Word on today's BNU Scrimmages

SJR 04

16 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I get it. Wouldn't it help that it's free? As you know, even the urban kids have to pay a little something for their BNU experience. Also, assembling an elite, allstar team made up of their Essex County friends might be intriguing. Just a thought. 

It's always been free and assembling an allstar team has always been an option. Again what can you do for us that we can not do without you?? At a private you can get him away from the dangers of everyday life here, give him a shot at exposure on highest level, surround him with kids from from different cultures and opportunities that influence him in a positive way,  and get him a top flight education minus medal detectors. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Would a new, high profile 'brand name' of a head coach help Barringer cause? With close ties to major colleges? Is that enough incentive? 

If would help but unless he's gonna end gun violence many parents with options will still choose the privates

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

Not good and now it's all up to Teel and O line...

and the qb, whoever that turns out to be.  I liked the soph Batts a lot from what I saw at the M & W scrimmage, but he may be a little young to throw to the wolves right off the bat (no pun intended :)).  But he's apparently looking pretty good today...2 TDs and a lot of yards.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Would a new, high profile 'brand name' of a head coach help Barringer cause? With close ties to major colleges? Is that enough incentive? 

I would like to see this. Know it would be tough, but a couple things would have to happen:

- Coach would have to prove kids could get college offers/exposure out of Barringer

- Coach would have to build a winning culture

- Program would have to "play up"/challenging schedule, offer something in terms of level of competition that most publics don't currently get

I don't know the specifics or anything of those communities, but based on what usually happens across the country, those are the ways to do it. Easier said than done, I know.