Louisiana will WAR with Top 5s from 5 different states (AR, IL, MS, GA, TX)

TheRealCAJ

7 minutes ago, Pops said:

If there was a thread about Pulaski without an angle for you to hype them, you'd be tearing them down for not being able to handle a lower division UT team

Lower division Utah team?..the one DLS lost to and gave up 500 total yards?

You are an idiot too.

I'm saying Pulaski Academy is Preseason #1 in AR. 

8 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Hard to say how good Pulaski actually is... they never actually beat anyone even semi-decent last year. They just got their ass beat by 2 TDs by East UT.

In 2015 they beat a gur-bige Highland Park team that was 82nd in Texas.

The instate competition they play doesnt tell you anything.

They never play any of the bigger AR schools (ie. Fayetteville, Bentonville, N. Little Rock, Har-Ber, etc). Pulaski to AR is like Cartersville or Buford to GA.  

13 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Hard to say how good Pulaski actually is... they never actually beat anyone even semi-decent last year. They just got their ass beat by 2 TDs by East UT.

Hard to say how good Carrollton, GA actually is....they never actually beat anyone even semi-decent last year. AND, they did NOT get their ass beat by East, UT because they didn't play East, UT.

5 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

They never play any of the bigger AR schools (ie. Fayetteville, Bentonville, N. Little Rock, Har-Ber, etc). Pulaski to AR is like Cartersville or Buford to GA.  

Pulaski Academy beat (10-3) Memphis University School in 2013. MUS was #7 in TN. (37-28)

MUS lost in the State Ttile game that year to Ensworth, (27-10)

So they are at least that good.

1 minute ago, TheRealCAJ said:

Pulaski Academy beat (10-3) Memphis University School in 2013. MUS was #7 in TN. (37-28)

MUS lost in the State Ttile game that year to Ensworth, (27-10)

So they are at least that good.

I never said they were a bad team. On the contrary, they are very talented. I'm simply saying they are a smaller school that never plays the big boys in their own state. Not sure if it's because the bigger schools don't want to risk a loss to a smaller school or not? They do play some quality teams OOS, though. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TheRealCAJ said:

Hard to say how good Carrollton, GA actually is....they never actually beat anyone even semi-decent last year. AND, they did NOT get their ass beat by East, UT because they didn't play East, UT.

Nobody has been talking Carrollton up all offseason like you have Pulaski either..

11 minutes ago, Adam Kurkjian said:

Would love to see Carrollton make a little noise. That's where Jonathan Jones (Patriots) went. I know their track program is elite.

The HC that can do it was put in place last year. 

They went from a 6-6 team with 42-0 & 35-0 losses in 2015 , to 11-2 in 2016 with their only losses to the 2 State Title participants, losing to Buford just 34-27 in the Quarterfinals.

They were pretty good under Rayvan Teague too.

They went to the 4A State Title game in 2013, finishing 13-2,  losing to Griffin 56-35. 

They were also 14-1 in 2010... losing 14-7 in the State Title game to Sandy Creek.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ECHS05 said:

Nobody has been talking Carrollton up all offseason like you have Pulaski either..

and, you have Pulaski Academy #36 in your "GA On My Mind" Top 135......you have Carrolton ranked as well.

36. Pulaski Academy AR (13-1)

NOW, you don't know how good they are?

Give me a freakin break....

1 minute ago, TheRealCAJ said:

and, you have Pulaski Academy #36 in your "GA On My Mind" Top 135......you have Carrolton ranked as well.

36. Pulaski Academy AR (13-1)

NOW, you don't know how good they are?

Give me a freakin break....

A Preseason poll is a guessing game. For everyone.

They are most definitely a hard team to get a read on, because the only game theyve played the last 2 years vs a decent team... they lost by 2 TDs.

5 minutes ago, TheRealCAJ said:

How many more teams do you have ranked highly that you really don't know how good they are, peanut? 9_9

Quite a few.

Hell I dont know how good Grayson is going to be... they lost all but 2 starters and have a brand new HC. They are highly ranked based solely on talent.

No idea about BC, Carol City... if Warren Central should be that high... Ben Davis, Northwestern... BUT Pulaski is an even bigger question than all of those teams. Because those teams HAVE beat some good teams unlike Pulaski.

I think Pulaski has potential... and they are good... just hard to say how good because theyve only played 1 good team.

12 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

Like Jersey Privates won't play their good publics

It's the opposite in NJ. The publics don't want any part of the privates there. Tennessee did the same thing in the 90's. The privates and publics all competed in the same class during the playoffs. The publics got tired of recruited-up privates winning the state title every other year. I imagine it's the same philosophy in NJ. Sure, every once in a while, a public might be able to play with one or two of the privates in the BNU, but most years they would get taken out behind the woodshed. 

States like GA, TX, FL (sans IMG/STA), AL, MS, etc all have that small town and county pride that make most of the public schools better. That's just simply not the case in the Northeast/Atlantic regions of the country. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Quite a few.

Hell I dont know how good Grayson is going to be... they lost all but 2 starters and have a brand new HC. They are highly ranked based solely on talent.

No idea about BC, Carol City... if Warren Central should be that high... Ben Davis, Northwestern... BUT Pulaski is an even bigger question than all of those teams. Because those teams HAVE beat some good teams unlike Pulaski.

I think Pulaski has potential... and they are good... just hard to say how good because theyve only played 1 good team.

Warren Central is legit.  I don't expect them to lose to anyone this season with just decent qb play including the Ohio squads.

• Like 1