Timber Creek (NJ) Traveling to St. Louis

SJR 04

17 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

Grayson would beat Camden and Timber Creek at the same time in a triple threat match. Beat em soundly. Like it's Report card day. 

Timber Creek has the best QB in NJ.. an explosive offense lost to PC in gm scrimmage by like 3 points last yr.. They would give Grayson a gm.. Camden not so much.

40 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I'd bet my mortgage on Grayson. TC competed best vs PC in 2015 when they went 3-6 and missed the playoffs. Chambers (MSU) and Ali (Temple) were their studs that season. Plus these early season scrimmages mean squat. Also, let's not forget that the program is investigated annually by the Camden County Prosecutors Office. And they play no substantial competition. Ever. They are far from nationally relevant at this point in time. 

Timber Creek correct or not finished #3 in NJ last year.. QB Devin Leary lead a record breaking passing offense. Last year they had way with PC with starters in scrimmage so let's not think they would get destroyed. Grayson would be be 2 TD favorites on neutral field most likely.

2 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I'd bet my mortgage on Grayson. TC competed best vs PC in 2015 when they went 3-6 and missed the playoffs. Chambers (MSU) and Ali (Temple) were their studs that season. Plus these early season scrimmages mean squat. Also, let's not forget that the program is investigated annually by the Camden County Prosecutors Office. And they play no substantial competition. Ever. They are far from nationally relevant at this point in time. 

False they competed best against PC in 2014 when PC lost to SPP in state chip. PC won by fg. 

13 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

That sounds elitist. How much do you guys see the publics play? Do you think you are biased? Did you attend one of these privates? Did all of you posters attend these privates? Sounds like there is a clear divide between the two. We hear very little talk of the publics. I think I will check out NJ a little deeper and see if there is more to it than those alphabet schools.

You don't play them, do you? The privates will not play the publics, will they? 

I usually go see a good public school game on a friday night if DBP or PC doesnt have a good friday night game. No i dont think were biased at all. my cousin attended BC and my other one attends DBP. The publics have basically stated that they are done playing the privates at least the BNU schools. 

Just now, Sportsnut said:

Because of the "private" status and the ability to draw from such a wide choice. 

I get it but that is not a good thing for the state of football in Jersey. 

its fine. We have the teams that are relevant and the fans of NJ football that are on this board very much enjoy it.

If you wanna look deeper into the publics that I at least attend games for are Ramapo: Chris Simms played there, Pascack Valley, Wayne Hills which is brought up on this board, Northern Valley Old Tappan: Had a kid last name Fuller not sure where he went but he went D1. 

Sounds and looks like you guys are favored. One of your schools don't have a good year and they remain top tier whereas schools from Georgia, except for the favored, fall deep. I am not one to accept the judgement of the Preps Family, Cal and Max. I am a show me type of guy. Given that, I think you guys might be afraid of the publics. That is, to keep your status as a favorite. Can't lose to a public so we won't play them. 

Thats way off. It wasnt long ago were the BNU teams played the publics. SJR played Wayne Hills at Wayne Hills. BC played Teaneck and such, DBP was playing Ridgewood every year. SPP still playing public schools. they are not good public schools but they have public schools on their roster

Why not play the best publics in the state.? You do make your own schedule, unlike here where you play who you are assigned according to your region size. We have a 6 team region. We get to pick 4 to complete our 10 game schedule. Surely TC should be on some private, top tier school schedule each year. And how can you be the top school if you don't play the best in the state?

Not sure if TC wants to play against any of the BNU teams. St. Augustine the private school down there cant compete with the BNU teams. Not sure how TC would fair even tho yes they scrimmage PC every year i feel like. BNUs are the best teams in the state and they play each other. It really is that simple

5 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

My school, Lovejoy is ranked # 143 in Georgia. We are in the 6A class, Georgia's 2nd largest. We play #1 in 6A, #3 in 5A, #10 in 6A, # 10 in 4A and #23 in 7A. Got to play the best to EARN the accolades. 

Under your system, you can't call yourself the best. 

BNUs are in the biggest class in NJ other than SJR. SJR competes with the teams in the biggest class DBP BC SPP PC. The teams we talk about on here we talk about them for a reason. I dont believe theres a public in NJ that could beat the BNU schools

I don't get it. This is just an example of how Georgia is set up. 

0-600 ==Class 1A

601- 899==Class 2A

900-1300 ==Class 3A

1301-1600 ==Class 4A

1601-1900 ==Class 5A

1901-2100 ==Class 6A

2101- up    ==Class 7A

Privates are mostly in the 0-600 range here. They do play publics except in the playoffs. There they play amongst themselves for a State Title. 

Yep by the enrollment of the school you have the different classes in NJ. Each class has their own playoffs. 

38 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

Sounds and looks like you guys are favored. One of your schools don't have a good year and they remain top tier whereas schools from Georgia, except for the favored, fall deep. I am not one to accept the judgement of the Preps Family, Cal and Max. I am a show me type of guy. Given that, I think you guys might be afraid of the publics. That is, to keep your status as a favorite. Can't lose to a public so we won't play them. 

Iss it possible for anyone to be so far off base and not know what you are talking about? Obviously it is with this post. 

1 minute ago, Sportsnut said:

http://www.njsiaa.org/sites/default/files/document/Football Regs '16-'17_0.pdf

Some of the craziest I have heard. 

Never mind that statement. You have much bigger issues. I see why they are in trouble there with football. Too many organizations with too many standards. That is why Jersey is bottom when it comes to most categories of high school football. Learning what I have, I don't see how the teams there get the respect they do. The system is shot. 

Ranked 4th tho in the nation in safety of the athletes. NJ is in the top 1/4 of the country in HS football. I believe the results on the field have demanded the respect they receive

6 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

http://www.njsiaa.org/sites/default/files/document/Football Regs '16-'17_0.pdf

Some of the craziest I have heard. 

Never mind that statement. You have much bigger issues. I see why they are in trouble there with football. Too many organizations with too many standards. That is why Jersey is bottom when it comes to most categories of high school football. Learning what I have, I don't see how the teams there get the respect they do. The system is shot. 

You are probably right about "too many organizations" but the fact is, the better teams in NJ have taken on the best around the country and have for the most part gotten the better of them. That fact alone entitles them the respect they have earned.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sportsnut said:

You are not even playing the best your state has to offer. Lets take St. Peters Prep. Do you think any team anywhere other than NJ or Cali can go 8-4 and be ranked # 103 in the land? Sounds like favoritism to me. 

For the 10th time. SPP and the BNU play each other. That's the best NJ has to offer