Word on today's BNU Scrimmages

SJR 04

4 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

SPP should NO LONGER BE allowed to play public schools in Hudson.... They are terrible...power pts taken away if they continue as they are continuing to bully those pathetic teams..

While I agree with you at least the SPP schedule is a big step in the right direction. 

Union City, SJP, SHP, PC, DP, BC, SJR, Lincoln, Bosco. Now get rid of those 2 HC stiffs and they will have a very tough schedule.

2 minutes ago, SJR 04 said:

Paramus Catholics' John Clark is absolutely the best running back in the BNU. I felt he got caught up in the politic machine last season when pick All League and All County players. He had the second most yards in the league and played on a championship team. Some how other kids that were more hyped than him were chosen over him. Check out a few of his runs vs Elizabeth. Keep in mind that PC's line is awful. Although i did hear help is on tge way

https://twitter.com/hdhighlights/status/899706226665283584

Kid is good and a tough runner. Politics has always ruled the day when it comes to these all county, all league and all state teams. Unfortunately its just the way it is.

2 minutes ago, aZjimbo said:

Kid is good and a tough runner. Politics has always ruled the day when it comes to these all county, all league and all state teams. Unfortunately its just the way it is.

Yeah but in some years it sucks more than other depending on the severity of the BS. Last year was a damn shame. Josh McKenzie didn't earn it. JM is a good back but clark had a better season that year.

Just now, GardenStateBaller said:

The amount of power points those two publics receive from the SPP games will guarantee them homefield advantage throughout the playoffs despite multiple losses. There's a method behind their madness. 

Yes that's the publics. But SPP should not be playing those teams.

Just now, SJR 04 said:

Yeah but in somw years it sucks more than other depending on the severity of the BS. Last year was a damn shame. Josh McKenzie didn't earn it. JM is a good back but clark had a better season that year.

Well I didn't want to mention any kids by name but there is no way he deserved all county. Total travesty. 

7 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Unless forced not to, SPP will continue to schedule them. They claim they want to keep their Hudson County roots, but in reality they love the two extra bye weeks. That's why they're more likely to go undefeated and be a MNC contender than any other BNU team going fwd. 

But will they beat BC, Bosco, SJR, and PC on a yearly basis? I doubt it. Now you take maybe one more real good OOS game and add in another NP then you have something nationally if you go 11-1, 12-0. If SPP goes 12-0 they should never win a MNC playing those 2 stiffs. They can name the score in those games. 

9 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

DBP did it in 2011. Every elite team in America plays a few cupcakes. Check the schedules of the last 10 MNCs. Having to beat DBP or BC twice more than makes up for the two publics. 

Once again we are talking different times under different rules. Bosco had to play the public's schools then. Apparently you keep forgetting this. The new leagues were set up so the NPs play the NPs with some OOS games sprinkled in. 

I just don't get why a team would schedule another team that they know they will win by at least 40-50 points before the game has started. What purpose does that play?

16 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Point is that EVERY MNC past, present and future beat a few cupcakes on its schedule. Some MNCs were even crowned without having to play an OOS game. If SPP goes undefeated this season or any, they would have to be considered by many pollsters as a MNC contender. I already know they wouldn't get your vote. And that's cool. 

My vote doesn't count. But if NJ is so intent on winning a MNC then they better start scheduling more cupcakes I guess. 

4 minutes ago, aZjimbo said:

My vote doesn't count. But if NJ is so intent on winning a MNC then they better start scheduling more cupcakes I guess. 

Go look at dls schedules the 25x they won the mnc.... your expectations are crazy in regard to scheduling. Cupcakes, two ideally, are important for even the sjb, STA, BGs of the world.... 

52 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

Go look at dls schedules the 25x they won the mnc.... your expectations are crazy in regard to scheduling. Cupcakes, two ideally, are important for even the sjb, STA, BGs of the world.... 

Way diferent times regarding DLS. If you feel playing teams that you know you will beat by 50 points more power to you. I guess its good for the ego.  

21 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

That's the formula that works for the rest of the USA!! (Except for IMG this season)

No nj is winning a MNC anytime soon.... not with the img copycats popping up in the country. Plus BG, STA, SJB's of the world .... 

best case scenario will be a 1 loss bnu team .... like spp in 14. Sjr in 13. 

Cant see anyone going undefeated. 

3 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Being undefeated with get one in the mix though. And SPP has the best chance based on the points above. 

I agree but is a Brandon wimbush walking through those school doors anytime soon? With a mincah Fitzpatrick in tow as well? 

Two incredibly special players/athletes.