Word on today's BNU Scrimmages

SJR 04

47 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Bakker is not from Paterson. He's from Irvington. Other ballers from the Irvington/EO area are AQM, Shumate and Jabrill. #BCL4Life

None of those guys played for BCL. Brill and shumate played for E.O jaguars and AQM played for the stallions which i guess became BCL years later. E.O jaguars have turned out a lot of ballers. Shane simon of SPP is a jaguar as well

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

#40 for joes is a Bosco transfer.. anyone knows if he's any good

I assume you're talking about Sharkey.  He didn't have a great year at cornerback for Bosco last year.  I think he's better suited for offense.  What's he been playing at joe's?

8 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Was thrown into the fire last season as a soph at DBP. He'll def be a contributor once he sits out the mandatory 30 days. He originally enrolled at SJR w their 2018 class, then decided to reclassify (2019) and repeat 8th grade at DePaul. Then decided to attend DBP rather than SJR. Was given every oppty at DBP. Just wasn't happy. Can play either O or D, but is more comfortable on O as a slot receiver. 

That's a tough resume' to follow.

3 minutes ago, NicholasMalibu said:

I know this is a BNU thread, so I don't want to hijack, but the DeMatha vs St. Frances Academy scrimmage is going on in Baltimore right now. IMO, two Top 25 teams. 14-7 DeMatha. I'll post something when it's done.

Those teams aren't wasting any time getting Their feet wet. Good scrimmage for both to be ready week 1 ESP with dematha opening up against BG and St Francis with bishop Sullivan. 

8 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

Can dematha play St. Francis in playoffs ?

No. The privates don't have a MD state championship for several reasons. The primary being public schools not wanting anything to do with them. It's pretty messed up to be honest. Other problems include the WCAC having half of its schools in DC(SJC, Gonzaga, etc..) and Virginia and them having their own state championships. They needs to have something where the MIAA(Baltimore League-SFA, McDonogh, Gilman, etc...) champion plays the WCAC(DC League- DeMatha, Good Counsel, SJC, Gonzaga, etc..) champion. 

17-14 DeMatha over SFA at the half. Both QB's look good. Both teams throwing haymakers down the field for TD's. Wish they could have a chance at a state championship game. Would be classic.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

That's about it from the DM vs SFA scrimmage. The starters went at each other full tilt for a whole game-like half. Ended 17-14 for DeMatha. 2 passing TD's for DM and a FG. 1 passing TD and a KO return for a TD from SFA. Both teams are extremely athletic and big, but have work to do in the obvious areas(OL/DB) this time of year. Some notes...

For SFA...

-LB's are the anchor of that defense. Very fast and big. Get down the field in a hurry and stuff the run. Better have some good OG's to get a run game going. 

-They switched QB's with starters in. I don't know what that means though. The "starting" QB, who is a Miss St commit, looked good. The kid who came in for him(it's the West Virginia University HC's son), threw a bomb for a TD on a back up DM DB. Great play action pass. Both kids look the part. 

-SFA will be as advertised. Hard nosed kids. As a team, they should look similar to or better than SJC last year. 

For DeMatha...

-QB looked good. In command and picked the SFA apart when he wanted to. 2 long passes for TD's. Real test is 7 days from now on ESPN in LV...

-Had a few OL's out, but needed the scrimmage today. Having 4 power 5 players coming at you is tough to deal with. Big, athletic, and time together will be their best weapon. 

-RB's will be fast. Will be very fun to watch this season. 

-Defensively strong. Need to clean up the stupid stuff at DB with play action. Glad they got this tape to go over this week. 

I'll be honest, it's tough to gauge these two teams in a scrimmage. Their both Top 25 teams that are full of talent. I'm sure the coaches held back big time. 

• Like 2