2018 3* DB Transfers to Paramus Catholic

SJR 04

13 hours ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

I think we can thank the Wes McKoy saga for that

we all know why but two is the reaction appropriate? In dadyball days? I think not. 

had Wes been a sophomore and been deemed the same evil blight he was as a senior, would Bosco never take sophomore transfers? 

See how ridiculous it is reacting to any single situation. (in any walk of life by the way) 

the problem was not that he was a senior it was the situation a coach put himself into

Sorry, the problem was never Wes, it was the coach not playing daddyball well. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Correct. But not as many. Just a small %. Kids from bordering states (mainly NY) have been attending the BNU schools for 50+ years. 

Kids from bordering states that usually can walk from their state into nj. IMG kids take planes. See the difference

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SJR 04 said:

Kids from bordering states that usually can walk from their state into nj. IMG kids take planes. See the difference

not really

Yeah I get the whole kid's have been coming to the Big 3 from Orange County NY to Essex County NJ since the damned schools opened but so what?

IMG is doing the same as the Big 3. Hoping to lure the best they can. 

every school does it in some way shape or form. 

Weather it be a public building a school that holds 6,000 with a $100,000,000 stadium that then flys in QB's from around the couty or an organization that is selling training first and foremost.

I see no difference.

Some put themselves in more advantageous positions than other do is all. 

Look what it took for GA to produce a top 5 team. Transfers up the wazoo. 

God bless them (Grayson), God Bless Allen. God Bless IMG. 

Just now, noonereal said:

not really

Yeah I get the whole kid's have been coming to the Big 3 from Orange County NY to Essex County NJ since the damned schools opened but so what?

Weather it be a public building a school that holds 6,000 with a $100,000,000 stadium that then flys in QB's from around the couty or an organization that is selling training first and foremost.

I see no difference.

God bless them, God Bless Allen. God Bless IMG. 

and god Bless the Big 3. (DLS, X Trinity*... )

40 minutes ago, noonereal said:

not really

I see no difference.

God bless them (Grayson), God Bless Allen. God Bless IMG. 

Agree to disagree with you 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, SJR 04 said:

Agree to disagree with you 

fair enough.... but when is what OK?

For example:

Grayson, 5 4 stars transfers.. OK?

Allen, 6,000 enrollment purposely designed to (along with the stadium) QB's transfer in. 

STA: tons of talent that did not assemble by chance, OK?

SJR, replacing PC as NJ transfer capital., OK? 

Gorman, an assembled team,  OK? 

IMG, a school that does not pretend like most the others, OK?

which is ok, which is not and why?

Just curious where people draw the line and why. 

2 hours ago, noonereal said:

For example:

Allen, 6,000 enrollment purposely designed to (along with the stadium) QB's transfer in. 

To many questions to answer right now noonereal, but will think about and answer when I get off work.  How is SJR the transfer capital when depaul had over double digit kids come in this summer? How many transfers did SJR have come in and play this year?

Did PC win states, continue the streak against Bosco, and still lose to SJR  without 1 new addition to their roster this year?

What I'm saying is transfer are part of the game on ALL levels, but it doesn't determine whether you win or not. Now if you have the luxury of combing the country for top flight 4 and 5* kids that will definitely compensate for subpar coaching. 

BNU kids all come frome within 20 mile radius of their respective hs. Huge difference  from IMG and BG.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, SJR 04 said:
3 hours ago, noonereal said:

For example:

To many questions to answer right now noonereal, but will think about and answer when I get off work.  How is SJR the transfer capital when depaul had over double digit kids come in this summer? How many transfers did SJR have come in and play this year?

Did PC win states, continue the streak against Bosco, and still lose to SJR  without 1 new addition to their roster this year?

What I'm saying is transfer are part of the game on ALL levels, but it doesn't determine whether you win or not. Now if you have the luxury of combing the country for top flight 4 and 5* kids that will definitely compensate for subpar coaching. 

BNU kids all come frome within 20 mile radius of their respective hs. Huge difference  from IMG and BG.

lol, no need to be defensive about SJR, just substitute DePaul. That is not the point at all. I am not implying anything wrong at all on SJR. 

OK, you think it a big difference between what BC/Bosco do and what IMG/ Gorman do. I don't. Henv=ce my question. 

It boils down to where do you draw the line and why? 

Maybe I'll agree with you. 

But as of now, I see no MEANINGFUL difference between STA, Allen, Gorman, IMg, Grayson, Bosco or BC. 

31 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Only difference is that IMGs catchment area is a wider, national reach. The others' breadth are regional the majority of the time. You're both correct. 

i agree but the others are self limiting. They don't need to be. 

And I don't know if Allen is any less self limiting than is IMG... (where their QB's have jetted in from) just less numerous in acquisitions.