PrepGridiron.com National High School Football Top 25 Reader Poll (Updated 1/5)

PrepGridiron

South Pointe not even on the bubble...  dang.  Well done fellas :).   No WTF's in this 25 and the bubble teams are good too.  One can argue here and there but when we compare vs. the other polls/ratings (if I have time later I will do all 8 polls tally) I like our 10 votes.  

Only question I have for Prep is did GSB's ranking of Rome move Rome into the 25 or was there another vote for Rome this week?  Just wondering.   We should never have one voter create a school into the 25 or it defeats the purpose of the group format.  Imo 2 voters should have a school in the 25 minimum to even garner a thought.    When we were adding "others" into the list I doubt any submittal was in the 25 that week or the following until at least a 2nd person added it.  If they were I think we need to revisit this for next year. 

Edit:  Echs and the GA crew know I dig Rome...  you can check me discussing them preseason in the archives.  Not a personal attack on Rome.  The DL and returning players was an easy watch this school preseason thought.  Just a poll ? issue.  

19 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I don't agree that they should be ahead of NG simply on being undefeated. Of course. I've said that before. Not sure if I'd have them ahead of Lake Travis either.  Can't really argue about having them ahead of the Ohio duo though. 

I watched the NG/Colquitt game and the Rome/Warner Robins game back-to-back......and I just don't see Rome beating North Gwinnett or Colquiit........or Archer or Grayson or Lowndes to be honest

They probably should be ahead of T-M, but that's because T-M, like Rome, doesn't belong in the top 25.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Coletrain06 said:

I watched the NG/Colquitt game and the Rome/Warner Robins game back-to-back......and I just don't see Rome beating North Gwinnett or Colquiit........or Archer or Grayson or Lowndes to be honest

They probably should be ahead of T-M, but that's because T-M, like Rome, doesn't belong in the top 25.

I guess that somewhere down the line, polls stopped ranking who they think is the best today and reverted to preseason type logic for certain teams. I just hate that it seems like the logic changes from season to season. It makes it impossible to make sense of it all and it just seems like the credibility of polls comes into question with these flip flops in logic. 

At least the Reader's Poll has the two Georgia teams in the right order according to who would likely beat who. I'm still trying to understand CP having Rome ahead when clearly the s.o.s. was far different between the two teams. 

32 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I guess that somewhere down the line, polls stopped ranking who they think is the best today and reverted to preseason type logic for certain teams. I just hate that it seems like the logic changes from season to season. It makes it impossible to make sense of it all and it just seems like the credibility of polls comes into question with these flip flops in logic. 

At least the Reader's Poll has the two Georgia teams in the right order according to who would likely beat who. I'm still trying to understand CP having Rome ahead when clearly the s.o.s. was far different between the two teams. 

Agreed......... There are some real head scratchers if the goal is to rank the best teams today (which is the only type of ranking I'm interested in.)    Some of these lower division champions are great teams that could certainly play with and beat some of the best top division teams on any given night.........however, if you ask them to play 10-15 games against top division teams and run the top division playoffs........you'd certainly see some losses and early playoff exits.

On 12/14/2017 at 12:22 PM, PrepGridiron said:

Week 17 Top 25 Rankings. Updated 12/14/2017. 

1. Mater Dei (CA) 
  2. IMG Academy (FL) 
  3. Allen (TX)
  4. American Heritage (FL)
  5. St. Frances Academy (MD)
  6. Ben Davis (IN)
  7. Katy (TX)
  8. Bingham (UT)
  9. Bishop Gorman (NV) 
  10. St. John Bosco (CA)
  11. Miami Northwestern (FL)
  12. Trinity (KY) 
  13. St. John's College (DC)
  14. De La Salle (CA)
  15. Pine-Richland (PA)
  16. Miami Central (FL)
  17. Pickerington Central (OH)
  18. Centennial (CA)
  19. Chandler (AZ)
  20. N. Gwinnett (GA)
  21. South Pointe (SC)
  22. Midway (TX)
  23. Westlake (TX)
  24. Folsom (CA)
  25. Archbishop Hoban (OH)

On the Bubble:  Brentwood Academy (TN), Trotwood-Madison (OH), St. Louis (HI), Venice (FL)

Question

Did anyone have Allen at #1 or #2 from your poll guys? 

• Like 1

Final Top 25 Rankings. Updated 1/5/2018. 

1. Mater Dei (CA)
  2. IMG Academy (FL)
  3. St. Frances Academy (MD)
  4. Allen (TX)
  5. American Heritage (FL)
  6. Ben Davis (IN)
  7. Chandler (AZ)
  8. Bishop Gorman (NV)
  9. St. John Bosco (CA)
  10. Cy-Fair (TX)
  11. Centennial (CA)
  12. Pine-Richland (PA)
  14. Trinity (KY)
  15. De La Salle (CA)
  16. North Gwinnett (GA)
  18. Lake Travis (TX)
  19. Miami Northwestern (FL)
  20. Miami Central (FL)
  21. Archbishop Hoban (OH)
  22. Bingham (UT)
  23. Venice (FL)
  24. Folsom (CA)
  25. Rome (GA)

Last 5 Out: West Point (MS), South Pointe (SC), Lincoln-Way East (IL), Colerain (OH), Westlake (TX)

2 minutes ago, PrepGridiron said:

Final Top 25 Rankings. Updated 1/5/2018. 

1. Mater Dei (CA)
  2. IMG Academy (FL)
  3. St. Frances Academy (MD)
  4. Allen (TX)
  5. American Heritage (FL)
  6. Ben Davis (IN)
  7. Chandler (AZ)
  8. Bishop Gorman (NV)
  9. St. John Bosco (CA)
  10. Cy-Fair (TX)
  11. Centennial (CA)
  12. Pine-Richland (PA)
  14. Trinity (KY)
  15. De La Salle (CA)
  16. North Gwinnett (GA)
  18. Lake Travis (TX)
  19. Miami Northwestern (FL)
  20. Miami Central (FL)
  21. Archbishop Hoban (OH)
  22. Bingham (UT)
  23. Venice (FL)
  24. Folsom (CA)
  25. Rome (GA)

Last 5 Out: West Point (MS), South Pointe (SC), Lincoln-Way East (IL), Colerain (OH), Westlake (TX)

So can we finally all agree Folsom is #2 in Norcal.....?

• Haha 1

• 4 months later...
  • 3 years later...