Whiteshoes Top 100 - August 16, 2017

whiteshoes

13 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

Well to start I know for a fact they would slap around bossier city who's ranked 97th. 

Your hard core evidence is Don Bosco being 6-5 last year, I suppose.

Reality? Don Bosco won't see a QB and WR like Parkway (Bossier City) has all year. Thank the football gods.

Try Byrnes first. 

2 hours ago, TheRealCAJ said:

Your hard core evidence is Don Bosco being 6-5 last year, I suppose.

They played an absurd schedule. Record is misleading. 

Don Bosco won't see a QB and WR like Parkway (Bossier City) has all year.

Yea ok.... have you seen the St. Francis roster? BC has a Boston College qb with multiple good receiving options? Sjr has a Pitt qb bound with one of the best receiving TEs in the country who's also going to Pitt. Spp qb will be no slouch throwing to the ND twins. 

But bosco needs to thank the football gods they aren't playing some second rate team from Louisiana? 

Try Byrnes first.

Byrnes (even today) is a bigger name than parkway get real. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Coletrain06 said:

Where is St. Ed at? Is that an oversight or just not sold? Most ohioans have Eds numer 1 or 2

The issue with non-Ohio guys like myself is the amount of faith being put in younger talent. There are plenty of teams that have more experience. Just a matter of waiting to see what all the hype is about for these players who didn't get as much run. But we should probably defer to you guys.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mjd33 said:

They played an absurd schedule. Record is misleading. 

Yea ok.... have you seen the St. Francis roster? BC has a Boston College qb with multiple good receiving options? Sjr has a Pitt qb bound with one of the best receiving TEs in the country who's also going to Pitt. Spp qb will be no slouch throwing to the ND twins. 

But bosco needs to thank the football gods they aren't playing some second rate team from Louisiana? 

Byrnes (even today) is a bigger name than parkway get real. 

Yeah I think 4 of DBPs losses can be forgiven... although losing to PC twice, tsk, tsk.

But most teams wouldve lost to SJP & AHP. 

Moeller is the only head scratcher.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

imagine if everyone shitted on your poll the way you're doing his right now. "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all"  

Im not trying to shit on his poll... just giving some, heads up/advice. Constructive criticism. If everyone wasnt so sensitive theyd see its actually helps you become better at what youre doing.

5 hours ago, Coletrain06 said:

Where is St. Ed at? Is that an oversight or just not sold? Most ohioans have Eds numer 1 or 2

I currently have St. Edward ranked 9th in Ohio behind both the Pickerington schools and Solon.    The season will reveal where they belong based on their strength of schedule.

7 minutes ago, whiteshoes said:

To be honest, CalPreps was not a source of my information.    I don't like their California bias.  

How did teams like Marist IL, Tigard OR, and Minor AL get in there then? Minor and Tigard are pretty random teams.

North Little Rock AR, Camas WA, Marquette Uni. WI... all highly ranked instate by CalPreps... teams that most wouldnt expect in a top 100.

36 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

How did teams like Marist IL, Tigard OR, and Minor AL get in there then? Minor and Tigard are pretty random teams.

North Little Rock AR, Camas WA, Marquette Uni. WI... all highly ranked instate by CalPreps... teams that most wouldnt expect in a top 100.

Sounds like you don't expect any team outside of your comfort states in a top 100.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TheRealCAJ said:

really not a whole lot of talent this year

Not true. 

If you tried to tell me one of the top teams in LA deserved to be included more than bosco maybe we would buy it  .... but not Parkway who wasn't even a top 10 team in Louisiana last year.... maybe not top 15. 

Parkway lost to Evangel C. By 37 points at home. 

You would think Evangel C was really good right? But  they lost to allen by 5 tds. 

And EC was 1 in Louisiana last season according to calpreps. 

6 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Yeah I think 4 of DBPs losses can be forgiven... although losing to PC twice, tsk, tsk.

But most teams wouldve lost to SJP & AHP. 

Moeller is the only head scratcher.

PC won state and beat St. Francis so not bad losses imo. 

Agree on the moeller loss though. 

38 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

PC won state and beat St. Francis so not bad losses imo. 

Agree on the moeller loss though. 

Bosco has not been nationally relevant for some time now.  They have fervent supporters who are living in the past, and are getting ranked based on reputation alone.   This won't last much longer, and they desperately need a relevant win in 2017.  For now, They are #fakenews

9 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Bosco has not been nationally relevant for some time now.  They have fervent supporters who are living in the past, and are getting ranked based on reputation alone.   This won't last much longer, and they desperately need a relevant win in 2017.  For now, They are #fakenews

Hmm they beat #1 STA in 14 and were state champs in 15. 

If that's irrelevant what's servite? 

Just now, Mjd33 said:

Hmm they beat #1 STA in 14 and were state champs in 15. 

If that's irrelevant what's servite? 

Since you brought up Servite. ..... Bosco 2017 = Servite  post 2011....fading, fading, fading. 

Bosco was not a national level team in 2016, and they don't look any better in 2017.  In fact, their only decent OOS win in 2015 pathetic squeaker to a Rummel team that did not have a Top 200 win that year.

2017 Servite vs 2017 Bosco would be a good competitive game.

• Like 1