SHG went undefeated and beat Montini to win state in 5A. Let's keep things in perspective. This year's Whitehaven team would've been a decent matchup for East St. Louis. I think ESL would beat them this year (not last year). Whitehaven took a home game against Cordova instead. 

Oh I definitely keep it in perspective. I never know what to do with those schools like SHG or Montini when they win 5A because theyre competing against 4th tier publics and often times dont even face another top team in the state OR in the case of Montini they did face one and lose.  Sure they get a nice ranking at the end of the year by winning 5A, but consider me skeptical. Now Montini has defeated Maine South and East St. Louis, which I am still going to consider quality wins, but not in years that those two went deep into the post season.