Word on today's BNU Scrimmages

SJR 04

2nd hand information on PC scrimmage 

PC played without John Clark. Anyone seen him?? PC struggled with Long Branch tied 14-14. Found their footing against St. Joseph Hamilton and Timber creek.  PC Shut both teams out. Won both those scrimmages 4 nothing. Applewhite looked sharp and the transfer didn't suit up. PC looked good defensively DB'S were a concern. 

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Is the backup Boel as good as advertised? I'm hearing he runs the O better than 21. Thx. 

If so Imagine 21 and devera as two receiving TE options on field simultaneously ? Mismatches for defenses..... nunz gonna stick w 21 is my guess though. 

• Like 1

Yes, Pope John looked like the best team at the scrimmage.  SPP next, and not much difference between Montclair and Elizabeth.

It also looked like Pope John played without their big back.  I don't know if SPP had anyone out...

But neither of the Catholic schools dominated either of the publics...

5 minutes ago, elKakador said:

Yes, Pope John looked like the best team at the scrimmage.  SPP next, and not much difference between Montclair and Elizabeth.

It also looked like Pope John played without their big back.  I don't know if SPP had anyone out...

But neither of the Catholic schools dominated either of the publics...

Interesting take 

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Former PC volunteer coach/recruiter is now at Barringer. Going fwd, if he can keep EVERY baller in town to attend Barringer, they could be the Miami Central/BTW of NJ down the line. 

Not happening. At PC or any private a coach or person that advises kids to attend is offering urban kids an opportunity to walk them through a door that kid would not be able to walk himself through.  Parents and children will jump at that opportunity and be forever greatful.  When you show up offering Barringer they'll look at u with the wtf do I need you for?  It's a fkn pub school I can get myself or my child in without you. Try telling a mom that has BNU interest that she should choose a Newark pub school in a city where kids kill each other. How do you see that going? Lol

• Like 1