Hudson Catholic (NJ)

paladin4ever

Hudson Catholic played BC High (49-0 in 2010) and Xaverian (42-0 in 2009) a while back and got blown out really badly both times. I don't know much about them this year, but BC High should be a top 5 team in Mass. They have a RB who turned down a BC offer to go to Harvard and a few other 1aa kids. Not sure what HC brings back.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Adam Kurkjian said:

Hudson Catholic played BC High (49-0 in 2010) and Xaverian (42-0 in 2009) a while back and got blown out really badly both times. I don't know much about them this year, but BC High should be a top 5 team in Mass. They have a RB who turned down a BC offer to go to Harvard and a few other 1aa kids. Not sure what HC brings back.

HC's program has gotten much better since then. Played in the NPG2 final a couple of years ago. Looking forward to this game. If not televised, I may go to Jersey City to watch live.

Just now, paladin4ever said:

HC's program has gotten much better since then. Played in the NPG2 final a couple of years ago. Looking forward to this game. If not televised, I may go to Jersey City to watch live.

Nice.

Yeah, I noticed that they beat St. Anthony's (NY) last year. That's a pretty decent win.

BC High will be big up front. They always are. Some good experience on D and the RB, Abraham, is fast. They'll be breaking in a new QB, but he's pretty mobile and saw some action last year. Glad these teams are hooking up.

This will be a blowout.  Hudson Catholic snuck by a weak Poly Prep team, not St. Anthony's; they are nowhere near that level.  HC was 5-6 TDs worse than Pope John, Delbarton, and DePaul when they played last year (the type of teams you expect a really good BC High team to be competitive with).  If BC is as good as you say I expect a similar result to when they played a few years ago.

Kudos to HC for taking on a challenge but it won't be pretty.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

This will be a blowout.  Hudson Catholic snuck by a weak Poly Prep team, not St. Anthony's; they are nowhere near that level.  HC was 5-6 TDs worse than Pope John, Delbarton, and DePaul when they played last year (the type of teams you expect a really good BC High team to be competitive with).  If BC is as good as you say I expect a similar result to when they played a few years ago.

Kudos to HC for taking on a challenge but it won't be pretty.

Interesting. Well, like you say, kudos to the coach for taking on the challenge. Rather have that attitude than the opposite.