Louisiana will WAR with Top 5s from 5 different states (AR, IL, MS, GA, TX)

TheRealCAJ

Just now, ECHS05 said:

Buford played Roswell last year.

McEachern in 2015.

Trinity Christian & McEachern in 2014.

Theres a lot more... just naming a few.

Bufords tried and true. 

I remember years ago no one wanting to play Buford. Too much of a risk for a bigger school. It's the same sentiment in Tennessee with Alcoa. Everyone (except Maryville) is afraid to play them. 

6 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

Warren Central is legit.  I don't expect them to lose to anyone this season with just decent qb play including the Ohio squads.

They don't play anyone from Ohio this season, which is unfortunate for me.  Means I have to make a trip to Indianapolis.

18 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

I would rather have seen Pulaski and Cartersville hook up this year. Two explosive offenses going at it. 

Me too.

But Buford is going to be back at the top very soon, if not this year. John Ford is an excellent HC. And the talent Buford has is only going to magnify with him there. And they have 4 years of Aaron McLaughlin at QB to look forward to.

2 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Me too.

But Buford is going to be back at the top very soon, if not this year. John Ford is an excellent HC. And the talent Buford has is only going to magnify with him there. And they have 4 years of Aaron McLaughlin at QB to look forward to.

I'm excited to see the results of their game with S. Pointe. Should be a good one. 

1 hour ago, Omaha Vol said:

Maybe Ben Davis. I bet they split this year (they'll play again in the playoffs). 

I think it's tougher to run the table in that classification than most people realize. Those top 4-5 teams are always solid. The WC team that obliterated Elder (2002??) but lost twice in-state confirmed that for me.

12 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

That's good shit. I respect the states as a whole who show they compete with top teams. Florida, Ohio and New Jersey come to mind. 

But Louisiana does have some marquee games. Surprised so few games against Texas. Should be a good year for Louisiana 

Ohio and Jersey play OOS out of necessity! There aren't a half dozen decent teams in either state!

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Buford played Roswell last year.

McEachern in 2015.

Trinity Christian & McEachern in 2014.

Theres a lot more... just naming a few.

Bufords tried and true. 

REALLY? Buford's only win over Roswell and McEachern, was six days after MAC lost the #2 back in the country! If Taj Griffin had been healthy, it would have been a BLOW OUT for dem Injuns!!

Bayou is really facing 4 State #1s.....

Clarion-Ledger Sports has Pearl preseason #1.....returns 18 starters from their 6A Runner-up squad from a year ago.

1. Pearl (11-4 in 2016)

There isn’t another school in the state that returns as many key starters as Pearl does in 2017. After making it to the 6A championship as juniors, experience may be all that they needed. Jake Smithart returns at quarterback along with Tylan Knight and Johnquarise Patterson to provide Pearl with some explosive offensive power. Teams had a difficult time containing Knight and Patterson as juniors and in their senior season that isn’t going to change. The Pirates have 18 total returning starters who bring back all but 154 of its total yards gained last season. There isn’t much doubt surrounding John Perry’s Pirates and what they’re capable of accomplishing in 2017.

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/high-school/2017/08/12/2017-preseason-super-10/529071001/

For those not familiar Pearl has a population of 26,000 (suburb) and is 4 miles from Jackson, MS

12 hours ago, TheRealCAJ said:

NJ is the most overhyped state on this forum, bar none!

Pulaski Academy, AR went to California couple years ago and battled a solid (12-2) Chaminade team, and blew a 39-35 lead with 5 minutes left.

Going for it on 4th did Pulaski Academy in.

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/chaminade-eagles-(west-hills,ca)/football-fall-12/schedule.htm

Stick to NJ, mooch. You are  NOT quite ready for prime time...

I think that Cali, Jersey, AND Tejas, are ALL overrated! You'd think that with 40,000,000 peoples, Cali would have more than a dozen national caliber teams, if that! As for Tejas, they RARELY play ANYBODY outside the state! And when they do, they struggle! Look at supposed NATIONAL CHAMPION Allen as Exhibit A! They won by the hair of their chinny chin, chin, against a half ass decent Dutch Fork team, 61-59! Dutch Fork was beaten in the playoffs by THIRTY points! And with 9,000,000 people, Jersey routinely has MAYBE six decent teams in the whole damn state! And all are recruited teams from three states!

1 hour ago, Adam Kurkjian said:

I think it's tougher to run the table in that classification than most people realize. Those top 4-5 teams are always solid. The WC team that obliterated Elder (2002??) but lost twice in-state confirmed that for me.

Second most aggressive team I've seen with the best ground game I've ever seen.

• Like 1